International Reports that Turkey just declared nationwide martial law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great situation for Edrogan to consolidate dictatorship like powers which seem to have been his goal for awhile.

dont wanna call false flag but it benefits him more than anybody else. prob just dumb luck.
Finally, Beri, you post something that makes sense. May be hope for you yet

The Turkish people have dug their own grave. I hope they enjoy a radical Islamic dictator.
Did i miss something, since when is Turkey ruled by islamic dictator? last time when i was in Turkey it look just fine to me.

Most likely a legit military coup. Not many conspiracy angles seem plausible here.
Being a legit coup doesn't mean its not backed by the CIA. Not saying that it is but if the CIA would want to pull a move like this it would make sense to look for an opportunity when factions of the military would organically start to resist than to try and engineer a coup from the ground up.

Why no Russian effort CT?
They have beef with Turkey right now, not that I believe it.
Erdogan has pivoted in recent times on the issue of the Syrian Civil war, abandoning the Salafist militants and moving towards a political settlement with Assad. I think the Turkish government even apologized for downing that Russian jet but don't quote me on that.

Did i miss something, since when is Turkey ruled by islamic dictator? last time when i was in Turkey it look just fine to me.
AKP is an Islamist party. Its moderate compared to the vast majority of Islamist groups and parties but it is still one nonetheless. I'm not sure if Turks really care about the specifics of the Shariah like stoning adulterers in the street, I think Turkish Islamists just have nostalgia for "Muh Islamic culture, Muh Ottoman heritage".

Btw when I misspelled "Turkish" the auto-correct suggested "trash", lol.

EDIT: As far as the dictator part, Erdogan has cracked down on press freedoms big time. He's no Saddam but he ain't Thomas Jefferson either.

Last edited:
Fuck Turkey, let them have whatever government they choose. they want Erdogan let them have him. No need to overthrow that asshole and give an excuse for muslims to flood the west.

Erdogan is suing, and jailing people who dare satirize him. Hell, a former Mrs Turkey is facing jail time for "mocking" Erdogan. He has over a thousand lawsuits against others for the same reason. All facing jail time. He went after a German comedian, and demanded he be punished for the same thing. He's locked up people opposed to him.

What do you think is going to happen now that people have flooded the streets yelling allahu akbar in support of him. Maybe he'll turn over a new leaf and support a secular Turkey with freedom of speech on the side?

I think in a sense its good that the coup failed. People here are saying that Erdogan is moving Turkey in a negative direction and I would agree. But I would also like to point out that healthy democracies don't have military coups every decade or two. Subverting the military to the will of a civilian government is not a bad thing, in fact I'd argue its necessary. Its good to have accountability within government but the military should be apolitical IMO.

AKP is an Islamist party. Its moderate compared to the vast majority of Islamist groups and parties but it is still one nonetheless. I'm not sure if Turks really care about the specifics of the Shariah like stoning adulterers in the street, I think Turkish Islamists just have nostalgia for "Muh Islamic culture, Muh Ottoman heritage".

Btw when I misspelled "Turkish" the auto-correct suggested "trashI ", lol.
It was a joke brah, i'm turkish myself born and living in Germany currently. I'm driving 2-3 times to Turkey every year, so in all honesty i think i have better understanding most of the "expert" here lol
Erdogan is not my friend but if you think Turkey is ruled by the islamic dictator i dont have anything to say.

When the army started to bombing the parliament and his own people it was over before it even begun, even the hardcore Erdogan haters started to defend against the military coup.

Just woke up , sorry for not responding but I needed like 5 hours of sleep, anyway there were lots of explosion sounds going on in here Istanbul, I assume there were a lot more going on in Ankara considering it was more heated

Initially coup had fighter jets , however as time passed the jets were in favour of erdogan I believe and they flew past like really low, as each one passed everything in our houses were shaking

A lot of people are wounded, I live next to a hospital and people are mainly shot in their legs or feet, they tried to avoid casualties it seems by going for leg shots etc
I read reports that civilians had overwhelmed the coup soldiers and took everything back?

Erdogan is suing, and jailing people who dare satirize him. Hell, a former Mrs Turkey is facing jail time for "mocking" Erdogan. He has over a thousand lawsuits against others for the same reason. All facing jail time. He went after a German comedian, and demanded he be punished for the same thing. He's locked up people opposed to him.

What do you think is going to happen now that people have flooded the streets yelling allahu akbar in support of him. Maybe he'll turn over a new leaf and support a secular Turkey with freedom of speech on the side?
I wouldnt disagree what you say but i dont think it just so simple there are more factors playing are role here. There are some serious shit going on right now but i can say one thing for sure, Turks are nothing like arabs, you will not see people bringing the sheria or some shit, the turkish people wouldnt allowed that..you dont need the army for that.

Btw when I misspelled "Turkish" the auto-correct suggested "trash", lol.

EDIT: As far as the dictator part, Erdogan has cracked down on press freedoms big time. He's no Saddam but he ain't Thomas Jefferson either.

I laugh at this post specially that thrash part.

I think in a sense its good that the coup failed. People here are saying that Erdogan is moving Turkey in a negative direction and I would agree. But I would also like to point out that healthy democracies don't have military coups every decade or two. Subverting the military to the will of a civilian government is not a bad thing, in fact I'd argue its necessary. Its good to have accountability within government but the military should be apolitical IMO.
Agreed. And as muh as I'm pro secularizm and free speech, the army shouldn't be charged with its implementation against the will of the people. It's just not workable.

I wouldnt disagree what you say but i dont think it just so simple there are more factors playing are role here. There are some serious shit going on right now but i can say one thing for sure, Turks are nothing like arabs, you will not see people bringing the sheria or some shit, the turkish people wouldnt allowed that..you dont need the army for that.
Seeing that you're closer to the situation than most of us commenting from overseas, all I can say is that I hope you're right.

I read reports that civilians had overwhelmed the coup soldiers and took everything back?

the lower level soldiers were just following orders

don't think they knew the higher level officers were going to actually attempt a coup

Why do people lump turks with the Arabs as these muslim extremists and killers? They are secular people who don't let religion rule their country. Americans are more religiously extreme than turks in some areas.

It was a joke brah, i'm turkish myself born and living in Germany currently. I'm driving 2-3 times to Turkey every year, so in all honesty i think i have better understanding most of the "expert" here lol
Erdogan is not my friend but if you think Turkey is ruled by the islamic dictator i dont have anything to say.

When the army started to bombing the parliament and his own people it was over before it even begun, even the hardcore Erdogan haters started to defend against the military coup.
Oops...
latest

But I agree. Erdogan has done some questionable things but there's still a gulf between him and the likes of Assad and Saddam in terms of power and abuse of that power. I think its good that the Turks defended democracy. Its flawed but the mistakes of democracy should ideally be corrected democratically or at least by the civilian government, not the military.

Imagine if tanks rolled towards the White House every time the POTUS did something unconstitutional. It would not be a good look.

This gives a chance for serbia to move its military might into turkey and taken it over. Taking their children to raise them as their own army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back