Crime BREAKING: Orlando Gay Night-Club Attacked (50 Dead, 50+ Hospitalized) Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that others are willing to call out dumbasses who say shit like that. Violence against anybody for no reason isn't acceptable in any church or town I've ever been to. I'm no Christian, but I have been to more than a few churches, and there are very few fire and brimstone churches around anymore. There's Westboro, but most of them seem to focus on the "Jesus loves everybody", singing a few songs.

Not violence itself, just societal repulsiveness that can deal to things like hatred or in this case extreme repression of oneself.

Deport the family back to Afghanistan. Do it by dropping them out of a plane with no parachutes.

"How could the son I was in total denial about do such incomprehensible things?! If only I'd known, or cared before it became too late!"

Next time some idiot goes off about gays and Christians have them do a Google search on the number of homosexuals murdered in the last 20 years in the name of Islam vs Christianity.

My suspicion from the get go was that the shooter might be gay. If you have had as many gay friends and associates as I have, you know the "f**k em all" attitude towards gay men comes pretty hard from other jilted gay men.

I should have mentioned it before, because it looks like Monday morning QB'ing now that we now he was gay.. But I had a feeling that the shooter would end up being gay.. Although I was thinking an angry lover. Might have been, actually.

What makes Canada's gun laws better? I could go and buy a long gun today from Canadian tire and start shooting people. Is it the fact that I cannot purchase an automatic weapon?
Do you have your PAL?

Christians in this country for the longest time had hated gays....Plenty of gay hate crimes from Christian born and raised people have been committed.

Go back 20-30 years ago and you will hear extreme views against gays from Christians.

So yes they created this climate of antigayness in America, where it encourages people to commit crimes against gay

Like I said both are to blame, Islam much much more...but Christianity is right behind it.

What anti-gay climate are you referring to? As far as I can tell, there are a few fringe religious groups speaking out against homosexuality while the rest of the society is celebrating Gay Parades and endlessly worships gays in the media.

You do realize that the worst mass murder of gays in the USA was committed by a gay Muslim who was a registered democrat? Christianity had nothing to do with what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really been keeping up with this but based off what I'm hearing this nutcase apparently was claiming to be associated with multiple terrorist groups that are known to fight each other.

Do you think the guy just had internal conflicts about who he was and his sexuality and uses terrorism as a an excuse?

Liberals have completely flipped the blame on republicans for the Orlando shooting when it was Obama and Hillary's led investigation which turned a blind eye to this guy because he was Muslim. So instead of blaming incompetence or Islam for this, they need to deflect the blame on gun laws. I really hope people in this country isn't this stupid.

Does anyone have any idea what all of this, "Love Wins," "Don't let hate Win" rhetoric is all about? I find it rather bizarre. That smug bastard Colbert is just another in a long line of hack celebrities spewing this silliness.

‘Despair is a victory for hate’: Stephen Colbert comments on the Orlando shooting

Colbert went on to say that love is the only solution: “I don’t know what to do. But I do know that despair is a victory for hate. Hate wants us to be too weak to change anything. Love in response to hate. Love does not despair. Love makes us strong. Love gives us the courage to act. Love gives us hope that change is possible. Love allows us to change the script.”

makes-me-sick.gif

Because maybe, just maybe, if people loved each other a little bit more and focused less on hate, things like this would happen less often?

While I understand the impulse to write the "Love always wins" message as being superfluous and empty , I think about what I want to teach my nieces and nephews about the Orlando tragedy (They are all 6 and under).

I could teach them to not trust muslims, and that the religion is evil and vile, OR, I could tell them that the measure of a man is in his actions, not what God he prays to. Be tolerant and accepting of others beliefs, but never follow anything or anyone blindly.

If this terrorists father had sat him down one day and taught him it is wrong to hate homosexuality, even if you don't understand it, maybe he wouldn't have gone off the handle this way? (and by the sound of it, the guy was a closeted homosexual).

I could be wrong, maybe love isn't the answer (but then all of the uber religious people in this thread would have to concede that their belief system is fundamentally flawed) - but if hating or loving has no bearing on a given outcome, then I would rather live my life loving my fellow man than hating them. Less stress that way.

Why not blame both?

For a long time the Christianls and Muslims were on the same page, hating on gays.

Finally we have a suspect bi man decided to kill these hateful/repulsive people by both Christian and Muslims standards.
Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound?

He had a huge role in his son's turn to extremism. You can tell by how he keeps on about gays. Sad.

Right, but the ever elusive independents and undecideds could very well swing Trump after this. People want revenge, they want the feeling of strength and protection.

Put another way: if you hear a strange noise downstairs in the night, you want dad, not mom, to grab the baseball bat and investigate it. Trump is now America's "daddy": the strong protector, who perhaps reads a few too many conspiracy blogs, but is the rock they'll be looking for come election time.

Come election time the negative ads for Trump will be easily created. Just his interviews on the howard stern show gives the Dems HOURS of horrible donald trump quotes. Plus the majority of the white trash Muricans who support him aren't even registered to vote. I believe Trump will get about 7% of the general vote. Maybe win the least educated states, mostly the south. He'll lose the whole east coast and west coast, or any state in which the education completed is above grade 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back