Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu no Longer Effective

Well what the hell where you talking about ? Which "combat system" where you referring to? The USA military sponsors football and has military academy cadets play the game because it is aggressive and requires team work. What type of game should they play instead?

Your posts are hard to read to be honest and I'm not sure if your are sincere or just here to argue for the sake of arguing.
He'll just post the guy eating popcorn gif and end his post with "LOL!" like a teenage girl. Not really worth even trying to have normal discourse with tbh.

He'll just post the guy eating popcorn gif and end his post with "LOL!" like a teenage girl. Not really worth even trying to have normal discourse with tbh.

Yup...That's the kind of stupid around here...

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

LOL!
'CFGroup' I think you'll get a kick out of this Tae Kwon-Do video...

Priceless...Though now my lady thinks I'm into kinky shit....Um....bad use of words...thinks I'm into more kinky shit than before....

LOL!

Well that link provided little to no information on Lee's boxing success in high school, but I did manage to dig up the following book which states his success in a 1958 boxing tournament between 12 schools in Hong Kong.

I thought you were referring to the second incident at the YMCA. Your link was very good. Thanks! Well, I think there is a lot of information out there, specially now with the internet. In the end people will have to come up with their own conclusions. What happened in UFC 01 was nothing new. You watched on the second video I posted. But back in the 60s no one was smart enough to market the stuff the way Dana White has done. Like I mentioned before, Royce Gracie was the top representative in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, the other opponents were not. White should have had the top competitor of each art show up for the tournament. Maybe the results would have been different. It was like matching a White Belt competitor against a Black Belt competitor. Just my opinion.

I literally have a headache from the effort needed to call bullshit on all of that crap.

A rough translation though
"I want to believe that the things that 'look' cool still work and will find any excuse or false machismo such as it's for da 'real' streets to justify it. And additionally I want to believe that the cool actor I watched in movies was legit so I don't feel dumb for obsessing over inferior or marginalized martial arts"

But hey, people will find a belief system and dogma whether or not they think they do

I thought you were referring to the second incident at the YMCA. Your link was very good. Thanks! Well, I think there is a lot of information out there, specially now with the internet. In the end people will have to come up with their own conclusions. What happened in UFC 01 was nothing new. You watched on the second video I posted. But back in the 60s no one was smart enough to market the stuff the way Dana White has done. Like I mentioned before, Royce Gracie was the top representative in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, the other opponents were not. White should have had the top competitor of each art show up for the tournament. Maybe the results would have been different. It was like matching a White Belt competitor against a Black Belt competitor. Just my opinion.

Royce was not Even the best of the family, let alone bjj in general... Not only that he was 170 pounds..

"The Blind Men and the Elephant"
It was six men of Sherdogstan to learning much inclined, who went to see the elephant (though all of them were blind), that each by observation might satisfy his mind each in his own opinion concludes that the elephant is like a wall, snake, spear, tree, fan or rope, depending upon where they had touched. Their heated debate comes short of physical violence, but the conflict is never resolved.

Moral:
So oft in theologic wars, the disputants, I ween, rail on in utter ignorance of what each other mean, and prate about an elephant not one of them has seen!

"The Blind Elephants and the Man"
Six blind elephants were discussing what men were like. After arguing they decided to find one and determine what it was like by direct experience. The first blind elephant felt the man and declared, 'Men are flat.' After the other blind elephants felt the man, they agreed.

Moral:
We have to remember that what we observe is not nature in itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.

"The Blind Men and the Elephant"
It was six men of Sherdogstan to learning much inclined, who went to see the elephant (though all of them were blind), that each by observation might satisfy his mind each in his own opinion concludes that the elephant is like a wall, snake, spear, tree, fan or rope, depending upon where they had touched. Their heated debate comes short of physical violence, but the conflict is never resolved.

Moral:
So oft in theologic wars, the disputants, I ween, rail on in utter ignorance of what each other mean, and prate about an elephant not one of them has seen!

"The Blind Elephants and the Man"
Six blind elephants were discussing what men were like. After arguing they decided to find one and determine what it was like by direct experience. The first blind elephant felt the man and declared, 'Men are flat.' After the other blind elephants felt the man, they agreed.

Moral:
We have to remember that what we observe is not nature in itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.
....K....JGS...

I'm just riffing off the top of my head about training drills that's being interpreted as being or existing in a specific style.

My experience is way beyond one style and is looking at ways to challenge and improve on specific points of vulnerability...

Hence the idea of 10 training attackers in rapid succession against an MMA fighter to see how they respond. Put a BJJ guy in with 3 opponents. The Aikido guy against a couple of strikers. The point is to take training outside the comfort zone to build strategies to cope....In metaphorical terms "To see more of the elephant"

And I gotta leave my tag...

LOL!

Jeff Glover and the ‘Climbing Armbar’. Ok, this move is awesome and very hard to do. Distance, timing, and speed, and a lot of things can go wrong. Has anyone here ever done one of these in a tournament or in class? I don’t think too many folks have the speed and agility Glover has…

Last edited:
Well if we're posting random shit,

• The Guardians of the Galaxy 2 opening scene with Baby Groot ((I won't spoil it except to say it's adorable) might be the best opening credits sequence ever created an I'm not using hyperbole
  • After subbing elementary a basic requirement for parents should be that your child can tie his/her own shoes and zip up his/her own jacket.. by 2nd grade.. please
  • Elementary schools desperately need more male teachers
  • Teachers shouldn't have to spend over 500 dollars to get a license in another state if they're already certified in another
  • The UFC won't survive long term if they keep up this "money fight" obsession and participation trophy interim belt nonsense
  • "progressive" hipsters who spend hundreds a week at Whole Foods and Gentrified area bars but don't actually do charity or donate unless it gets likes on FaceBook are hypocrites of the highest order
  • White college students who protest the "1%" or the "evil oppressive western culture" (especially at places like Yale and Harvard) who are already members of the world 1% or will be part of/join the elite 1% and want to be categorized as oppressed are even worse hypocrites
  • Matt Hughes bjj might be some of the most underrated in UFC history
And btw Jeff Glover is extremely athletic and talented and uses it to get away with a lot of his still very good technique, so he doesn't really work as an example of a smaller nonathletic person using just magical technique and chi to beat larger opponents not using strength as Saint Helio taught

Jeff Glover and the ‘Climbing Armbar’. Ok, this move is awesome and very hard to do. Distance, timing, and speed, and a lot of things can go wrong. Has anyone here ever done one of these in a tournament or in class? I don’t think too many folks have the speed and agility Glover has…

Plus an opponent like a deer caught in the headlights!

LOL!

The guy freezes like "what the fuck is this?" and doesn't even try to turn into the defend.

Fucking Monkey climb arm bar.

Good 1!

Gotta leave my annoying "Are U not entertained" tag...

ayne.gif

LOL!

Back