Shooting in Toronto's Greek Town. 12 Injured. 3 Dead-- including Shooter

Gonna take a wild guess and say that this hand gun was purchased legally.
I have the same suspicion. Not tucking tail at the roulette wheel tonight. All chips in on the 2%!
"Legally", WTF are you talking about?
He's talking about Canadians legally purchasing the firearms, then reselling them illegally to someone else for a profit.

The evidence clearly suggests otherwise.

I have the same suspicion. Not tucking tail at the roulette wheel tonight. All chips in on the 2%!

He's talking about Canadians legally purchasing the firearms, then reselling them illegally to someone else for a profit.

I know what he's trying to say, which simply isn't the case. All pistols in Canada are classified as at least restricted and are registered; you need permission to transfer and transport them to another licensed owner. The black market doesn't originate from licensed Canadian gun owners. This is just another ignorant attempt to throw lawful gun owners under the bus.

That's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever.

Yeah that strikes me as a really bad strategy, given the whole handgun registry thing. If you have a gun ''stolen'' you absolutely must report it to the RCMP. It's a crime not to. I wonder how long it would take the RCMP to catch on to someone who keeps having his handguns ''stolen''?

Still no name?

Anyways, Toronto is getting out of control.

I know what he's trying to say, which simply isn't the case. All pistols in Canada are classified as at least restricted and are registered; you need permission to transfer and transport them to another licensed owner. The black market doesn't originate from licensed Canadian gun owners. This is just another ignorant attempt to throw lawful gun owners under the bus.

Part of it does. Police have been talking about it for a while. Sorry, but it IS happening more and more.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...gs-surge-in-domestic-handgun-trafficking.html

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/crime/2014/05/07/handguns_easily_resold_to_potential_criminals.html

hmmm.. this part of the article was rather noticeably of importance to this discussion:

The Toronto police memo also says that since the long-gun registry was abolished by the federal Conservatives in 2012, there is increasing use of shotguns and rifles by the criminal element.

Yes yes... less gun regulations!...

Gonna take another wild swing and say that this guy will also have a ''not totally 100% white'' last name: this fact will be super relevant to some people for some reason.

hmmm.. this part of the article was rather noticeably of importance to this discussion:

The Toronto police memo also says that since the long-gun registry was abolished by the federal Conservatives in 2012, there is increasing use of shotguns and rifles by the criminal element.

Yes yes... less gun regulations!...
Fake news.

Meanwhile, you can bludgeon someone to death and still make bail.

https://www.bramptonguardian.com/ne...ting-death-of-young-brampton-man-out-on-bail/

But let's focus on licensed gun owners, good job Liberals.

Last edited:
3 dead now? That sucks.

At least the shooter is dead, that's a good thing.

Whoa, you mean a whole " four men were convicted separately of firearms trafficking within the last few years".

<GSPWoah>

Right, did you see the numbers of guns being sold by just those people?

And how much damage can one gun do right??

Sure there are more incidents as well.

Right, did you see the numbers of guns being sold by just those people?

And how much damage can one gun do right??

Sure there are more incidents as well.
If anything, it shows how more and more regulation isn't the panacea some wish it was.

People always say "media shouldn't put the name and face of the shooter out there, it only inspires more" but when you go 12 hours without releasing it people start freaking out and demanding it. "Why aren't we getting more info?" wtf are you gonna do with the info now? It seems pretty clear that this wasn't a terror attack per se, it's that US style of mass shooter suicide. We get our guns from the US, we get our culture from the US and that's why we're going to shit.

Still no details on who did it? Yawn. Seems to be a pattern with Canadian police, they always wait as long as possible before saying anything.
I hope you are saying that as a positive.

other than peoples 'desire to know' and 'need for instant gratification' what positives are there for an investigation to release information such as this early before they are 100% and have verified it?

Back