Brendan Schaub knocked out Cro Cop

Sherdog talks like Schaub was horrible bc it's "in" to hate on Schaub but for example..

Schaub is better than Anthony Hamilton, Todd Duffee, Cyril Asker, etc.

Competitive with Arlovski, Tybura, Albini, Struve, Lewis, Mir, etc.

Loses to Stipe, Ngannou(?), Cain, Werdum, Volkov, etc.

Was a decent HW who landed a big punch on an aging fighter that was giving him the business leading up to that KO.

Sherdog talks like Schaub was horrible bc it's "in" to hate on Schaub but for example..

Schaub is better than Anthony Hamilton, Todd Duffee, Cyril Asker, etc.

Competitive with Arlovski, Tybura, Albini, Struve, Lewis, Mir, etc.

Loses to Stipe, Ngannou(?), Cain, Werdum, Volkov, etc.

Was a decent HW who landed a big punch on an aging fighter that was giving him the business leading up to that KO.

Pretty much and I think a lot of Crocop's recent success has been due to fighting grapplers, put him in with a powerful puncher and I suspect the lack of mobility in defence will be revealed again.

Schaub is severely underrated on here.

If he was fighting today he'd still be a middle of the pack HW.

Never champion though.

Very weird period for Crocop. Haven't seen that fight since forever but from what I remember, it was one of those fights in the UFC where Crocop was fighting "scared".

He was terrified of getting hit, and wasn't attacking (or defending) the way he should have. I saw the KO coming.

Now that Crocop is back on the Kangaroo Meat Replacement he would merk ol' Schaub like he stole something.

This still bothers me to this day

x6iwyq.gif

How was this possible?
Dunno if Schaube timed that punch perfectly and that it was a part of camp or if its pure luck.

Pretty much and I think a lot of Crocop's recent success has been due to fighting grapplers, put him in with a powerful puncher and I suspect the lack of mobility in defence will be revealed again.
Put them in the ring where they can`t defend by movement and are forced to defend with blocks and will find themselves in the corners, and you will see Cro Cop from Pride days destroying people.

Put them in the ring where they can`t defend by movement and are forced to defend with blocks and will find themselves in the corners, and you will see Cro Cop from Pride days destroying people.

To some degree perhaps but again I think the big issue is Mirko always depended heavily on agility/reactions for his own defence and by the time of this fight they clearly weren't anything like his K1/Pride level anymore.

Schaub layed his over rated ass out. lol Straight smashed him. Crocop’s doing well though now that there’s no (legit) drug testing when he fights and he’s fighting mainly bums.

Cro cop UFC record is terrible, 3 wins vs total cans in Perosh, Eddie Sanchez and Al turk lost to every decent fighter he fought with the exception of Pat Barry and he was getting handled in that fight until Barry broke his hand or whatever the hell made him stop fighting.

Lay off Mirko...

NO MAN can absord prime Fedors bombs for 20 minutes and come away healthy.

Fedor didn't finish Mirkos body but he finished his soul.

Back