International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

So its either no deal or a deal which basically means "Brexit" in name only. And even the Brexit in name only deal is not good enough for the EU.
And rightfully so I might add. The EU has just such a strong negotiations position.
But its a good practice for the UK. Because from now on they will have to negotiate without the EU behind them.

In the future, it would probably be good to vote on the biggest political event since WW2 after you know what is actually going to happen.
And not because you saw a message on a bus.

<{anton}>

British tabloids are losing their shit already, portraying Macron et al. as Mafiosi. Have-cake-and-eat-it mode is still active.

Brexit is going to be a major disaster for the UK, there is just no way around it.

The problem is what is going to happen in the UK. Google "Dolchstoßlegende". Do you think the ~50% who voted for Brexit will admit they fucked up? Do you think the politicians who brought this mess about will? Of course not. They will blame Europe for their misery. And this will give rise to radicals in the UK.

Last edited:
I regret voting for Brexit.

All I wanted was a country with national pride and culture, something that I could be proud of, like Americans are proud of America, like Thais are proud of Thailand. I wanted England to be a country that makes things and contributes trade to the world, to showcase electronics, to pioneer technologies.

Also yes, I didn’t want millions of migrants coming to this country, bringing their own cultures here and sexually abusing our women.

There is no way that I would have ever voted the remain vote though. The entire campaign was based on telling anybody with concerns that they were racist, ignorant and bigoted, and using celebrities to tell the little people what to do. Fear-mongering was also big on the agenda.

I wish that I never voted, and that I spent far more time as a youth getting the skills in order to emigrate away from this country.

Brexit in a nutshell : uninformed people who don't want foreigners coming to their country but want be able to emigrate to other countries ????

Like these entitled "expat" morons.

Brexit in a nutshell : uninformed people who don't want foreigners coming to their country but want be able to emigrate to other countries ????

Like these entitled "expat" morons.

Emigrate and integrate, to countries without shit religions.

Whatever.

There is no such thing as national pride in England.

I refuse to have anything to do with politics. I will vote on nothing.

We are all being played to our pathetic vices, by groups of rich cunts.

They do not care for us.

Fuck them.

I now focus only on money and escape.

Brexit is the epitome of why you should not dumb down extremely complex issue and have people vote for it.

Stupid campaign from both sides that led to this clown fiasco.

Yesh yeah, Eurocrats are cunts, but the Brits can't enjoy the benefits of EU membership while not being in the EU.

The funny thing abouy Brexit is that if you look at who voted for it, it is cities with lots of Muslim immigrants.

Well guess what? They are not leaving and Muslim identities are now mainstream in the UK, so I guess your local businesses will be ruined while Muslims will still be taking your jobs and UK culture.

Brexiteers have clearly not thought this true.

Brexit is the epitome of why you should not dumb down extremely complex issue and have people vote for it.

Yesh yeah, Eurocrats are cunts, but the Brits can't enjoy the benefits of EU membership while not being in the EU.

The funny thing abouy Brexit is that if you look at who voted for it, it is cities with lots of Muslim immigrants.

Well guess what? They are not leaving and Muslim identities are now mainstream in the UK, so I guess your local businesses will be ruined while Muslims will still be taking your jobs and UK culture.

The Brits are no longer amongst the sharpest tools in the shed.

Labour to vote against Brexit deal, open to second referendum
LIVERPOOL, England (Reuters) - Britain’s opposition Labour Party will vote against any deal Prime Minister Theresa May clinches with the European Union and is open to a second referendum with the option of staying in the bloc, Brexit spokesman Keir Starmer said on Tuesday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...-deal-open-to-second-referendum-idUSKCN1M42JY

It looks like UK politicians play there own little Brexit game: Who can undermine the UK negotiations position the most.
After May taking the lead early with calling the unnecessary new elections. And her refusal to understand that you cant choose stuff from the single market.
Labour not wanting to be beaten so easily comes up with a magnificent new tactic just 6 months before the Brexit Labour comes out and declares they are going to vote against any plan from May anyway.
Are the Tories going to strike back and remove May a few months before the Brexit?

Stayed tuned for a brand new episode of: Why there shouldn't be a direct democracy!!!

WTF are you talking about???

Cities such as London were overwhelmingly against Brexit and voted to stay in the EU.

Muslims were for remaining with EU by a wide margin compared to other religious groups.

http://www.brin.ac.uk/2017/how-reli...he-2016-referendum-on-britains-eu-membership/

Where da hell did you get your information from? The deep end of your ass?

If they stop Brexit can UK just not have the public vote on stuff anymore. just to get rid of the dog and pony show of freedom

If they stop Brexit can UK just not have the public vote on stuff anymore. just to get rid of the dog and pony show of freedom

Well referendums in the UK are not binding other than for example in Switzerland.
Basically, they are just a poll but there is no legal reason for politicians to follow them.
There is also the argument that the UK has a parliamentarian democracy.
Ironically part of the reason why they have that is so that situations like you have with the Brexit now, is not happening.

Well referendums in the UK are not binding other than for example in Switzerland.
Basically, they are just a poll but there is no legal reason for politicians to follow them.
There is also the argument that the UK has a parliamentarian democracy.
Ironically part of the reason why they have that is so that situations like you have with the Brexit now, is not happening.
if you quote my post and dont like my post i wont like your post.

Its the Gentlmans Creed.

the public voting for something doesnt have alot to do with freedom. even having this vote was extremely stupid in the first place.

Hopefully Brexit doesnt go away though. They wanted right wing stupidity, it should cost them everything.

the public voting for something doesnt have alot to do with freedom. even having this vote was extremely stupid in the first place.

Hopefully Brexit doesnt go away though. They wanted right wing stupidity, it should cost them everything.
Do i even need to say anything?

WTF are you talking about???

Cities such as London were overwhelmingly against Brexit and voted to stay in the EU.

Muslims were for remaining with EU by a wide margin compared to other religious groups.

http://www.brin.ac.uk/2017/how-reli...he-2016-referendum-on-britains-eu-membership/

Where da hell did you get your information from? The deep end of your ass?

My god, are you serious?

I say places with "lots of muslim immigrants" not "muslim immigrants".

Simply put,

Lots of immigrants -> I hate them they are stealing my jobs -> Let's vote for Brexit

Or if you want me to go full Brexit scholar the current consensus is that:

"Poor, uneducated people who rely on manufacturing industries are scared that muslim immigrants are going to steal their jobs, so they vote to leave the EU"

This is an analysis from scholars for general audience.

London is an exception for obvious reason, they are not representative of the UK just like NYC is not a representative of the US.

My god, are you serious?

I say places with "lots of muslim immigrants" not "muslim immigrants".

Simply put,

Lots of immigrants -> I hate them they are stealing my jobs -> Let's vote for Brexit

Or if you want me to go full Brexit scholar the current consensus is that:

"Poor, uneducated people who rely on manufacturing industries are scared that muslim immigrants are going to steal their jobs, so they vote to leave the EU"

This is an analysis from scholars for general audience.

London is an exception for obvious reason, they are not representative of the UK just like NYC is not a representative of the US.

The data may seen to show otherwise. There was one outlier (Boston which had a high % of no-UK born residents but the rest and lower levels of immigrants.) Granted I didn't parse this data down to cities that are specifically high with Muslim immigrants.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/datelin...how-areas-low-immigration-voted-mainly-brexit

Leave vote higher in areas with low immigration
The graph below shows the proportion of Leave votes for all local authorities in England and Wales (on the vertical axis) against the proportion of residents who stated that they had been born outside the UK in the 2011 census (on the horizontal axis). It shows that high proportions of Leave voters were overwhelmingly more likely to live in areas with very low levels of migration.

-----

I will admit that I misread your post so I do apologize for that...

There is no such thing as national pride in England.

I refuse to have anything to do with politics. I will vote on nothing.

We are all being played to our pathetic vices, by groups of rich cunts.

They do not care for us.

Fuck them.

I now focus only on money and escape.

Just pretend to be a Mexican and buy a ticket to California. We are a 'sanctuary' state and you can be an illegal citizen here forever. I'm not joking. You will never be evicted.

At least the weather is better here, and if you are here illegally you get free healthcare, free food and free money for housing. Come here and abuse us like the millions of others. At this point I don't care because I am trying to leave California.

Boris Johnson wants to push Brexit by half a year should he become PM.

<LikeReally5><[analyzed}><{anton}>

How stupid must people be to follow this man? Delaying Brexit would require a unnimous decision by ALL EU countries.

Oh my goodness, Brexit has become an unwieldy, undeliverable shitfest?

If only there were a large group of educated, informed citizens who could have possibly seen this coming!

@Wingslaught

Back