Brian Ortega: UFC has a replacement fighter for Max Holloway at UFC 231

Is there a different replacement if ORTEGA doesn't make weight, gets injured tripping over a cable, gets phantom glass in his eye, or finds some other reason to not get the beating of his LIFE from Mad Max? #ITISWHATITIS

Probably yeah. But not Aldo, maybe Moicano, Edgar or Mendes. I'd love to see Mendes against Holloway.
I've always thought a full camp Mendes beats anyone besides Aldo and Edgar.

Hope its alvarez. He always shoulda been a FW.

probably moicano or edgar.

but i'd love to see zabit in there.

Pretty sure that is either Moicano or Mendes who are in the same card.

Good news that they have a replacement ready. UFC should try to do this with all major title fights.

Holloway, Aldo, and possibly Ortega are all thinking about moving to 155 in the near future IIRC.

They weigh just as much as McGregor, for the record.
This what I never understood. Why aren't Ortega and Holloway called for beating "midgets", both cut a ton of weight.

Then we have Khabib, missed weight, dropped out of fight due to fucked cut, and has a fucking seizure making weight. Doesn't get called out for ragdolling smaller LWs.

Wish there was some consistency with the mma fans at least.

I don't think its Frankie. He has nothing to gain from beating Frankie again and risk the chance of losing. He will turn it down like the last time

mendes got removed from the moicano fight. so could it be him?

either way, ill be bummed if max doesnt make it to the fight. but he was had issues making it to his last 3 fights i think? it will suck if we dont get to see max vs ortega.

Back