Brian Ortega vs Ricardo Lamas

209 Life

FACE THE PAIN!!!
Banned
Reaction score
This would be good fight for next contender after Frankie gets TS.

I doubt they'd risk it. Ortega has already cemented himself as the next contender, so they won't want an old vet who already lost to the champ potentially taking Ortega out of the title picture.

By the way, Lamas would be a much tougher fight for Ortega than Cub.

Aldo vs Swanson
Frankie vs max
Ortega vs winner of Emmett/Lamas for a #1 contendor match

Ur right bro and that's that

Ortega would smash Lamas but the fight kinda makes sense because Frankie is probably next up for a title shot.

Last edited:
If Ortega isn't content to wait for a title shot... sure.

Ortega would smash Lamas but it kinda makes sense because Frankie is probably next up for a title shot.

Lamas would be the best all around grappler that Ortega will have faced in the UFC, and lamas probably has the edge in the stand up, too--but I think Ortega would find a way to pull it off.

Honestly I would prefer Holloway vs Ortega and make Edgar vs Lamas (assuming Lamas wins). Edgar is coming off wins over Stephens and Yair and a recent title shot. I don’t even have Yair ranked top 20 in my tapology rankings

Lamas would be the best all around grappler that Ortega will have faced in the UFC, and lamas probably has the edge in the stand up, too--but I think Ortega would find a way to pull it off.
I think Ortega's Jiu Jitsu game is probably the best in that division and way better than Lamas. Maybe you have a point in the stand up but Lamas looks way too tentative in big moments for my liking.

I think Ortega's Jiu Jitsu game is probably the best in that division and way better than Lamas. Maybe you have a point in the stand up but Lamas looks way too tentative in big moments for my liking.

I wasn't trying to say that lamas would rival him in grappling--im just saying that lamas will be tougher to submit than anyone else Ortega has fought in MMA. He's a legit wrestler and a legit black belt in bjj-- the way he outgrappled do Bronx was amazing.

Aldo vs Swanson
Frankie vs max
Ortega vs winner of Emmett/Lamas for a #1 contendor match

Ur right bro and that's that

Actually, Aldo/Cub 2 would be the perfect time right now...

I wasn't trying to say that lamas would rival him in grappling--im just saying that lamas will be tougher to submit than anyone else Ortega has fought in MMA. He's a legit wrestler and a legit black belt in bjj-- the way he outgrappled do Bronx was amazing.
Do Bronx always wilts when he doesn't put his opponent away immediately.

I agree lamas would be tough for Ortega to beat, he has some of the most brutal GnP in mma and if T city goes for a choke and doesn't get it he can expect some hellbows to be raining down on him. Their stand up would probably be about even also.

Lamas is extremely under rated, I would still root for T city and think he can get it done but I definitely would be nervous for that matchup.

Violence is a guarantee in that fight, I see no way that fight could ever be boring.

Lamas would crack dat chin imo, love me t city but lamas hits hard!

Zomething special about Ortega- whether be wins title or not, I won't drink that kool-aid YET but he beats Lamas via sub and pretty confident about it.

Lamas would win that fight imo, he can fight off subs and had brutal gnp

Lamas is a poor choice since if he wins, like already said, he already fairly recently lost to Max and already fought for the belt vs Aldo...and froze.

So a glance at the rankings show, if the UFC (or Ortega himself) wants him to stay active....is the winner of Dooho/Stephens, who fight in a month. Especially if Doohoo wins, that would be a fun fight.

KZ reportedly has a bad knee injury, which could keep him out for a year. Would've been a fun choice as well.

Back