BREAKING: $50 million Annual Superbowl Boxing Tournament Announced

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It will be every year like Superbowl and will be televised

Funded by Richard Schaefer and his Swiss investors

Holy shit this is gonna be a game changer if they can get PBC network support. I told you guys boxing should have an annual series and everybody on this forum called me a bum.

Two weight classes, 8 fighters per weight class. Starts in October 2017, championships in May 2018 for the Muhammad Ali trophy and I believe $50m.

I can see the big fighters joining this.
Welterweight has to be one of the weight classes. HW and WW

Two weight classes, 8 fighters per weight class. Starts in October 2017, championships in May 2018 for the Muhammad Ali trophy and I believe $50m.

I can see the big fighters joining this.
Welterweight has to be one of the weight classes. HW and WW
Schaefer said most likely not WW because it's starting to shape up.

He said 154 and/or CW

Man, if there is 50M prize @ CW, every Cruiserweight on the planet would be on board... lol.

Oh, and people call you a Bum, 'cause you're a Bum, this idea had nothing to do with it ;)

According to Big D, Showtime is I advanced discussions and is very interested in airing some of the fights

Awesome idea.

Won't work though.

This is nothing like the Superbowl.
Its marketing and organizing something thats fractured and poorly promoted. I love the idea.
Certain promoters merging
And the orgs finally working together
A lot of people mentioned this a few months ago including myself.
Keep in mind whenever you have hard dates like that injury and pull outs will derail things.

Why would they need PBC???? If they have everything working together like they say they do with the big $ investors they can shop networks on their own.

Holy shit this is gonna be a game changer if they can get PBC network support. I told you guys boxing should have an annual series and everybody on this forum called me a bum.
Too many fighters are going to be left out, IMO. People will complain about the fights and say everyone used it as an excuse to duck Golovkin or whoever is popular that week.

It's an interesting idea. I can see there being a lot of issues with it, but even with all the issues it could be a pretty cool format.

Someone made a thread about this the other day.

Asking if it'll ever happen again.

Man, if there is 50M prize @ CW, every Cruiserweight on the planet would be on board... lol.

Oh, and people call you a Bum, 'cause you're a Bum, this idea had nothing to do with it ;)

Cruiserweight would be the best division to do it at for the reasons you state.
That, and they give good fights.

Back