Brendan Schaub discusses Li Jiangling's eyegouging

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Schaub believes that despite Li's eyegouge being blatantly unacceptable, it is part of a sport for a fighter to do a desperation move to at least prevent himself from a sure loss - when the only repercussion is a 1-point penalty.

- Schaub calls Li Jingliang "Jing-a-Ling"

- "I don't believe in eye gouging, but you can grab some balls or do whatever you wanna do."

- Believes that being a cut from the UFC after a loss played into Li's motivation

- Throws condescending words to Bryan AGAIN: "you've never been in there"

shit like that should be an automatic DQ and suspension

Bigger problem is, NO ref EVER takes a point away for this shit.

Roidhead Jones literally finger-banged orbs clean outta da sockets, and no one ever penalized him for it. Gus too.

One of THE worst fouls that never gets enforced.

Last edited:
I’ll never be able to call him by his actual name again.

He is now officially Jing-a-ling.

Surprised he didn't say he didn't get DQ'ed because he helped the ppv check all the boxes

Bigger problem is, NO ref EVER takes a point away for this shit.

Roidhead Jones literally finger-banged orbs clean outta da sockets, and no one ever penalized him for it.

One of THE worst fouls that never gets enforced.

This. Faber had some bad ones as well in his last few fights.

But with Jones, it wasn't a desperation tactic. It was part of his strategy from the beginning. He probably trained in camp.

The screencap is too suspect for me to click on. Looks like some sort of pride propaganda piece.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. Blame UFC for not taking a harder stance on this stuff, the way it is now everyone gets at least one free eye poke or nutshot and will never get more than a warning. They need to use instant replay to determine if something was intentional, and if so take a point even if the ref missed it during the round.

I wonder if he'll say that to Rogan next time Joe compares winning a Boston TKD tournament 30 years ago to Schaub beating Cro Cop.
He should just challenge Joe to fight every time he starts getting lippy. I bet Joe would start being a lot more polite to him.

When did Leech got cut? Wtf?
And Schaub is wrong as always, it's totally wrong, desperation act or not.

Back