BREAKING: Luke Thomas will host the MMA Hour every monday

Are you a fan?

• I liked The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, not with Luke Thomas.

Votes: 89 44.1%
  • I like the idea of The MMA Hour with Luke Thomas better without Ariel.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I like both.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I do not like either one.

Votes: 46 22.8%

• Total voters

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just announced on his live chat

I know sherdog loves luke, so i thought yall would like to know :rolleyes:

His wednesday live chats are apparently going away

DgJO2f0X0Acvbho.jpg

Luke making dat ariel helwani money playboiiiiiiii

Last edited:
his live chats were his best mmafighting.com content. Shame that's going.

Good for Luke, I prefer him over a sobbing weasel

The penny drops!

This explains Ariel leaving him out of his thank yous to all his MMAfighting colleagues in his goodbyes on his last show - he must have knew and been bitter about it!

Just announced on his live chat

I know sherdog loves luke, so i thought yall would like to know :rolleyes:

His wednesday live chats are apparently going away
Nice! I love Luke, he is hands down the most professional and intellecual analyst out there

Good.. not much else choice really. Hope he gets paid.. he got the radio all the time as well. Might have a bit too much to do now.

Great..

Going to be a whole lot of "(sniff) I got a cold guys, where am I at right now? (sniff) I'm in the office. This is huge guys, just a second, so huge. (sniff)

The penny drops!

This explains Ariel leaving him out of his thank yous to all his MMAfighting colleagues in his goodbyes on his last show - he must have knew and been bitter about it!

There's always been an underlying tension between them. I always got the sense that Luke found Ariel to be a bit superficial. They come at most issues from opposite sides.

nobody will watch and the show will go away a few weeks later.....

Great now we have some race baiting jackoff intstead of a crying brat.

Not sure we got a good deal here

I'm torn on Luke. I do like to hear his thoughts because I respect his opinion. He's smart, and I think he cares more about mma than even Helwani. On the other hand, he has a tendency to flex his vocabulary, which can get annoying, and once a year, he's gonna get all liberal about something.

Regardless, I'll embrace the change and tune in every Monday. Good luck, Luke. You got this job meritocratically (that's one of his).

I'd rather listen to the Weasel. He's a snake but pretty good at interviewing imo

Could this guy even get good guests on his own show?

his live chats were his best mmafighting.com content. Shame that's going.
Yeah.... i agree.

In the end, we still lost a show.

To be honest i think maybe it would be better if he did the mma hour on wednesdays. Otherwise he will just be competing with Ariels show, which is also on monday. Both are live, at the same time... So im not sure keeping it on monday is a good idea.

The mma hour listeners are probably going to follow ariel where he goes instead of settling for a new redesigned show, with someone different, while the old/same show is going on literally at the same time. Seems like a no brainer to stick with ariel.

Last edited:
<Fedor23>

I have no time to listen to a 3 plus hour show that calls itself the mma hour..

I dont watch the show outside of a few clips here and there, I couldnt care less. I feel bad for the people who do though, prepare for SJW Luke to shove down his bullshit down your throat till you gag.

I'm actually really excited for this.

I thought they were gonna hire Marc Raimondi or some other boring, stale personality but at least it's someone who's not afraid to be opinionated.

Luke just needs to stop injecting his leftie politics into everything and we're good to go.

Back