Brennan Ward Injured, Fight With Rickles Off Bellator 185

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/bellat...-torres?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Friday’s Bellator 185 main card has undergone some major changes.

Officials today told MMAjunkie that an undisclosed injury has forced Brennan Ward (14-6 MMA, 9-6 BMMA) out of the night’s scheduled co-headliner, and as a result, welterweight opponent David Rickels (18-4 MMA, 12-4 BMMA) has also been pulled from the card.

Additionally, Javier Torres (10-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has also suffered an injury, and welterweight Zak Bucia (18-8 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has stepped in as a replacement to fight Neiman Gracie (6-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) in the new co-main event.

Bellator 185 takes place Friday at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., and the main card airs on Spike following prelims on MMAjunkie.

With the loss of Ward vs. Rickels, a fight between lightweights Ryan Quinn (13-7-1 MMA, 7-1 BMMA) and Marcus Surin (4-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has been promoted to the five-fight main card.

The latest Bellator 185 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Spike, 9 p.m. ET)

• Gegard Mousasi vs. Alexander Shlemenko
  • Zak Bucia vs. Neiman Gracie
  • Heather Hardy vs. Kristina Williams
  • Lisa Blaine vs. Ana Julaton
  • Ryan Quinn vs. Marcus Surin
PRELIMINARY CARD (7 p.m. ET)

• Joaquin Buckley vs. Vinicius de Jesus
  • Steve Skrzat vs. Costello Van Steenis
  • Alec Hooben vs. Jordan Young
  • Kevin Carrier vs. Kastriot Xhema
  • Vovka Clay vs. Frank Sforza
  • John Beneduce vs. Dean Hancock

This card is just a main event now.

I'll DVR it like most Bellator events.

I don't expect the card to do much for ratings even with Mous. on it. I really believe Bellator will see his pay isn't going to justify the ratings he pulls and he is more or less the only draw on this card so it will be a very good indication of his drawing power by himself. When the dust settles we may have another debate about how just throwing a named high dollar fighter out there isn't going to make blow joe fan care.

<mma1>
I'll still watch this card
war Moose!

Sucks for bellator. I'll still watch moose though dispatch Shlemenko with hilarious ease.

Card got hit hard. Interested to see Hardy. And Bucia isn't the worst possible late notice dude for Gracie.

But pretty much just a main event.

SHIT! Both Ward and McGreay off this card now?? Was stoked to see Ward throw down this weekend.

Yeesh, this card has been ravaged. I'll still watch for Mousasi/Shlemenko, but boy did it take a hit. I was actually considering watching this card instead of LFA live, but nope, LFA will win again.

Two WWs are injured, instead of making a fight with the remaining two WWs who have been preparing for this card, they find some can to feed one of the remaining WWs and pull the other guy from the card, giving us a squash match as co main event and a journeyman fight as the main card filler

Only in Bellator

(Inb4 bu bu but Neiman Gracie is not prepared for a LW inconsistent Rickels)

Well than.....That fucking sucks...However I am pretty excited Zak Bucia is getting in there to fight. The guy KO'd Pele Landi and is on a 3 fight win streak with a win over Bobby Voelker ....That's a good signing for Bellator I've been wanting too see him in Bellator for a while now.

Back