Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Then they can cut 135 too. Not good to have a male division that is lighter/the same as a female division...

They should just fight at 130 pounds, with winner taking both belts. They can shut down FLW afterwards.

Dillashaw will win, get the honours of double champ and go back to bantamweight as normal. Flyweight will be dissolved and peace is restored. I see no problem here

For the "what's the point?" people:

If TJ moves down in weight and wins another title, it boosts his P4P standing. He proves that he could've been fighting, and winning, in a lower weight class all along. Instead he fights the weight class up and still dominates. From a sportsman's perspective this is an impressive accomplishment.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes TJ a two-division champion, and makes it easier to sell him as one of the best fighters in the sport.

Given that the division get's scrapped, TJ shouldn't even bother to make weight.

I only realized that between these three, MM was the A-side.

The only thing that I can think of is maybe Dillashaw put his foot down and demanded he get the dual belt shot. He's been the UFC's boy way longer than Cejudo as far as saving cards and winning/defending belts. I could see Dana relenting to a Flyweight matchup on that basis alone.

Lol what? Literally has 1 defense against the same guy he beat for the belt.

TJ really is moving down for the fight. Its pretty clear now. DJ ducked TJ.

Perfect. I just wish they put both titles on the line. History

Gives Cejudo a slightly better chance, especially if TJ has a rough weight cut.
the-machinist.jpg

Wait....you mean Cejudo isn't going to try and enforce some kind of rule that Dillashaw needs a win at the weight class to challenge for the belt? Hmmm...certainly doesn't paint MM in the best of lights.

While this division is dead / dying, at least this should be an exciting fight.

Deleted the first thread as this one is clearer given that it has now been revealed that these two are fighting at flyweight. A dead division. Makes complete and total sense.

nospoon.jpg

So they are cutting 125lb division but having a title fight at the same time.

Maybe they are cutting the 135 lb division also?

Why are so many people complaining that it’s at 125? Even if it was at 135 they’re still manlets and you can’t tell the difference.

TJ will never miss weight.

He is far too professional, and he is already a small Bantamweight as it is. He packs on muscle to fight at BW. Also, he is a life long wrestler who is used to cutting and making weight.

TJ is one of the few fighters who acts and trains like a true professional athlete. He has all his bases covered from BJJ to Muay Thai to boxing to wrestling to diet and to strength and conditioning.

He invests basically all of his time into Martial Arts and the fight game, which is why he is so damn good.

Nah, he'll deliberately come in 5 pounds over, give up 20% of his purse, call Cejudo a pussy if he doesn't still fight, use the weight advantage to win.

He's a snake as well as a professional. Feed him to Conor.

I’m lovin the fights for 233, look forward to the event!!

How the fuck is TJ going to make 125 and still have a chin? Cejudo wrecks him!

Back