Movies BATGIRL Movie (Nearly Finished Film Scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Joss Whedon is a fucking hack. One of the hackiest hacks who ever hacked. Toss his overrated ass back to Marvel and let them keep him.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Joss Whedon is a fucking hack. One of the hackiest hacks who ever hacked. Toss his overrated ass back to Marvel and let them keep him.
While I do not think he is god's gift to nerddom like some, how is he a hack?

Man i dont know, DC movie universe is such a gigantic clusterfuck of people who dont know the characters or their stories, executives that cant make a decision and stick with it, i really hope DC movies start to pick up because so far its pretty shit

If you want a small girl to beat the shit out of large men and have fun dialogue, Whedon is obviously the right man. Makes perfect sense. I would have preferred Cassandra Cain.

While I do not think he is god's gift to nerddom like some, how is he a hack?
Absolutely everything he touches has the same sarcastic one-liner style dialog. And every character speaks in it, even if it doesn't really make sense for them. Like in Avengers, suddenly everybody sounded like Tony Stark.

Batgirl?

Only if it's R-rated and includes these scenes:

image.jpg
3752923-8118473846-17-67.jpg

giphy.gif

Absolutely everything he touches has the same sarcastic one-liner style dialog. And every character speaks in it, even if it doesn't really make sense for them. Like in Avengers, suddenly everybody sounded like Tony Stark.

Some of us happen to like that sarcastic dialogue.

How the fuck does Batgirl get a movie before Black Widow?

Considering this morning I heard they are considering Jordan Peele to take over the live-action AKIRA remake, this is just fine.

Maybe they'll let that kid who came up with MONSTER TRUCKS do the next project.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
What's next the Alfred movie? Maybe Jimmy Olsen? Aunt May?

Seriously though the comic book movie is dead in my book. Movie companies just see it as a way to print out money on a yearly or semi-yearly basis. Once it got to freaking Ant-man I was starting to really question it but Batgirl is a new low. Now we got the 3rd spider-man in the last 15 years, ugh. Sick of this genre taking over and killing originality in movies. Everything is just a reboot or sequel.

I think it's fantastic...when it's character appropriate and works with the flow of a scene. Have him write Tony Stark in every movie. But I think he overuses that style to the point of undermining other characterizations and lessening it's impact across the board. To paraphrase Syndrome from Fantastic F-The Incredibles: "When everybody's snarky and sarcastic, nobody is."

Well Joss can't make it worse than most DC movies.

But if this is the movie that gets fast tracked it will probably suck.

Seriously though the comic book movie is dead in my book. Movie companies just see it as a way to print out money on a yearly or semi-yearly basis. Once it got to freaking Ant-man I was starting to really question it but Batgirl is a new low. Now we got the 3rd spider-man in the last 15 years, ugh. Sick of this genre taking over and killing originality in movies. Everything is just a reboot or sequel.
The genre is 90% utter shit...and it seems like the studio budgets are 90% geared towards this this genre.

Fucking Batgirl. Give me a break.

Ant-Man was funny, though.

I think saying it's killing originality is bit inaccurate. An overarching storyline threaded between over some 15 movies, each that also work as stand alone, and incorporating dozens of popular characters doesnt exactly happen every summer. Especially not considering the consistent bullseye with both fans and critics alike.

Like it or not, what Marvel is doing is accomplishing something that has never been done before in cinematic history. At least not on this scale.

Whedon-speak is kind of a trademark of his writing. Like Mamet speak. I like it but I agree it doesn't fit every character or scenario.

Personally I think Batgirl could do a lot worse than Whedon, even if maybe he has lost the "golden touch" he seemed to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back