Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fighting for a belt in a division the UFC has already confirmed is being eliminated?

Mkay.

Have they confirmed that Flyweight is being eliminated? all I've seen are rumors.

I don't believe this,even by UFC standard its mental. Something has been lost in translation here.

Cant be more excited about TJ's hype train getting derailed.

Deleted the first thread as this one is clearer given that it has now been revealed that these two are fighting at flyweight. A dead division. Makes complete and total sense.

Lol. I am hoping Henry got paid for this fight. He basically insinuated that the $ had to be right for that fight on JRE. Its really pathetic if the UFC gave Henry a pay bump for this fight bit didnt DJ.

But agree, makes 0 sense considering they are scrapping the division. TJ should win this fight I think, hes a bigger version of MM with better wrestling but worse BJJ. But dont know how often Henry gets him down. But it wont be a BLOWOUT even if TJ ends up winning every round.

Weird tho

The one having the FW Belt will be cappable to say, i was the last UFC Flyweight Chmapion, sounds good, give the Person a Little more value.

Can Thrillashaw get that low?

Will be a rough cut id guess

Gives Cejudo a slightly better chance, especially if TJ has a rough weight cut.
Imagine if Henry wins ... like wtf the ufc going to put BW on even longer hold so he can move up since 125 ends but he'd already beaten the 135 champ.
Meanwhile Moraes just has to sit and watch. Cruz too will be legit after beating lineker and hard to argue deserves a title shot.

Fighting for 2nd title should be allowed if you cleared both divisions.

This double champ era is such a joke lol.

He suffered injuries from Cejudo. That means, Cejudo's striking was better.
First of all, that is an absolutely idiotic way to measure effective striking. Second of all both of DJ's injues were from something that he did, not Henry. His foot broke from kicking Cejudo repeatedly. His knee got fucked up when he failed a TD attempt. DJ clearly outstruck Henry and you are being ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Speed, maybe MM had an edge but not when it came to mixing it up.
DJ was faster everywhere. Clearly out paced Cejudo. Henry is just a top tier wrestler and was stubborn with his TDs. That had nothing to do with speed. That was all technique. DJ was clearly a step faster.

No way, MM was even in wrestling, he was taken down repeatedly, passed on and took GNP.
1) Henry went 3 for 11 on TDs throughout the entire fight. Failing the vast majority of TDs that he attempted on DJ.

2) He was also taken down by DJ round 3.

3) Henry landed a total 3 strikes on the ground. All of which were in round 4. None of these did any significant damage.

4) Henry was inactive on top and succeeded only in maintaining position.

The wrestling was extremely close with Cejudo edging it through solid positional control.

The only area MM excelled was landing leg kicks.
And striking at distance. And landing a much higher percentage of his strikes. And landing the more damaging strikes.

Last edited:
Weird. TJ went from joining a union to spite the UFC, to suddenly becoming there golden boy and having fights catered to him. They were determined to make the Mighty Mouse title fight despite Mighty's wishes. Now I'm guessing TJ want's some champ/champ bragging rights so they giving him this pointless fight too.

Last edited:
TJ will be the last ufc flyweight champ.. along with bw champ... sounds good on the resume...

If he wins he should push for a featherweight shot too.

ALL the midget belts!

Still picking TJ, makes no sense to make it at 125 though.

Disappointing fight. And why not just book it @ Bantamweight if you're gonna book it at all? It was just reported two days ago that Flyweight was being shut down.

What on earth would cejudo possibly have for dillashaw? He’lol got smacked around and bullied for a couple rounds before miragliotta peels tj off a half conscious cejudo.

Disbands the division then gives someone a title shot in that division? Cmon WME

Back