Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu no Longer Effective

Yes, Yair is supplementing his ‘arsenal’ with ground grappling and other stuff. Rodriguez’s style is erratic. He throws whatever comes to mind, repeatedly (and, sometimes, wildly). He sets a ridiculous pace -- and by some miracle, he's usually able to maintain that pace. Or at the very least, he's reorganized his opponent's vital organs with enough body kicks that even if he's tiring, Rodriguez looks more fresh than the other guy.
So he trains BJJ and/or no gi grappling, got it.

Last edited:
…oh yeah, here is my response to ‘jackass36767’, oh sorry, that’s ‘jack36767. Not really sure about where you come up with half the shit you write and you just like to get people roused up. Yeah, I can play that game but I’m not. I could sink down to your immature level but I’m not. Calling me a ‘bitch’ really hurt my feelings, I could not sleep for days.

I could call you a ‘little-punk-bitch’ who likes it in the rear, but I’m not going to do that. Feel free to click the ‘report’ button at any time. That’s what little ‘punks’ like you like to do.

I bet you have never been in a fight, set foot in a BJJ or MMA school. I bet you were a little bully or got bullied when you were in Junior High.

. “TS appears to be a thin skinned bitch and will argue or insult if people aren't nice enough but backtrack if they are nice.” Nope, I think I’m a big boy and can handle petty insults just as much as the next guy. I hate bullies and little asshole like you who hide behind a computer screen while insulting anyone.

. “TS has the example of one or two fighters for TKD but ignores the dozens for grappling examples in mma right now.” No dumb-ass, I wanted to discuss that particular fighter and video. I know there are hundred of fighters and videos out there. I’m sorry that you and a few others have the IQ of a brick.

. “He apparently thinks everyone here thinks you should pull guard in a street fight. And doesn't understand self defense.” That of course coming from someone who must be a 5th degree Black Belt and over 100 street fights under his belt.

. “And he thinks being Brazilian makes him an expert.” I have dual citizenship, being from Brazil doesn’t make me shit.

Last edited:
Awesome.

All the guys who sign up and take a class at the gym are going to start whipping my ass. Because, what I do all the time doesn't work. And what they're bringing to the table works better.

I'm pouring out some liquor tonight for the ineffective art that I study.

…oh yeah, here is my response to ‘jackass36767’, oh sorry, that’s ‘jack36767. Not really sure about where you come up with half the shit you write and you just like to get people roused up. Yeah, I can play that game but I’m not. I could sink down to your immature level but I’m not. Calling me a ‘bitch’ really hurt my feelings, I could not sleep for days.

I could call you a ‘little-punk-bitch’ who likes it in the rear, but I’m not going to do that. Feel free to press the ‘report’ button at any time. That’s what little ‘punks’ like you like to do.

I bet you have never been in a fight, set foot in a BJJ or MMA school. I bet you were a little bully or got bullied when you where in Junior High.

. “TS appears to be a thin skinned bitch and will argue or insult if people aren't nice enough but backtrack if they are nice.” Nope, I think I’m a big boy and can handle petty insults just as much as the next guy. I hate bullies and little asshole like you who hide behind a computer screen while insulting anyone.

. “TS has the example of one or two fighters for TKD but ignores the dozens for grappling examples in mma right now.” No dumb-ass, I wanted to discuss that particular fighter and video. I know there are hundred of fighters and videos out there. I’m sorry that you and a few others have the IQ of a brick.

. “He apparently thinks everyone here thinks you should pull guard in a street fight. And doesn't understand self defense.” That of course coming from someone who must be a 5th degree Black Belt and over 100 street fights under his belt.

. “And he thinks being Brazilian makes him an expert.” I have dual citizenship, being from Brazil doesn’t make me shit.

He's actually a d1 wrestler...

little asshole like you who hide behind a computer screen while insulting anyone.

This is the internet bro, everyone, including you, is hiding behind a computer screen.

1334060537122_7189230.png

Hey Nate, looking forward to the results of the Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez fight tonight. Won’t be watching the live fight but will catch the replay and news of the result later. Either way, looking forward to one of your T shirts. I was watching one of Jeff Glover’s video. Man, can that guy grapple. His ability to sense the center of gravity and openings between two opponents is amazing. His philosophy of having fun while grappling is absolutely right. You relax, breathe better, your muscles don’t tense up, and your reflexes are faster.

For those who are beginners and are struggling on the mat, those who lost a match, or just having a bad day, here is a great inspirational video (unrelated to MMA) to keep you moving forward. University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address - Admiral William H. McRaven. 10 lessons from U.S. Navy SEAL training.

* Also, too bad I can’t block some idiots from posting on my thread.

Last edited:
Jeff Glover, 34, Weight: 145 lb, Division: Featherweight, Team: Victory MMA, Rank: 3rd degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

LOL, hey ‘rmongler’ is that what you stick in your mouth or other orifice to go to sleep? Maybe you should take a dose of cement tonight…

LOL, hey ‘rmongler’ is that what you stick in your mouth or other orifice to go to sleep? Maybe you should take a dose of cement tonight…

You are like little baby.

lmfaooo..... the world isnt ready for tkd.... LMFAOO....

Maybe he should have worked on his BJJ a wee bit more

<{hfved}>

Wtf is going on in this thread. First it's about TS saying BJJ is basically overrated then later people are talking about Bruce Lee and then now TS posting random videos of Jeff Glover and motivational speeches?????

Also that sloth shirt is cool

Nate, your boy Frankie beat my boy Yair bad! I did not see the fight but read about how the two rounds went. Yair really sucked. I was really surprised by how bad Yair fought and how well Frankie fought. No BJJ joint lock submissions though and no good TKD kicks either. Man, I felt sorry for Yair, he had the shit punched out of him, and he worked so hard for the fight. Well, he will live to fight another day. I hope he learned some lessons from this fight. Yes, maybe he did need more experience, more time. But I was surprised that he was basically finished by the end of the first round.

You win the bet my friend. I will be buying one of your T-shirts. Don’t know if I can buy it online, but if not I will mail you a check. I’m sure the guys at my school will get a kick out of it.

Minnja, you are right! I guess the thread is branching out. It has a life of its own…no different from some of the other threads.

Nate, your boy Frankie beat my boy Yair bad! I did not see the fight but read about how the two rounds went. Yair really sucked. I was really surprised by how bad Yair fought and how well Frankie fought. No BJJ joint lock submissions though and no good TKD kicks either. Man, I felt sorry for Yair, he had the shit punched out of him, and he worked so hard for the fight. Well, he will live to fight another day. I hope he learned some lessons from this fight. Yes, maybe he did need more experience, more time. But I was surprised that he was basically finished by the end of the first round.

You win the bet my friend. I will be buying one of your T-shirts. Don’t know if I can buy it online, but if not I will mail you a check. I’m sure the guys at my school will get a kick out of it.

Minnja, you are right! I guess the thread is branching out. It has a life of its own…no different from some of the other threads.
I'll shoot you a message shortly.

So first, lol at the preemptive attempt to deflect some of the criticism that should be coming your way soon

I could call you a ‘little-punk-bitch’ who likes it in the rear, but I’m not going to do that. Feel free to click the ‘report’ button at any time. That’s what little ‘punks’ like you like to do.

I bet you have never been in a fight, set foot in a BJJ or MMA school. I bet you were a little bully or got bullied when you were in Junior High.

Second.. let's address this shit one by one
  1. You are an actual bitch for not actually quoting or @ me so I wouldn't know about your open letter until I read back through the thread when bored at work
  2. One thing I can say about myself for sure is that I don't just say shit to be inflammatory.. my opinions are my own and I look at the world different than most and alll my opinions have actual logic, experience and research behind them. And anyone who's been around in here awhile including people like Rage who I argue with all the time know I don't troll and stand by my assertions
  3. I've never reported anyone.. it says something that you're talking about tattling.. in my experience only little bitch snitches talk about tattling so soon
  4. Nope not a bully, youngest of 5 brothers. Middle school was awkward because I was awkward but that's most people's story
  5. Ok.. let's break this down: "hiding behind a computer screen" used my name multiple times, posted a technique video my name is on the YouTube channel of the technique vids I post from seminars and camps.. yes I have been in plenty of fights, also wrestled in college and yes I have stepped foot in and trained at a bjj school on and off for over 6 years... that's actually the most hilarious part.. what actual reasoning do you have for saying I haven't trained in a bjj school.. dumbass
  6. You're the one resembling a brick because what I said is you can't use the few unicorn fighters to predict the trends or the "way mma is going" and you've moved the goal posts multiple times during the discussion
  7. You have multiple times asserted that the people here don't understand, train for or do self defense or understand the deficiencies of sport bjj until called out and you reacted like a bitch then too
  8. Over 100 "street fights" um ok. Let's suppose for hilarity sake that you're telling the truth. Why the fuck you getting in so many street fights if you're so tough and not thin skinned and not a dumbass?? Hmmm
  9. Way to make my point for me about being thin skinned

1. Over 100 "street fights" um ok. Let's suppose for hilarity sake that you're telling the truth. Why the fuck you getting in so many street fights if you're so tough and not thin skinned and not a dumbass??

<{anton}>

Game. Set. Match.

Ok Jack here is my response to your argument:

1. You are an actual bitch for not actually quoting or @ me so I wouldn't know about your open letter until I read back through the thread when bored at work.

I quote if I want to. I prefer to copy and paste. Want me to notify you just send me your email.

2. One thing I can say about myself for sure is that I don't just say shit to be inflammatory.. my opinions are my own and I look at the world different than most and alll my opinions have actual logic, experience and research behind them. And anyone who's been around in here awhile including people like Rage who I argue with all the time know I don't troll and stand by my assertions.

Your first post on this thread was exactly that, inflammatory. I join this forum and was completely polite with my opinions, only to be met by people with 3 rocks to throw back. Shows your level of maturity. You can’t have a civil discussion without insulting someone. What if the tables were turned?

3. I've never reported anyone.. it says something that you're talking about tattling.. in my experience only little bitch snitches talk about tattling so soon.

Only little bitches write inflammatory comments. They usually have a low IQ so that’s all they can respond with.

4. Nope not a bully, youngest of 5 brothers. Middle school was awkward because I was awkward but that's most people's story.

5. Ok.. let's break this down: "hiding behind a computer screen" used my name multiple times, posted a technique video my name is on the YouTube channel of the technique vids I post from seminars and camps.. yes I have been in plenty of fights, also wrestled in college and yes I have stepped foot in and trained at a bjj school on and off for over 6 years... that's actually the most hilarious part.. what actual reasoning do you have for saying I haven't trained in a bjj school.. dumbass.

Plenty of shit instructors and shit schools out there my friend and you seem to be part of it. Any good well rounded individual doesn’t mouth off like you do.

6. You're the one resembling a brick because what I said is you can't use the few unicorn fighters to predict the trends or the "way mma is going" and you've moved the goal posts multiple times during the discussion.

You are only referring to part of what I wrote. Use the full quote. The point was that I believe that 50% of UFC fights do not end on the ground or with BJJ. Frankie certainly proved that last night against Yair. He won the fight by punches. I did not read about any great BJJ or TKD moves.

7. You have multiple times asserted that the people here don't understand, train for or do self defense or understand the deficiencies of sport bjj until called out and you reacted like a bitch then too.

I have not asserted any of the things you mention above. Actually there are only about 5 little bitches on this thread. You being one of them. The rest have been great to talk to and exchange ideas.

8. Over 100 "street fights" um ok. Let's suppose for hilarity sake that you're telling the truth. Why the fuck you getting in so many street fights if you're so tough and not thin skinned and not a dumbass?? Hmmm

I was being sarcastic you idiot.

9. Way to make my point for me about being thin skinned.

Now you know how it feels…
space.gif

Last edited:
Back