STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: September 12, 2017

J.J. Abrams Returning to Write and Direct STAR WARS: EPISODE IX

DlY4Wzy.jpg

J.J. Abrams is returning to a galaxy far, far away. The Force Awakens director will step in to direct Star Wars: Episode IX after the exit of former director, Colin Trevorrow.

“With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy in a statement.

Trevorrow left the project earlier this month. Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio.

According to sources, Trevorrow exited the project after issues with the script persisted throughout development, with the director taking multiple stabs at different drafts. Eventually, he and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy's working relationship had become unmanageable.

Jack Thorne, the British scribe who wrote the upcoming Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay movie Wonder, was tapped to work on the script for the movie, which is the supposed end to the Skywalker Saga.

In their Sept. 5 statement, Lucasfilm and Disney said, "Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process, but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon."

This move marks the third time a director has been replaced on a Star Wars project. Phil Lord and Chris Miller were taken off the Han Solo standalone with only a few weeks left in production, and later replace with Ron Howard. Gareth Edwards handled all of the principal photography on 2016's Rogue One, but the movie's extensive reshoots were helmed by seasoned director Tony Gilroy.

Disney made a slew of changes to its upcoming calendar on Tuesday, including pushing back the release of Star Wars: Episode IX by seven months.Episode IX will now open in theaters Dec. 20, 2019, instead of May 24, 2019.

J.J. Abrams to Replace Colin Trevorrow as ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Writer and Director

I thought the force awakens was good. No problems here.

I have a feeling this next movie is gonna suck though.

hey!, you guys wanna know exactly how this movie is gonna go? just watch the last one, Abrams is not a hack but Disney doesnt want creativity or new stuff, they already know how to produce the movie that makes money, and JJ is gonna give them exactly that, the same movie than last, all over again its the fault of the Star Wars hardcore cocksucker fanbase that eats buckets of shit on command.

not to sure how I feel about this. I mean he is a really good director but I was not that high on Ep 7. It had potential and some action moments were really cool. My gripes is more with the story telling.

My first reaction honestly is I wish they got someone else but they could of done worse I guess

Oh thank God. I think everything's gonna be all right.

I called it! I fucking called it!

My posts, from last week's thread...

"
header-jj-abrams-discusses-his-approach-to-star-wars-episode-vii.jpg

Please...?

Pretty Please?

Fuck you if you don't get JJ, Pretty Please?"

"Oh I wholeheartedly agree about the script, but Ep7's directing is 10/10.

Its strange that everyone blamed Zack Snyder for BvS's gigantic script problems.

And NOBODY is blaming the directors of each of GoT's S7 directors for this season's scripts being shit.

Say what you want about Episode 7, and I'll probably agree with most of it, but JJ's directing was it's one aspect that shouldn't be addressed as a complaint because it discredits the rest of the movie's issues, and you'd be viewed as a hater/nitpicker."

I am so fucking pumped for this.

Last edited:
So, seeing how Force Awakens was a re-skin of A New Hope, are we gonna get a new version of Ewoks?

So does this mean we're just going to get an Episode 6 remake to finish the trilogy?

I don't get the hate for this guy. I liked force awakens. Also loved the first two star trek reboots, and even Super 8 & Mission Impossible III was good.

Ok interesting choice, way better then Colin and his writing friends.. seems it was a run between Rian and JJ I'm also thinking it's real hard to go and make a main EP movie back to back.

Thinking about it Rian put 3 years into it already with no brake and would have to put another 2 right back again. I would have loved if he at least would co-write, produce with JJ to help out on that script.

I also think JJ has something to prove with originality and will step up big time I think he heard everything about his negatives points and will want to be remembered in a better light.

So does this mean we're just going to get an Episode 6 remake to finish the trilogy?

Return of the(last)Jedi?:)

Joking aside, I'm not particularly happy that Abrams is back. FA got a lot of love because, frankly, fans were desperate for a win after the prequels. But there is a lot of problems with FA, and the final responsibility for that lies with Abrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back