Brian Stann accepts role with PFL.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ns-professional-fighters-league-advisory-role

"I'll have influence going forward on how [the PFL] can try to pick up these tournaments, how they treat their athletes, how they recruit their athletes," Stann told ESPN. "It's high-level strategic [advising]. It's, 'Hey, this is what we're thinking. What are your initial thoughts on this?'

"One of the things that helps you attract viewers is having a real partnership with your athletes," Stann said. "I thought that the WEC [which the UFC bought in 2006] did a really good job of that when they were young. The WEC did a really good job of communicating with us and giving us a role and involvement in the promotion."

Stann (12-6) left his UFC commentary role to pursue an MBA and a position in real estate, as well as spend more time with his wife and three daughters. He does not anticipate this new role with PFL to interfere with any of that.

Excellent for the sport of MMA that Stann is back in it but sucks we probably won't see or hear much of/from him.

Hey look, it's WSOF's last hurrah...

WSOF had some good scraps... but the top guys are gone. Going to be interesting... like LFA.

Good riddance. Probably a nice guy but insanely boring commentator

Brian Stann is one of the most genuine professional people to ever be involved with MMA, great hire for PFL.

Brian Stann is one of the most genuine professional people to ever be involved with MMA, great hire for PFL.

He really is. He did his homework before every single fight. He spoke with fighters backstage and coaches and always had insider information to bring up during the broadcast.

A true professional. Wish he still did work for the UFC but the UFC probably underpaid him or probably didn’t appreciate him for his work.

The same Brian Stann who was trying to justify the Reebok deal?

WSOF had some good scraps... but the top guys are gone. Going to be interesting... like LFA.
I would consider PFL a little higher than LFA (even tho I love LFA) as far as credibility. They still have quite a few names and have produced legit contenders in the UFC like moraes and ghatjie.

PFL should be fun and anyone that doesnt think so <Fedor23>

Extremely bias and let it show all the time on purpose or not.
The word you are looking for is biased with an -ed at the end, not bias. And you're 100% wrong on top of having poor spelling, Brian Stann was among the best commentators the UFC ever had.

The word you are looking for is biased with an -ed at the end, not bias. And you're 100% wrong on top of having poor spelling, Brian Stann was among the best commentators the UFC ever had.
No that would mean that I meant past tense. He's still extremely bias in the present.

You my friend are bias in your opinion of him. Even though he isn't a commentator anymore you're still talking about him right now today. No -ed needed.

And I didn't spell anything wrong. Even if you were right (which you're not) you accusing me of having poor grammar (word usage) not spelling.

Go back to English class. Stop trying to act smart.

I really wish Stann had an mma podcast. His commentary was the best thing the ufc had going for a while imo.

He really is. He did his homework before every single fight. He spoke with fighters backstage and coaches and always had insider information to bring up during the broadcast.

A true professional. Wish he still did work for the UFC but the UFC probably underpaid him or probably didn’t appreciate him for his work.

I was watching a bit of Jared Cannonier earlier since he’s fighting this weekend and Brian commentated like 3 of his fights, you could really notice his attention to detail he would put in, like you said he would speak to the fighters and get their info so he could transcend that into his commentary and I really appreciated that. Brian Stann is a G, much respect for that guy.

I'm not sure whether that was his own bias or if he was just imitating Rogan. He said a lot of the same things Joe did and in the same manner.
He was very bias for Jackson camp fighters which made sense because that was his camp.

He was ultra egocentric and pro American fighters to which I was fine to me with him being a former Marine officer.

But when he said Aldo doesn't deserve a rematch McGregor because he doesn't speak English or make an effort to learn our culture I was done with him. Out of the hundreds of reasons he could have said to why Aldo shouldn't get a rematch he brought up language and culture.

But of course Conor who is an Irish citizen in this country on a work visa was A okay in his book.

Back