Brexit News & Discussion v6: EU Leaders Go to Battle Over Plugging Post-Brexit Budget Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure something like that would have taken that long in any country, plan or not. I mean even the the most basic new laws take ages until they are in place, let alone something like leaving the EU.

Plus the whole thing is Cameron's fault because he thought Brexit had no chance...

The reason why conservatives won election is mainly because they promised referendum. I think they still would be in power as labour was weak at the time and UKIP got nothing else on their agenda than getting UK out of EU

Yeah it's not like leaving the EU is an incredibly complex procedure with untold variables or anything.

I'm pretty sure something like that would have taken that long in any country, plan or not. I mean even the the most basic new laws take ages until they are in place, let alone something like leaving the EU.

Plus the whole thing is Cameron's fault because he thought Brexit had no chance...

It's the entire conservative parties fault for not showing the leadership required to call a general election immediately afterwards, saying that this is a decision that needs to be taken by the Commons and allowing the population to vote in a government with an actual mandate to leave the EU.

They are doing this only to both lose votes to UKIP, not because it is in the best interests of the people of the UK.

I just want to remind you guys that Juncker said shortly after referendum that is better to start the process now.

It was UK government dragging it to March next year.

So yea, blame EU again.

I am not sure it would be in the UK's long-term interest to walk away from a deal over 50 Billion (which might turn out to be 25-35).
The UK's politicians, of course, know that as well. But paying that will be difficult to sell to the voters.
Especially we all saw after the Brexit how much the UK public understood about the EU.

I guess a lot depends on the German election coming up. There is a real chance Merkel gets replaced by the Social Democrat candidate.
That is the one Farrage insulted. He is even more pro-Europe compared to Merkel.
I recommend to UK might have a word with Russia in regards to the SPD's server.

I fully expect U.K to pay a portion of this "divorce bill", probably the U.K-based projects in particular.

British voters will probably riot if they have to continue paying billions into the E.U officials' pension fund though.

yeah trigger it, then bring on IndyRef2 so we can be shot of you creepy little englanders

the letter has been delivered so you can officially stop crying.

so when you moving back from Japan to enjoy it?

I think given the positions currently in place, it is not worth even trying hard. May will not settle for a realistic proposal, the EU will not allow anything that could turn out to be a winning stance for the UK, and time is far from enough.

UK will technically be like a wealthy version of Tunisia.

The soviet union collapsed over night. If there is a will there is a way. If we really had to get independence right now, we could.

I just want to remind you guys that Juncker said shortly after referendum that is better to start the process now.

It was UK government dragging it to March next year.

So yea, blame EU again.

It was pro-EU British politicians dragging it into the new year, Leadsom wanted to exit right away, but Tory MPs voted Teresa May into power and not Leadsom.

I think given the positions currently in place, it is not worth even trying hard. May will not settle for a realistic proposal, the EU will not allow anything that could turn out to be a winning stance for the UK, and time is far from enough.

I hope Le Pen wins and France join us.

The best system for happiness and protection is that of the nation state. Fuck the EU.

yeah trigger it, then bring on IndyRef2 so we can be shot of you creepy little englanders

You had your referendum years ago. I actually supported Scottish independence, but you all bottled it.

Scotland makes me laugh. They voted to stay in the UK, and now they want to leave the UK and then join the EU.

What is it about Scottish people that they want to be ruled by other people??

The founding fathers and the Irish fought and TOOK their independence. They didn't give a fuck about the economy and all of these pragmatic bullshit, they wanted freedom.

The soviet union collapsed over night. If there is a will there is a way. If we really had to get independence right now, we could.
Don't know if you should take early 90s Russia as your example, hahaha. If anything, that was not a good time for many people.

You had your referendum years ago. I actually supported Scottish independence, but you all bottled it.

Scotland makes me laugh. They voted to stay in the UK, and now they want to leave the UK and then join the EU.

What is it about Scottish people that they want to be ruled by other people??
being in the EU doesnt mean you are ruled by other people..... being in the UK does

thats why we want to leave, and we are taking our resources with us, enjoy the shitty deal you guys get not being able to use them as leverage

being in the EU doesnt mean you are ruled by other people..... being in the UK does

thats why we want to leave, and we are taking our resources with us, enjoy the shitty deal you guys get not being able to use them as leverage

Look at the direction the EU is going in. Proposals for an EU treasury and an EU military .... lol, the creation of a super-state.

Look at the direction the EU is going in. Proposals for an EU treasury and an EU military .... lol, the creation of a super-state.
and look at the direction the UK is going in.... Id rather Scotland make its own decisions in the world instead of having to go along with whatever the little englanders want to do

so you guys can play isolationists all you want, we want a different future for our citizens

Yeah, our economy under the EU is "SOOOOOO GOOOD".

We can't even afford fucking missiles for out battleships.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nti-ship-missiles-and-be-left-only-with-guns/

and look at the direction the UK is going in.... Id rather Scotland make its own decisions in the world instead of having to go along with whatever the little englanders want to do

so you guys can play isolationists all you want, we want a different future for our citizens

Dude, I support Scottish independence. You are preaching the choir here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back