BREAKING: Top Rank on ESPN. Pac/Horn, Loma/Salido, Crawford/Dongo on ESPN

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Turns out Big D was right about Arum having secret plans.

Not sure if its a time buy, or a mutual relationship like Golden Boy. Im pretty sure ESPN cant afford to pay licensing fees for this though.

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...ill-air-on-espn-kick-off-new-top-rank-series/
Manny Pacquiao's July return in Australia appears to finally have a television home in the United States, one which will kick off a new direction for promoter Top Rank.

Pacquiao's welterweight title defense against unheralded Jeff Horn on July 2 in Brisbane (July 1 in the U.S.) will air on ESPN, according to a RingTV.com report citing multiple sources. In an announcement expected next week, the card will kick off a partnership between Top Rank and ESPN/ABC featuring seven shows this year and a minimum of 18 more in 2018.

Unlike ESPN's current series with Golden Boy, which largely broadcasts young prospects in showcase bouts, the Top Rank deal would feature highly competitive title fights typically seen on the promotion's longtime premium cable partner, HBO.

In addition to Pacquiao-Horn, ESPN is expected to broadcast a highly anticipated junior lightweight title rematch between pound-for-pound star Vasyl Lomachenko and veteran brawler Orlando Salido, who handed the two-time Olympic gold medalist his lone pro defeat. A third show in August is expected to feature unbeaten Terence Crawford in a junior welterweight title unification bout against Julius Indongo.

Last edited:
Thats the "big news?" Meh.

TC is getting screwed being with BOB. Only fight Bob has for him is a Pac fight. and now he is being pushed off HBO cause he is with TR. He is too good for ESPN.

They are also doing some monthly subscription like UFC Fighter Pass, which is gonna fail big time
Is there anything that promoters can do that wont fail according to you?

Never thought I would ever see pac on espn

What a fall for him

How about being excited to see big more big names on free TV?

Thats the "big news?" Meh.
How is that "meh"? A series of major fights free on popular channel ESPN (and maybe ABC network according to what I read) on cable tv? Would you rather they be PPV?

How is that "meh"? A series of major fights free on popular channel ESPN (and maybe ABC network according to what I read) on cable tv? Would you rather they be PPV?

Because Seano hates Top Rank and because of that he doesn't particularly like Pacquiao, Lomachenko or Crawford.

Seano would like it if the Promoter, fighters, and source were different.

i don't care if it's a mismatch, Pac on free tv is a good thing. Good stuff with Bud and the Loma/Salido rematch as well.

I'm calling it from now. I have a feeling about this Indongo guy and I've said this a few times. Surprised me against Eduard Troyanovsky with that beautiful first round KO and then surprised me when he schooled Ricky Burns. This fight is the most intriguing for me. I think he's going to be promoted by Eddie Hearn.

Loma beats Salido in the rematch and don't care about pac/horn.

I'm calling it from now. I have a feeling about this Indongo guy and I've said this a few times. Surprised me against Eduard Troyanovsky with that beautiful first round KO and then surprised me when he schooled Ricky Burns. I wouldn't be surprised if he surprised me again. This fight is the most intriguing for me. I think he's going to be promoted by Eddie Hearn.

Loma beats Salido in the rematch and dont care about pac/horn tbh.
Crawford is going to crush Indongo to the point people will detract from the performance,just like Postal, and just like Diaz.

And I actually think Indongo has a chance to compete well, Crawford is too good imo.

i don't care if it's a mismatch, Pac on free tv is a good thing. Good stuff with Bud and the Loma/Salido rematch as well.
Who the fuck understands people anymore

If one of these 3 fights where on PPV they'd be complaining, put it on ESPN it's an insult to the fighters LOL

Who the fuck understands people anymore

If one of these 3 fights where on PPV they'd be complaining, put it on ESPN it's an insult to the fighters LOL

yup I know espn isn't exactly "free" and they're suffering from these skinny bundles or whatever they're called so they're losing subscribers, but it's still basically free compared to shelling out 60 bucks for a ppv. Take the free shit, I don't see how this isn't a good thing.

Crawford is going to crush Indongo to the point people will detract from the performance,just like Postal, and just like Diaz.
Nothing is certain. Maybe he does destroy him but I'm sure people said Troyanovsky would beat him and didn't think that he would school Burns for 12 rounds.

Nothing is certain. Maybe he does destroy him but I'm sure people said Troyanovsky would beat him and didn't think that he would school Burns for 12 rounds.
But Crawford is a big step above those guys. My feelings would be hurt if Crawford lost, but Indongo will have earned it.

Back