Brendan Schaub explains backstage blowout with Nate Diaz at Mayweather vs McGregor fight

Google his tour dates in Australia, idk. I heard him and Callen talk about on their podcast. He had to add more shows because they sold out so fast.
Ok.. He played 3 venues in Australia, the biggest seems to be the metro theater in Sydney where he sold out a show and they booked a second night. It maxes at 300-550 people depending on layout. Tickets were in the 60$ range.
I cannot make sense of his popularity.

It seems Schaub did disrespect (and is lying?) Nate:
@ :14 Diaz: "It's all good though. It's just your lack of knowledge though."
@ :18 Schaub: "He tee'd off on you."
@ :26 Schaub: "I think you're wrong"
@ :28 Diaz: "F*ck you."

Diaz seemed to be semi-cordial (for himself) until Schaub's insult @ :18.

In the following video, Schaub to Rogan @ 2:34:
Brendan Schaub said:
This is what triggered him. I’m like Nate use your words. I can’t understand what you’re saying use your words. And, he has that lisp or whatever. That probably set him off.

(However, in the above video, it appears Schaub's remark at :18, "He tee'd off on you" "is what triggered him." @ :28, Diaz, "F*ck you.")

Edit: Additional footage appears to support the "He tee'd off on you." comment.

@ :32 Schaub, ". . . f*ckin' a** beat."
@ :33 Diaz, "Remember your carreer? P*ssy."

(Maybe, Diaz made a quick comeback joke, implying Schaub got his "f*ckin' a** beat" in his career, too.)

Last edited:
Already posted.

Nate just being a bitter bitch... Brendan has nothing to gain trying to argue you with some who wants to fight for free in public! Brendan has a career outside fighting Nate has fuck all outside it
I'd say you sound like the bitch

@ :14 Diaz: It's all good though. It's just your lack of knowledge though.
@ :27 Schaub: "I think you're wrong"

(However, in the above video, it appears Schaub's remark at :18, "He tee'd off on you" "is what triggered him." @ :28, Diaz, "F*ck you.")

Yeah, he's adding all kinds of shit into that part of the exchange. He stretched a 60 second conversation into 4 minutes of bullshit.

Ok.. He played 3 venues in Australia, the biggest seems to be the metro theater in Sydney where he sold out a show and they booked a second night. It maxes at 300-550 people depending on layout. Tickets were in the 60$ range.
I cannot make sense of his popularity.

I can't either but I'm not gonna deny it.

@ :14 Diaz: "It's all good though. It's just your lack of knowledge though."
@ :26 Schaub: "I think you're wrong"

Maybe Brendan is lying or has brain damage or the video was tampered with (doubtful anyone [Nate or people in his camp] has a vested interest enough in this to tamper with the video).

There's another video with subtitles LOL

Fuckin schaub such a liar with his "use your words," bullshit. And Brendan Shcaub was too stupid to process what Nate was saying. "Lack of knowledge" was being nice.

Fuckin schaub such a liar with his "use your words," bullshit. And Brendan Shcaub was too stupid to process what Nate was saying. "Lack of knowledge" was being nice.

For the record, I don't dislike Brendan, he seems like a nice enough guy (most of the time) but I'll never believe anything he says anymore. He Chael'd me for life.

Brendan says "yea but I didn't see you(inaudible), he tee'd off on you."

Nate was having more like a friendly gesture, avoiding eye contact during the first part of it until Brendan says something below the belt. If you watch during the conversation, mates kinda looking around and Brendan's like staring him down the whole time with a bully mentality until nate realizes this dude is trying to one up him big time. It is what it is.

Brendan says "yea but I didn't see you(inaudible), he tee'd off on you."

Nate was having more like a friendly gesture, avoiding eye contact during the first part of it until Brendan says something below the belt. If you watch during the conversation, mates kinda looking around and Brendan's like staring him down the whole time with a bully mentality until nate realizes this dude is trying to one up him big time. It is what it is.

Brendan totally tried to "alpha" him. Nate had enough and big boy retreated. There were no Showtime suits trying to pull him away, so that was another fib on Brendan's part.

Remember when Karo Parysian tried to alpha Nate? Anyone that knows anything about Nate Diaz knows you can't try him like that. Of course the guy is gonna react.

After Nate says "It's all good though. It's just your lack of knowledge though." To me it sounds like Schaub says "That's fine, I can't teach you anything, bro. He T'eed of on you".

Am I the only one hearing that?

Yeah, this looks goofy. Schaub is correct here. Nate should celebrate Conor and let people know that he already whooped Conor's ass faster than Floyd did.

Knowing Brendan he probably exaggerated some parts of it

Either way, it's still the money fight.

He is not nearly as well off as he acts like he is. His "sold out" shows are 200-300 seats. His "millions of downloads" are only when he adds in the 3 shows a week (12 shows a month). My gues is he leases 90% of his fancy cars. He is doing alright but he is nowhere near Los Angeles rich. Nate made 500k and 1M disclosed for the Conor matches with estimates as high as 13M with PPV points.
For a guy that has been doing stand up for less than a year, traveling the way he is doing multiple shows a night in sold out rooms that hold 400-600 people is actually pretty impressive. Guys like Tom Segura are doing places now that hold 800-1100 and he's been doing stand up for over a decade.

That said - do you think celebrities are buying 300k cars? You think Conor is buying any of the cars we see him cruising around in? Listen to any celebrity talk about do's and donts. The first thing they say is "never buy a car. Lease it. Rent it. Unless you have Rogan money, buying high end sports cars is just irresponsible. They lose value the more you drive it, they cost a shit ton to maintain...

Schaub looks like a huge douche in this whole thing - but he does deserve some credit for the success he's having after fighting.

Nah I'll sum it up better.

He wanted to small talk with Nate and got sized up quick.

Nate called him out. Schaub was butt hurt and threw out the insult.

Nate calls him a bitch after Schaub creates distance cuz things get heated. He walks out in his skinny jeans taking a night to think of how to save face.
perfect

schaub acting like a bitch, lying and deceiving.
trying to manipulate public opinion against nate.

nate was right all along. schaub is a bitch.

Additional footage appears to support the "He tee'd off on you." comment.

@ :32 Schaub, ". . . f*ckin' a** beat."
@ :33 Diaz, "Remember your carreer? P*ssy."

(Maybe, Diaz made a quick comeback joke, implying Schaub got his "f*ckin' a** beat" in his career, too.)

Last edited:
Maybe Brendan is lying or has brain damage or the video was tampered with (doubtful anyone [Nate or people in his camp] has a vested interest enough in this to tamper with the video).
he probably didn't realize there was a version where you can actually hear what they are saying. The first video that circulated, the only thing i could make out was Diaz tell him "fuck you" and I think you are a pussy.

Back