Brexit News & Discussion v6: EU Leaders Go to Battle Over Plugging Post-Brexit Budget Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret voting for Brexit.

I am furious about the media, cunt celebrities and EU politicians bullying, shaming and fear-mongering us.

I would have never voted Remain, out of spite.

I wish that I never voted at all.

I wish that I did more in my life to ensure that I could leave this shit, backstabbing country and never look back.

I am furious about the media, cunt celebrities and EU politicians bullying, shaming and fear-mongering us.

I wish that I did more in my life to ensure that I could leave this shit, backstabbing country and never look back.

Jog on then mate .

So I guess they have agreed to some "deal".
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42277040
From the article:
What has been agreed?
  • Guarantee that there will be "no hard border" between Northern Ireland and the Republic and that the "constitutional and economic integrity of the United Kingdom" will be maintained.
  • EU citizens living in the UK and vice versa will have their rights to live, work and study protected. The agreement includes reunification rights for relatives who do not live in the UK to join them in their host country in the future
  • Financial settlement - No specific figure is in the document but Downing Street says it will be between £35bn and £39bn, including budget contributions during a two-year "transition" period after March 2019
IMO they basically weren't able to solve the Irland border issue. So they will revisit it later.
I guess the UK will stay more or less in the EU just without any voting rights.
Might as well cancel the whole thing. They should realize it makes no sense leaving now under those above-agreed terms.

Few things.

Perhaps they were fear mongering you leave voters would regret leaving? Seems they were right.

Maybe don't choose how to vote out of spite next time. Maybe think about the implications of each choice.

Few things.

Perhaps they were fear mongering you leave voters would regret leaving? Seems they were right.

Maybe don't choose how to vote out of spite next time. Maybe think about the implications of each choice.

Yes, because having people tell you repeatedly that you are idiotic and racist “Little Englander”, and that we will be punished for leaving the EU is such a great campaign strategy, as opposed to having somebody tell you that the UK can be better, stronger and more prideful outside of the EU.

I voted Leave because of two reasons. I didn’t want events like Cologne happening to our women and I wanted a UK that focused more on its own people and it’s trades. Call it racism if you want, but I don’t want our women and children to be exposed to rapists and sexual abusers from shitholes like Eritrea, because Germany wanted to let them in with welcome arms and give them all passports, and free roam to come here.

I didn’t trust the EU to have our best interests at heart at all, as evidenced by Germany’s reaction to the migrant crisis. I still don’t.

I don’t regret leaving. I regret voting at all. I know some people who came from countries like Poland and Portugal who are frightened about Brexit. I voted to make their life a little harder, but I consider the security of the British women and children, as well as our culture to be more important. Now that I see that both options lead to us being fucked, I’ve lost all faith.

Yes, because having people tell you repeatedly that you are idiotic and racist “Little Englander”, and that we will be punished for leaving the EU is such a great campaign strategy, as opposed to having somebody tell you that the UK can be better, stronger and more prideful outside of the EU.

I voted Leave because of two reasons. I didn’t want events like Cologne happening to our women and I wanted a UK that focused more on its own people and it’s trades. Call it racism if you want, but I don’t want our women and children to be exposed to rapists and sexual abusers from shitholes like Eritrea, because Germany wanted to let them in with welcome arms and give them all passports, and free roam to come here.

I didn’t trust the EU to have our best interests at heart at all, as evidenced by Germany’s reaction to the migrant crisis. I still don’t.

I don’t regret leaving. I regret voting at all. I know some people who came from countries like Poland and Portugal who are frightened about Brexit. I voted to make their life a little harder, but I consider the security of the British women and children, as well as our culture to be more important. Now that I see that both options lead to us being fucked, I’ve lost all faith.

We're not in Schengen. I suspect you don't know what that is without looking it up, which is exactly the reason the brexit referendum was a bad idea.

So I guess they have agreed to some "deal".
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42277040
From the article:
What has been agreed?
  • Guarantee that there will be "no hard border" between Northern Ireland and the Republic and that the "constitutional and economic integrity of the United Kingdom" will be maintained.
  • EU citizens living in the UK and vice versa will have their rights to live, work and study protected. The agreement includes reunification rights for relatives who do not live in the UK to join them in their host country in the future
  • Financial settlement - No specific figure is in the document but Downing Street says it will be between £35bn and £39bn, including budget contributions during a two-year "transition" period after March 2019
IMO they basically weren't able to solve the Irland border issue. So they will revisit it later.
I guess the UK will stay more or less in the EU just without any voting rights.
Might as well cancel the whole thing. They should realize it makes no sense leaving now under those above-agreed terms.

I could be wrong but if there was an intention to cancel the whole thing i.e. revoke article 50, the 27 member states would have to agree to it being revoked. Hard to imagine they would have any reason to do that now. That would allow us to revert back to the status quo, when now we are headed for inferior terms, which they'll likely be content with. So no motivation for that to be agreed IMO.

We're not in Schengen. I suspect you don't know what that is without looking it up, which is exactly the reason the brexit referendum was a bad idea.

I knew that we weren’t, but it didn’t seem to matter. I assumed that these migrants would be shoved at our door by the EU en masse.

I didn’t look too closely at EU law. I looked at our government, the governments of countries in the EU, the people around me and the news articles.

Simply put, insults V defiance and optimism.

Looking at the LBC news forum on Facebook, it is baffling how many of our own seem to want the UK to fail.

Doesn’t matter now anyway.

As I said, even before this, I regretted using my vote on this issue. It’s not like anybody out there gives a damn about my problems and I lost sight of my dream because I was too busy getting passionate about things that didn’t matter to me, that I could not control.

There is no reason to be proud to be British. Being British is to have no identity, just to scrape on by as a bland work-horse until you get a measly pension. NHS is on the downswing, everything is more expensive, the idea of buying a house is laughable, social rules have become stricter whilst civilians have become ruder, more aggressive and crueler, and we betray our own.

I could be wrong but if there was an intention to cancel the whole thing i.e. revoke article 50, the 27 member states would have to agree to it being revoked. Hard to imagine they would have any reason to do that now. That would allow us to revert back to the status quo, when now we are headed for inferior terms, which they'll likely be content with. So no motivation for that to be agreed IMO.

I think the EU would cancel the whole article 50 immediately. The UK leaving is bad for the EU. Its just overshadowed by how bad it will be for the UK.
But if the UK would say we made a mistake it becomes clear being outside the EU is not feasible anymore in 2017.
That would be the best outcome for everyone involved.

I knew that we weren’t, but it didn’t seem to matter. I assumed that these migrants would be shoved at our door by the EU en masse.

I didn’t look too closely at EU law. I looked at our government, the governments of countries in the EU, the people around me and the news articles.

Simply put, insults V defiance and optimism.

Looking at the LBC news forum on Facebook, it is baffling how many of our own seem to want the UK to fail.

Doesn’t matter now anyway.

As I said, even before this, I regretted using my vote on this issue. It’s not like anybody out there gives a damn about my problems and I lost sight of my dream because I was too busy getting passionate about things that didn’t matter to me, that I could not control.

There is no reason to be proud to be British. Being British is to have no identity, just to scrape on by as a bland work-horse until you get a measly pension. NHS is on the downswing, everything is more expensive, the idea of buying a house is laughable, social rules have become stricter whilst civilians have become ruder, more aggressive and crueler, and we betray our own.

Regardless if there are or are not ever perfect choices, there are better choices and worse choices. Admitting you could have made better choices in the past is part of being an adult.

Regardless if there are or are not ever perfect choices, there are better choices and worse choices. Admitting you could have made better choices in the past is part of being an adult.

I did.

I said that I voted Brexit, but I shouldn’t have voted at all.

I would have never voted Remain.

if you vote out of spite and didnt know what you were exactly voting for, then its down to you to take whats coming

I could be wrong but if there was an intention to cancel the whole thing i.e. revoke article 50...

That ship had sailed so many months ago, and all pointless talks about that from Tony Blair, et al, is just going to distract from the critical task at hand: post-Brexit trade deal negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back