Breaking ...Canelo Alvarez tested positive for clembuterol

Damn, wonder how De La Hoya's gunna explain this one.

Dude didn’t want none of that GGG rematch after getting worked in the first one.

He should hire Brock Lesnar P.I. to get to the bottom of it.

Didn't Lesnar get to the BOTTOM of it BEFORE his fight last time ?

med_1405624619_image.jpg

I just read that the fight is still on. Wtf? Only in boxing.

Aren't they being randomly tested? They're in-camp at this point.

Look man, I really don't want to start debating hypotheticals with you. You are entitled to your opinion, but here are the facts:

- Canelo is a big weight cutter.
- This PED is associated with weight cutting.
- Canelo tested positive for a PED in his system.
- Plenty of guys have sophisticated teams and it takes forever (sometimes never) for them to get caught. Ex) Look at Mayweather for Christ's sake. The dude literally did something illegal with the IV situation. Doctors/experts came out and said there is no reasonable explanation to have that much saline pumped into your body unless you are severely dehydrated or you are flushing your system. What happens? Nothing. WADA gave him some ridiculous (paid for) retroactive exemption as said it was ok. Money talks. No different here in my eyes.

Neither you or I know exactly what happened because we don't hang out with Canelo. But for me personally, I find the "tainted meat/supplement" excuse to be complete horse shit in 2018. Just my two cents man. We can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
On BoxRec, fighters are listed as whether they are enrolled in some VADA program. I don't know the details, and it's probably not like USADA in the UFC, but it does sound like something more involved than the typical fight-night tests, i.e. some random tests.

Yes I am exaggerating here. Isn't strict testing optional in boxing? Mcgregor/Mayweather were supposedly drug tested via USADA for 1 or 2 months(?) leading up to the fight. But what good does that do if it isn't all year around. I am sure Brock Lesnar would be back full time if he didn't have to do all year around testing.

Look man, I really don't want to start debating hypotheticals with you. You are entitled to your opinion, but here is are the facts:
- Plenty of guys have sophisticated teams and it takes forever (sometimes never) for them to get caught. Ex) Look at Mayweather for Christ's sake. The dude literally did something illegal with the IV situation. Doctors/experts came out and said there is no reasonable explanation to have that much saline pumped into your body unless you are severely dehydrated or you are flushing your system. What happens? Nothing. WADA gave him some ridiculous (paid for) retroactive exemption as said it was ok. Money talks. No different here in my eyes.

Neither you or I know exactly what happened because we don't hang out with Canelo. But for me personally, I find the "tainted meat/supplement" excuse to be complete horse shit in 2018. Just my two cents man. We can agree to disagree.

The levels he tested positive for weren't judged to be performance-enhancing. Saying they found a "PED in his system" is misrepresenting the facts to fit your prognosis. There is nuance here.

I'm not saying Canelo is clean. None of these guys are clean. Obviously. But this is not the same as Ortiz popping for nandrolone.

What the hell. Who's the dork who made a duplicate thread and got my thread title changed?

There's some wrestler who's been popped more than once in WWE.

Not sure how the fuck that even happens considering half their salary is paid in steroids, but apparently it's possible

lol dead.

The levels he tested positive for weren't judged to be performance-enhancing. Saying they found a "PED in his system" is misrepresenting the facts to fit your prognosis. There is nuance here.

I'm not saying Canelo is clean. None of these guys are clean. Obviously. But this is not the same as Ortiz popping for nandrolone.

I am not misrepresenting anything. I never brought up Ortiz. I never said Canelo is some juice head.

I said, and here it is again; "Canelo tested positive for a PED in his system". There is nothing to debate here. You buy the excuse I do not.

And please stop with the BS "everyone is on something". That is exactly the type of fanboy logic that Jon Jones fans use.

Look man, I really don't want to start debating hypotheticals with you. You are entitled to your opinion, but here are the facts:

He wouldn't be cutting weight 2 months before the fight.

Same thing happened with Erik Morales. They'll just say they are keeping an eye on him and the fight will go on.

Back