Brexit News & Discussion v6: EU Leaders Go to Battle Over Plugging Post-Brexit Budget Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure it would be in the UK's long-term interest to walk away from a deal over 50 Billion (which might turn out to be 25-35).
The UK's politicians, of course, know that as well. But paying that will be difficult to sell to the voters.
Especially we all saw after the Brexit how much the UK public understood about the EU.

I guess a lot depends on the German election coming up. There is a real chance Merkel gets replaced by the Social Democrat candidate.
That is the one Farrage insulted. He is even more pro-Europe compared to Merkel.
I recommend to UK might have a word with Russia in regards to the SPD's server.

Eventually, even if it's a fair bill, it's beside the point because ultimately nobody can force Britain to pay (technically the European Court of Justice can, but how do you enforce it?). But it shows something that Brexiteers are stubbornly ignoring:

You.
Cannot.
Have.
Your.
Cake.
And.
Eat.
It.

Brexit is possible, but it is not as easy as breaking up with your teenage sweetheart in high school. It's an ugly divorce after a long marriage, and before you can discuss what your future relationship will look like, you need to get the basics in order.

The people who brought up NATO in this thread proves a country can eat cake while laughing at those who pay for it.

Doesn't the EU have incentive to make Brexit harder rather than easier? After all, the British surely won't be the last to consider leaving.

Punishing members who are fed up with their "EUSSR" complaints falling on deaf ears and finally decided to leave is the shortsighted approach.

Address and solving the political shortcomings and keep members proud and happy for staying is the incentive Brussels should be focusing on.

Britain’s EU referendum calls into question march toward closer ties; resistance over ‘total integration’

The referendum, at a minimum, has delivered a shock to Europe’s political classes, calling into question what some had once regarded as an inevitable march toward a federal EU.

BN-OO443_0620eu_P_20160620172811.jpg

“Obsessed with the idea of instant and total integration, we failed to notice that ordinary people, the citizens of Europe, do not share our Euro-enthusiasm,” European Council President Donald Tusk observed in a speech in late May. “The specter of a breakup is haunting Europe, and a vision of a federation doesn’t seem to me like the best answer to it.”

Some see the U.K. referendum, no matter the outcome, as an opportunity to move toward a new EU treaty with a two-tier structure—core countries that are more integrated and peripheral counties that aren’t. Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who is seeking a return to office in next year’s presidential elections, advocates reinforcing the eurozone with a finance minister and a European monetary fund. At the same time, he wants to maintain a broader EU, at 28 nations, which focuses on a few areas such as research, energy and agriculture.

It's a shame that it actually takes Brexit for the E.U bureaucrats to wake up from their "ever-closer union" dream though. It never should have come to this, if they weren't being so adamant on sticking their heads in the sand.

Then again, most divorces happens after years of pretending that there's nothing broken to fix, isn't it?

Last edited:
He meant it in the context of "if Brexit fails, I will fuck off and you will never see me again". Not in the sense that he will abandon the ship. He was asked if he would apologize if Brexit turned out to be a disaster, and that would be his way of making an apology.

He meant it in the context of "if Brexit fails, I will fuck off and you will never see me again". Not in the sense that he will abandon the ship. He was asked if he would apologize if Brexit turned out to be a disaster, and that would be his way of making an apology.
thats not what he said, emigrating means moving abroad

Nicola Sturgeon's call for a second referendum on independence for Scotland has been formally backed by the Scottish Parliament.

MSPs voted by 69 to 59 in favour of seeking permission for a referendum before the UK leaves the EU.

Ms Sturgeon says the move is needed to allow Scotland to decide what path to follow in the wake of the Brexit vote.

But the UK government has already said it will block a referendum until after the Brexit process has been completed.

Prime Minister Theresa May, who met Ms Sturgeon for talks in Glasgow on Monday, has repeatedly insisted that "now is not the time" for a referendum.

http://bbc.in/2nrmknD

I don't understand why Brexit supporters are wanting to block the Scottish from exiting the U.K.?

farange needs to die in a fire
at trumps house

Your fault for letting the EU rape you to begin with, not his for trying to save you in time

That's aside from the fact that you're intentionally twisting what he said -- he's saying he would leave in shame if it failed

Nicola Sturgeon's call for a second referendum on independence for Scotland has been formally backed by the Scottish Parliament.

MSPs voted by 69 to 59 in favour of seeking permission for a referendum before the UK leaves the EU.

Ms Sturgeon says the move is needed to allow Scotland to decide what path to follow in the wake of the Brexit vote.

But the UK government has already said it will block a referendum until after the Brexit process has been completed.

Prime Minister Theresa May, who met Ms Sturgeon for talks in Glasgow on Monday, has repeatedly insisted that "now is not the time" for a referendum.

http://bbc.in/2nrmknD

I don't understand why Brexit supporters are wanting to block the Scottish from exiting the U.K.?
https://www.rt.com/uk/382473-scotland-independence-referendum-oil/

take a guess

He just saw the light while in the presence of the golden god.

Uk is a falling shit hole, Murica can be made great again. Just learn from the islands fuck ups and avoid their mistakes.

Farage will be remembered as a true prophet of the great one, kinda like MOhhamed but with out all the rape and pedophilia and with out the fairy tales.

Last edited:
We voted in July last year. I was looking forward to March 29th, as this was the day that Teresa May would officially sign Brexit into Law ... Only to find that this letter will be sent to the EU and arrive next Wednesday ... LOL ><

I bet it gets lost in the mail on the way.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39422353

Just trigger dat shit already. The remain camp have deliberately tried to derail the Brexit vote after the vote, they are supposed to be "pro-democratic", their hypocrisy makes me sick.

I like Teresa May to an extent, that she has kept the Brexit promise and has followed through with it. But, she is too weak for me. Her post terroist speech was f**king weaksauce and the Brexit bill being delayed for as long as humanly possible ... I'm voting further right next election, for sure.

It's almost as if they had no real plan for brexit and a decision of that constitutional importance should never have been put to a 50%+1 vote.

You will be all out little englanders. Stop crying.

Britain thinks they gonna jump plane with EU parachute. I hope they get fuck all for all hostility and bend over towards £50 bil bill.

It's almost as if they had no real plan for brexit and a decision of that constitutional importance should never have been put to a 50%+1 vote.

I'm pretty sure something like that would have taken that long in any country, plan or not. I mean even the the most basic new laws take ages until they are in place, let alone something like leaving the EU.

Plus the whole thing is Cameron's fault because he thought Brexit had no chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back