EBI 6 UPDATE (Abraham Marte out!)

Legitimate people are joining for the cash grab

Legitimate people are joining for the cash grab

I'm guessing that was the master plan. Start small. Build the profits to build bigger cash prizes. The big names will sniff out the prize money and put on a great show for us.

I read a good article about how Ralek killed Metamoris. And if you compare EBI and Metamoris, you see that Eddie has done things in a smart way.

SBJ, what's up with the title? Are those guys confirmed? Or are we talking about a different Vinny and Galvao?

Galvao is a juggernaut in this format, and Vinny is huge. Doubt Tonon retains the throne.

Can't wait.

I'm guessing that was the master plan. Start small. Build the profits to build bigger cash prizes. The big names will sniff out the prize money and put on a great show for us.

I read a good article about how Ralek killed Metamoris. And if you compare EBI and Metamoris, you see that Eddie has done things in a smart way.
This also shows that Eddie wasn't creating this tournament to artificially promote his guys or give them fake success...like A LOT of people were saying. A LOT of people were also saying he was lying about trying to get big names. And he stuck with his guns and said the more it grows and more money involved..more big names will show

Getting Galvao especially shows he created EBI to promote jiu-jitsu not just himself or 10th planet

Oh that's great !! I definitely will be there if the tickets aren't too expensive.

Seeing Vinny motivated by $50k will be interesting. On the right day, that dude is a monster! Same for Lister? Is he out now? He's getting pretty long in the tooth, but he's another guy I would like to see after a motivated training camp.

Galvao in there plus 50.000!! EBI 7 I could see rafa jumping in... and why not Marcelo too... one can dream.

Seeing Vinny motivated by $50k will be interesting. On the right day, that dude is a monster! Same for Lister? Is he out now? He's getting pretty long in the tooth, but he's another guy I would like to see after a motivated training camp.
@boogeyman_tfs is Richie Martinez, not Dean Lister

Do the Rio & SP qualifiers stream live?

Anyone know if Eddie Bravo is going to put EBI 5 up on his YT channel anytime soon? All the other events are up on there.

pumped to watch this. Surely Tonon will be giving up a ton of weight competing as a heavy.

This is the start of something special!

Also, as a graphic designer ... who ever is making these posters and advertisement should be fired. These events deserve so much more instead of this lame design. Eddie should really consider investing in decent design and get have EBI re-branded because the use of the gradient and the glow on the 6 is extremely outdated.

pumped to watch this. Surely Tonon will be giving up a ton of weight competing as a heavy.

Tonon is pretty experienced in absolute divisions. I think he recently took bronze at worlds...? I don't remember and don't feel like googling. LOL.

This is the start of something special!

Also, as a graphic designer ... who ever is making these posters and advertisement should be fired. These events deserve so much more instead of this lame design. Eddie should really consider investing in decent design and get have EBI re-branded because the use of the gradient and the glow on the 6 is extremely outdated.

Hit him up man. Eddie isn't hard to reach. You might land yourself a contract (if you're a freelancer).

This also shows that Eddie wasn't creating this tournament to artificially promote his guys or give them fake success...like A LOT of people were saying. A LOT of people were also saying he was lying about trying to get big names. And he stuck with his guns and said the more it grows and more money involved..more big names will show

Getting Galvao especially shows he created EBI to promote jiu-jitsu not just himself or 10th planet

It's growing into a legit and exciting event to be sure, but he definitely still artificially promotes his own guys and gives them fake success. For example, Denny Prokopos was matched up with some senior circuit guy in the first round at the last EBI, and Eddie was literally coaching him during his matches.

To paraphrase the Miyaos, the big sharks are here. The little fish know not to mess with them. All these successful regional guys need not bother to show up anymore.

I enjoy watching these tournaments, and realize I am making a fun post that some people might object to....................
but, I predict the winner will be the awesome "technique" of acquiring
erythropoietin to go w the usual cocktail of supplements

Also, 1st Open Weight is at HUGE elevation for a 16 man tournament and no one points that out it is to even the playing field for the smaller guys so it becomes dramatic and people can rant ChuChitzu even though it is all heel hooks and cardio

Mexican Judo FTW!

Last edited:
1342458261891_8003685.png

Back