***BREAKING***Donald Trump BTFO!!![Ethics]

I don't know what the exact issue was, but I'm sure the 4m was part of it. I noticed that the article says they were only going to publish 750k. That would have been a pretty heft price on the books to actually make money for the publisher.

Don't know how books work compared to music, but I imagine the broad strokes are similar. There'd be a royalty advance and an accounting of each unit sold. Newt would get x% per sale, which could escalate at various thresholds. I don't know if $5 per projected unit sold is low or high in the book world. Books seem to have wider pricing whereas CD's or downloads are fairly standard. I've seen $2.50/CD for sure that I can recall. The math gets complicated for deals that are based on list price and deductions for things like territory, packaging, and licencing. I'd also guess the publisher would hope for more than one pressing.

If our President got a publishing advance while in office from a foreign government I'd certainly cry foul. But if one suspiciously buys up a bunch of books, not so much. In this case I'll be concerned when governments are buying out Trump properties around the world while failing to occupy them.

800x-1.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...pire-sends-court-into-uncharted-legal-terrain

How the left has fallen....

Two months ago you were all riding high on your imaginary <Moves>#Impeachmentburger <Moves>

Now your reduced to grasping at straws like this....
That hasn't gone away, and this is a straightforward ethical breach.

It's good that you don't care what laws Trump breaks. He could have his dick in your ass, and you'd be like, "This is it!"

Really comes down to these transactions being at fair value and largely unchanged from before his presidency.

If all of a sudden a Trump hotel becomes the foreign diplomat choice its pretty clear. Additionally if they are paying above market rates it would be a pretty clear attempt to sway favour thru Trump's personal profit.

But if neither are true no harm no foul.

Maralago doubled it´s membership fee after Trump was elected.

It's good that you don't care what laws Trump breaks. He could have his dick in your ass, and you'd be like, "This is it!"

At this point I am pretty sure Trump could make Hillary SecState and adopt her entire platform word for word and Trump cultists would find some way to defend it.

Last edited:
Maralago doubled it´s membership fee after Trump was elected.

Well there we go.

A simple fair test failed.

You gotta respect his ability to accurately estimate the intelligence of his supporters.

Don't know how books work compared to music, but I imagine the broad strokes are similar. There'd be a royalty advance and an accounting of each unit sold. Newt would get x% per sale, which could escalate at various thresholds. I don't know if $5 per projected unit sold is low or high in the book world. Books seem to have wider pricing whereas CD's or downloads are fairly standard. I've seen $2.50/CD for sure that I can recall. The math gets complicated for deals that are based on list price and deductions for things like territory, packaging, and licencing. I'd also guess the publisher would hope for more than one pressing.

If our President got a publishing advance while in office from a foreign government I'd certainly cry foul. But if one suspiciously buys up a bunch of books, not so much. In this case I'll be concerned when governments are buying out Trump properties around the world while failing to occupy them.

I don't see how anyone can seriously think that the purchase of a book will gain someone favourable treatment from a sitting president.

Can mods put a end to the "BTFO" in thread titles. Sounds like a TMZ headline.

A few short months ago, you were riding high thinking #Impeachmentburger
was just around the corner.

Now you're down to school yard insults.

Your hatred is clouding your better judgement.

Last edited:
Back