BREAKING: Whittaker out of 221, Rockhold/Romero for the interim title

Who wins?

• Luke Rockhold

• Yoel Romero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great. I go to the shops for 20 minutes and this happens.

This is a good fight too. It's like what shoulda happened after Rockhold lost belt IMO instead of branch.

LOL Perth crowd getting screwed. Romero is a good replacement but the Aussie crowd was actually looking forward to Whitteaker becoming the official champ.

Don't feel bad about missing out on tickets now.

110 & 127 were better.

I think Romero is overrated. Rockhold should take this dominantly.

Sad Whittaker pulled out. Can't complain about the replacement. Money is on romero

Is it possible to get a refund from ticketek?

I can see Yoel landing something unconventional like a spinning back fist or a flying knee. But aside from that I cant see him doing much in this fight
If he embraces the fact hell likely start to slow down, and just go all out from start, til when he cant... that might be too much for Luke, (or anyone) to withstand.

Thank you! I've been saying that for years. I absolutely hate when Jones does that.
It really does fuck knees up. Sure there aren't a lot of examples, only I can think of are Rampage and Robert... But there are so many fucking injuries, I'm sure some stem from that kick either in practice or competition.

For those saying "just ban all leg kicks!" Well the knee is a funny place, once damaged it may never be the same again. Bones grow back stronger

Yay! Yoel will finally get that strap.
q4UEH1V.gif

Then Romero va bisping after bisping retirement fight for the belt !!!!!!!!!!!

Rockhold can't be too happy about this, Whittaker has to be a better matchup for him, no? although now there's such a height differntial that Yoel might not even be able to reach his head with those knees.

Seems like everyone who gets a belt these days gets injured or gets surgery.

I'd rather have Rockhold vs. Weidman 2, so Whittaker gets a fresh fight instead of potentially fighting Yoel twice in a year.

Jesus fucking Christ training methods have got to be refined, it seems like it's almost impossible to promote a fight and have it intact on fight night.

I am a bit more likely to order the PPV to watch Luke vs Yoel.

Is it possible to get a refund from ticketek?

Yep, they are offering full refunds from their statement on Facebook.

Pretty shattered about this for Rob, hope he gets back and gets his shot, he's been on a tear and a half.

I'm also glad I didn't get flights and accom like I had planned for this one. Would have been epic but this is always a risk, I flew to Vegas knowing that Weidman v Silva 2 could have had an injury.

Back