Movies BATGIRL Movie (Nearly Finished Film Scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: March 30, 2017

Joss Whedon to Write and Direct BATGIRL Movie for Warner Bros.

MXPS5CR.jpg

Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon

Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.

No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.

Batgirl is one of the most popular superheroines in the world, but has never gotten her own movie. The project will also feature other characters from the world of Gotham.

Batgirl first appeared in DC Comics in 1967 as Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.

The Batgirl project will be the second movie from DC Films to star a female lead after Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, which opens June 2.

Whedon would be making a big move from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to its DC counterpart, having written and directed The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron for Disney-Marvel. He also created the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/

Will she have the electronic voice thing, too? Id prefer her doing the bale voice. Lol

I've edited the thread title and added "Breaking" (always wanted to try it out). :)

Still a great big meh.

I do not trust the studio, at all.

Wow. Another superhero movie.

Can't blame Joss. It's a cashgrab, he is smashing out display cases and stuffing everything he can into his bank account before this trend finally runs out of ideas.

Then- (in 2024)

Breaking! An avengers reboot! Lmfao

Probably gonna be just as great as the catwoman movie

OK, the key thing when it comes to casting is determining how old Barbara is supposed to be in the DCEU.

Bruce Wayne is on the older side but not too old, and Dick Grayson is supposed to be already be Nightwing, as they have a movie of him in development. Also, JK Simmons’ Commissioner Gordon seem a little old in the tooth.

So I think it is safe to assume that they’re going to go with a Barbara in her late 20s, early 30s, to be played by an actress in her mid-20s.

Do you have anyone in mind @Dragonlordxxxxx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back