Breaking UFC 216 Re-named as UFC 215 Takes Place Sept 9 No PPV in August

LOL, it's not.

I'm sure that Mayweather/McGregor put that in the negotiations, that all eyes will be on them.

Hopefully they can put together a high level card for Edmonton, but I don't have my hopes up.

New matchups have been nearly non-existent over the past couple of weeks since the boxing match was being finalized, so lots of high profile pairings out there to be made/announced.
I hope so too cause I'm going buy tickets for the event no mafter what.

Good news. Means we won't have a watered down PPV where you are forced to pay or spend a saturday night around a card you are mostly interested in only 1 fight.

Why are you all complaining we have an excellent card in august headlined by moreno and sergio petttis. Be grateful the ufc has put on such a main event before the mcgregor bout.
Flyweight Sergio Pettis vs. Brandon Moreno
Bantamweight José Alberto Quiñonez vs. Diego Rivas
Flyweight Dustin Ortiz vs. Hector Sandoval
Middleweight Sam Alvey vs. Rashad Evans
Lightweight Alvaro Herrera vs. Jordan Rinaldi
Middleweight Brad Scott vs. Jack Hermansson
As a fan I couldnt ask for much more

Tried not to but couldnt help but to laugh at José Alberto Quiñonez

lol @ blaming a fighter for a cancelled PPV and not the promoter that couldn't put together a card worthy of people paying for.

This.

There are 11 championships (10 if you exclude the 2 person 145 women's division).

There should be at least 22 title fights and 22 #1 contender/eliminator fights each year.

Each PPV card should have at least one champion and two fights with a top 5 fighter on the card.

Back in the day when there was only under 25 events per year PPVs didn't get cancelled cause the co-main was good enough or they could get a champ to step in.

UFC 98 was originally Mir/Lesnar II then when Mir got injured that fight moved to UFC 100 with Rashad electing to defend his belt against Rampage (if healthy after UFC 96) or Machida.

When Serra went out vs Hughes, GSP stepped in and fought for the interim title.

Now they don't book contenders close to champions so when a champ/contender goes out we don't have a replacement and the cards are spread so thin that they can't even find a replacement fight.

This is 100% on the UFC and not on Mighty Mouse.

Surprised they aren't putting a card together for aug 25 on fs1. Good opportunity to fill an arena with Vegas being packed that wkend

Well, this year is looking like quite the bust for MMA.

2017 sucks for mma seriously

Atleast Conor vs floyd is in august

So is TJ Dillshaw still transition to 125 instead of preparing for Cody?

Was really hoping he would take the Dillashaw fight. Tired of seeing him run over so called contenders at 125.

Lame...guess I will wait another 6 years for the UFC to come back to Seattle

So...

Fight Night 114 Mexico City on August 5th then zero events until Fight Night 115 Rotterdam on September 2nd.

Turrible.

<1>
Well in case you didn't know they're putting on this freakshow glorifed sparring session in late August - catering to morons, fanboys and all other clueless idiots.

So...

Fight Night 114 Mexico City on August 5th then zero events until Fight Night 115 Rotterdam on September 2nd.

Turrible.

<1>
I hate when we have a whole month without mma. On the other side, we have canelo vs ggg and all the maymac pressers around that time so i'll let it pass.

the only thing they are focused on for august is putting all their effort into the Conor vs Floyd circus fight

Well, this year is looking like quite the bust for MMA.
This is what MMA is without stars. MMA is not nearly as profitable without stars. This is why I agree that MMA fighters are underpaid but I think most of the money should go to the top dogs. I don't consider the Leslie Smiths of the world to be underpaid. I consider the Conors and Ronda's of the world to be underpaid for the PPVs they bring. This last 2 record years were entirely because of Conor and Ronda.

Surprised they aren't putting a card together for aug 25 on fs1. Good opportunity to fill an arena with Vegas being packed that wkend
Pretty certain Floyd wouldn't have allowed that.

False, plenty of people blamed the UFC ( I was one) and people also blamed Dan Henderson for not reporting his injury as soon as it happened instead of waiting till the last minute.

The vast majority of fans and even fighters on the roster blamed Jones.

It was a non-stop hate-a-thon directed at him on MMA social media until UFC 152.

Skipped over in terms of MMA events? Yes it is. We get one piss poor Mexico City Fight Night event. Many months get at least 2, sometimes 3 events. McGregor/Mayweather is boxing. I'm talking UFC events.

Relax guy, it's a month. If they don't stack September, what are you gonna do? Stop watching... doubt that

You'll get your fights. UFC is making money flooding the market with events.

Back