Brexiters chasing their own tail

Except you were comparing two completely different scenarios. They couldn't be more different.

Scotland are reliant on the Union that being in the UK brings, Britain's future success is not reliant on staying in the EU, as evidenced by our ever increasing trade deficit and ever decreasing influence. England impose no laws or policy on Scotland, who are given full autonomy whilst being also being funded by English public funds, which amounts to far more than Scotland could ever fund on their own, and that's not even mentioning that the vast majority of Scotland's trade is with the rest of the UK, and barely anything to the EU.

I already said I would welcome Scotland's exit from the UK, if that's what they so wished, though I would not react with glee to their inevitable demise as an independent country, without a currency ("Basket case worse than Greece").

And that's great, but the problems this country have (and have had) in the EU supersede your time here as a citizen, and the issue that British people have with those problems must be respected. Surely anyone can see that in the last 20 years, mass immigration (from out of the EU as well as in) has massively degraded life in Britain (especially England) with ever increasing living costs, an ever degrading Health Service that has been cut off at the knees at a time when our population is exploding. We're a small isle that realistically would only hold around 40,000,000 but instead we're closer to 70,000,000 and ever growing. Something needed to be done, and it could never be done in the EU.

I agree with immigration point however there is something which I dont understand at all.

It seems you are quite reasonable person so can you please tell me this. Why Britain does not use the argument that UK is only a small island and cannot endlessly accept immigrants. Another thing, why UK cannot kick out those immigrants who came in strictly for handouts ie. Romanian families which I see on British streets every day (EU declared that if you cannot support yourself financially in other EU country for 3 months, you have to go back or get deported, so why UK is not using this right?). When I was to see doctor last year out of 10 patients out there was me, 3 British and 6 Romanians, family I believe with 2 pregnant daughters. View as such is also boiling my blood, because of the scum like that, entire immigration is being chucked into one basket, along with Muslims who tries to enforce they religious rights in UK.

But instead your political leaders like mr Hammond, has said that its all because Blair has open the floodgates for EU immigration. Excuse me, approach like this will only anger entire EU. There was so far no attempt from British politicians to approach that issue from more diplomatic and honest side.

It seems you are quite reasonable person so can you please tell me this. Why Britain does not use the argument that UK is only a small island and cannot endlessly accept immigrants. Another thing, why UK cannot kick out those immigrants who came in strictly for handouts ie. Romanian families which I see on British streets every day (EU declared that if you cannot support yourself financially in other EU country for 3 months, you have to go back or get deported, so why UK is not using this right?). When I was to see doctor last year out of 10 patients out there was me, 3 British and 6 Romanians, family I believe with 2 pregnant daughters. View as such is also boiling my blood, because of the scum like that, entire immigration is being chucked into one basket, along with Muslims who tries to enforce they religious rights in UK.

But instead your political leaders like mr Hammond, has said that its all because Blair has open the floodgates for EU immigration. Excuse me, approach like this will only anger entire EU. There was so far no attempt from British politicians to approach that issue from more diplomatic and honest side.

I agree that the problems that people have blamed on the EU, were exasperated by generations of weak British government (not just Blair, but Cameron too). Britain can't use the "small island" defence as we are one of the world's largest economies and one of the EU's most important. But i'd challenge anyone to live in Britain and tell me with a straight face that it isn't overcrowded, not all the fault of mass immigration however.

I honestly think Brits (in general) don't want Poles, Germans, French etc., to pack up and go back to their countries, but within the EU, The British government cannot restrict or pick and choose who can and can't come. Romania is a problem in particular because the standard of living (on benefits) in Britain is higher than staying in Romania, so why wouldn't they come? They'd be mad not to try their hand, this is where Free Movement comes back to bite us.

David Cameron took this issue to the EU parliament several times and was told each time that the idea of capping immigration from within the EU went against one of the pillars that the EU is founded on (free movement). There is no possibility for Reform of the EU (that's what remainers were campaigning on)

Added to that is the fact that our political elite are (and have been for a long time) so far detached from their constituents that they honestly didn't see these issues arising from mass immigration (strains on public services, reducing quality of life). After all, if you're an MP who lives in a gated community in London or out in the country, how are you going to know what life is like for the people you represent?

Why didn't Britain veto the ascension of countries like Bulgaria, Romania? I have no idea, but I'd imagine that once again it comes from the utter contempt and ignorance British politicians show and feel towards the majority of their citizens.

Lack of foresight on industrial scale levels led to Brexit. Years of being told by left leaning politicians that Britain must be opening and accepting of all, even if it means ruining prospects for some of your own people.

But, I'd be the first to say that Britain's problems aren't fully to blame on the EU. Britain (as a Union of Countries) has become lazy. Education levels are down across the board, entire generations of people have been lost to the "benefit class" who feel no need to work as the state will look after them and pay for their children. Mass immigration can be blamed for some of these issues, but i think huge swathes of the British population need to look at themselves as well, especially if we're to make "Brexit" work.

You're right in regards to the healthcare situation (something I can attest to myself as I work in primary care) and the situation you described is incredibly common place, up and down the country. It was always going to be this way as Britain offer such a generous benefits and health care system (in comparison to most EU countries).

You also have to look to the future and see the huge amounts of third world men who arrived in Europe recently. People who Germany are looking to shift onto other EU countries as soon as possible. Britain would have ended up taking a bulk of those, due to the size of the country and economy.

I don't hate the EU, but accepting too many countries in too soon for fear of "Russian expansionism" has ruined the project. The EU can only work if all European countries are equal, and that will never happen.

Back