**BREAKING** Machida says he would fight Anderson (VIDEO)

Anderson and Machida should fight if he regains his title.

As should GSP and Rory (assuming both wins their next fights).

Sick of the "we're friends" excuse.

I doubt Anderson would fight him

Silva vs Machida would be amazing!

But lets face it stylistically it is HORRRRRRIBLE matchup for machida and he would get knockedout. The fight will stay standing and slow paced because of machida's style and thats like saying here Silva its on a plate do your thing man

The thing is that Anderson has NEVER fought a striker of Machida's level. Sure Anderson has better offense but Machida isn't going to fall for the little taunts or head movements, he's waaaaay to smart for that. Machida will be elusive as always, even for a fighter of Silva's level. This has the potential to be a boring fight with Machida being cautious, ultimately i think it comes down to who ever makes the first mistake..

Machida vs Anderson would probably end up being a glorified sparring session. Both are counter oriented fighters and neither would want to be the aggressor to play into the other's strength. Add in that they are friends and that's how I think it would go down. Maybe I'm wrong but I could see a lot of leg kicks and circling.

The thing is that Anderson has NEVER fought a striker of Machida's level. Sure Anderson has better offense but Machida isn't going to fall for the little taunts or head movements, he's waaaaay to smart for that. Machida will be elusive as always, even for a fighter of Silva's level. This has the potential to be a boring fight with Machida being cautious, ultimately i think it comes down to who ever makes the first mistake..

Anderson has fought better strikers then Machida ever has

I got a feeling we see Machida vs Jacare in title eliminator fight.

yeah, Rory and GSP should fight as well.

Machida vs Anderson would probably end up being a glorified sparring session. Both are counter oriented fighters and neither would want to be the aggressor to play into the other's strength. Add in that they are friends and that's how I think it would go down. Maybe I'm wrong but I could see a lot of leg kicks and circling.

images

The "we're friends" excuse can get you more money to take the fight. I just picture friends and training partners taking a Dr. Evil pose wiggling their fingers together and laughing all the way to the bank.

Anderson's gonna get beat into retirement in his next fight so....

He will never actually have to fight his buddy.

Oh then Weidman will kick Machida's ass too. Strong Island. One.

Anderson has fought better strikers then Machida ever has

Super duper, but the post you're responding to didn't say that Silva never fought strikers the level of Machida's opponents, he's saying Silva never fought a striker LIKE MACHIDA. Not a big leap on his part, because there really aren't any strikers at his level, but your response completely whiffed.

Hopefully he realized it's okay to fight a friend. It's your job... nothign personal.

I was surprised to hear him say it for sure. What a fight if it did happen.

Back