Brendan Schaub LOST all credibility with me

Prime roided Tim Sylvia was a fucking beast and deserves credit no cred lost in my eyes. Prime Tim could win.

ufc3907_07.jpg

^^ That's still a scary man IMO.

Lol
Dude

Don't be coming here in posting pictures from 2006...
Half these fuckers we're still in junior school, they came for Conor
They don't remember this motherfucker that was ending people,
They don't remember the JOY when Randy finally knocked him off his perch

I admit I enjoyed his MMA breakdowns for a while and I gave him some credibility being he is a tad entertaining with having had quite a few successful fight predictions... BUT after hearing him say that a PRIME TIM SYLVIA would beat Francis Ngannou today changed that. He lost 100% credibility to me.

Does anyone agree that a Prime Tim Sylvia would have a chance ? Not me
If having a different opinion means no credibility then the only one you should trust is you and your dark place in your head sometimes

I admit I enjoyed his MMA breakdowns for a while and I gave him some credibility being he is a tad entertaining with having had quite a few successful fight predictions... BUT after hearing him say that a PRIME TIM SYLVIA would beat Francis Ngannou today changed that. He lost 100% credibility to me.

Very Awkward style that was hard to deal with. Maybe

I’d give Tim a chance, we don’t know about Francis’s gas tank. He’s got scary power sure, but what happens when he doesn’t just KO his opponent? He hasn’t been past 2 mins in the UFC and maybe he never will need to go 3-5 rounds. But If he couldn’t KO Tim, id like Tim’s chances to pick at him from range over the course of the fight.

I figured we see Reem fight at a distance, smart and cautious like his JDS approach. It was a let down, either horrid game plan or just let down performance if you ask me but I’m just a joe

Edit : Schaub is bum ass

I'm amused by the idea that Schaub had some credibility to lose.

does he actually talk mma on the BBB? when he talks aboit his comedy career for 30 mins at the start of each show i end up switching it off..

the last shred of hespect i had for him died with his shamless cash grab in the conor v mayweather sweep stakes.

bryan callen is the only reason i keep listening to fighter and the kid and even thats tough because schaub pretty much shits on him the whole time.

Did he ACTUALLY say that!?!?!?!?!?!?

I’d give Tim a chance, we don’t know about Francis’s gas tank. He’s got scary power sure, but what happens when he doesn’t just KO his opponent? He hasn’t been past 2 mins in the UFC and maybe he never will need to go 3-5 rounds. But If he couldn’t KO Tim, id like Tim’s chances to pick at him from range over the course of the fight.

I figured we see Reem fight at a distance, smart and cautious like his JDS approach. It was a let down, either horrid game plan or just let down performance if you ask me but I’m just a joe

Edit : Schaub is bum ass

Sylvia did I would say use his reach more effectively than Reem does when it comes to boxing, not just jabs but powerful straights and uppercuts.

I'd favour Ngannou here as Tim definitely had a weakness to opponents who could get in his face early before he found his range but I think he'd have more chance than Reem and latter day Arlovski.

+ tall and pretty good at using reach, pretty good jab, good right hand, fairly good TDD, good cardio for a HW

- slow (also slow to react), chinny, poor defense

= matches up poorly with strikers with speed & pop. matches up well with grapplers who lack striking

I admit I enjoyed his MMA breakdowns for a while

Seriously?
giphy.gif

Honest question - what did you enjoy about them? He's a clueless buffoon that spouts out random accusations and assumptions he can't prove.

Meh, it's the HW divison tho so Tim could definitly beat Ngannou

Give the guy a break. You try getting visciously koed multiple times and see how well you think critically.

Yeah I don’t think you know what “prime” is. You use it as an excuse for when fighters you like lose.
I’m not even really a Sílvia fan, but you’re being ridiculous. Fighters age. Some age better than others. It’s not an excuse it’s an objective fact.

sure he could, prime sylvia would be tough for anyone, that distance was hard to close, and he was just so massive and strong.

I’m not even really a Sílvia fan, but you’re being ridiculous. Fighters age. Some age better than others. It’s not an excuse it’s an objective fact.
He was 32 when he fought Mercer who was 50. In no way can you claim Sylvia was old or passed his prime when you have to look at who he was facing.

tim was a fucking beast back in the day and in his prime he would still be a top 5 guy today

I forgot which youtube analyst but I had a bunch of videos playing in a row. Shaub word for word stole one of their analysis which is kinda shitty.

Back