BREAKING: Top Rank on ESPN. Pac/Horn, Loma/Salido, Crawford/Dongo on ESPN

Pretty sure ESPN can afford anything they want, no other entertainment channel spends more on content a year (due to licensing fees and shit like that) in fact ESPN was the only channel to spend more money than Netflix on content in 2016. Espn spent over 7 billion dollars in 2016 for all the crap they show (wonder how much goes to hot dog eating contents and darts) remember they are owned by Disney.

The thing here is you cant just become HBO or Showtime by throwing money at it, you also need a smart deal. HBO always seemed to be better than showtime, they were never equals until Floyd signed that 5 fight deal, then all of a sudden Showtime is on top.

I just don't think ESPN is very interested in spending too much on boxing though, they have too much other crap going to worry about boxing plus their team is really low quality. I know people love Teddy Atlas and yes, he is a legend, but as a commentator he leaves too much to be desired. If ESPN were to really be in the boxing big leagues they would need to re haul their whole production, they are just not there yet but money is not really the issue.

free fights on tv with known marquee fighters??? well hell.. I am in...

Espn will have to show the PAC fight live in eastern time zone for the US . So the bouts will Start in the morning in Australia? 14 hour difference.

Espn can't tape delay these fights.

Crawford vs Dongo will probably be a ratings flop. I tend to think the boxing world overrates Crawford's appeal to the fans.

Crawford vs Dongo will probably be a ratings flop. I tend to think the boxing world overrates Crawford's appeal to the fans.
The boxing world overrates Crawford in general IMO.

Loma vs Rigo at 126lbs needs to happen. I think the only obstacle is Bob Arum.

Pacman is fighting on ESPN while Conor is fighting Floyd in a boxing match and will earn more than 100 mill dollars, yet just when you want to say "boxing is dead! you're reminded that on september 16 we get one of the most exciting fights boxing can produce right now.

Weird ass time in boxing.

Crawford reminds me a lot of Vernon Forrest, I used to love how that guy fought, he feared no one and he could even nullify extremely fast fighters by using his jab and timing. He also didn't fear anyone because everyone feared his right hand, he had a monster shot and he knew he could knock anyone out.

The problem came when he fought a fighter he just couldn't hurt with that right hand, he completely lost the plot when that happened.

I don't see a Mayorga in crawford's future though, not at this moment. I can't see anyone taking his right hand and standing still.

Back