Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu no Longer Effective

MOS?

The thing with JJJ is the theater of combat is different. 2 guys squaring off and feeling out openings is going to lead to faints and grip fighting.

JJJ is a combat theater system. Many opponents in chaotic conditions where DLA (Direct Line Attack) with momentum become a factor.

Send 10 guys running at speed against a sport fighter and he's overwhelmed after the 2nd guy. That's the conditions that combat systems are made for.

Not that they train with that intent for the most part, but you have to identify the TC(Theater of Combat) to criticize the system.

LOL!

Imagine Judo grip fighting in feudal Japan with 6 hundred combatants going at it.

... You have 10 guys going at you, your dead.

It dosnt matter what the hell the system was design for, what matter is what's the result of it, if you have 1 single guy that has a good takedowns, and you don't grapple for real, your ass is going down.

Last edited:
... You have 10 guys going at you, your dead.

It dosnt matter what the hell the system was design for, what matter is what's the result of it, if you have 1 single guy that has a good takedowns, and you don't grapple for real, your ass is going down.

Jesus Christ U r fucking dull whited.

U have the cognitive reasoning of a stone.

JJJ worked for the setting it was designed for or it wouldn't exist!

Grappling works for the setting it's designed for!

If you train for one theater with a system that it was NOT designed for, of course it ISN'T GOING TO WORK!

Wow, just stay with what you've admitted being an expert at..

I'm not moving anything. The conversation turned towards waki gatame, so I put up a video showing waki gatames in competition. I like to keep grappling in threads on the grappling forum as much as possible.

HOW you train matters just as much as WHAT you train.

I'm curious do you think move like waka gatame would be a lot more prevalent if more grappling competitors practiced it?

MOS?

Send 10 guys running at speed against a sport fighter and he's overwhelmed after the 2nd guy. That's the conditions that combat systems are made for.

Not that they train with that intent for the most part, but you have to identify the TC(Theater of Combat) to criticize the system.

LOL!

Imagine Judo grip fighting in feudal Japan with 6 hundred combatants going at it.

That sounds like hockey or American football. I've seen quaterbacks knock down or avoid several other players when making a touchdown.

In contrast moat aikido is the 1v1 scenario

Last edited:
Jesus Christ U r fucking dull whited.

U have the cognitive reasoning of a stone.

JJJ worked for the setting it was designed for or it wouldn't exist!

Grappling works for the setting it's designed for!

If you train for one theater with a system that it was NOT designed for, of course it ISN'T GOING TO WORK!

Wow, just stay with what you've admitted being an expert at..

That is What you do you, not me... Every single martial art is "design" to do xxxxxx thing, thing is, as soon as shit goes down, it's all about good old punches kicks tackle, that's the reality of life, I know it sucks to admit your pathetic life has been wasted doing some worthless shit, then again, that's life...

I'm curious do you think move like waka gatame would be a lot more prevalent if more grappling competitors practiced it?

That sounds like hockey or American football. I've seen quaterbacks knock down or avoid several other players when making a touchdown.

In contrast moat aikido is the 1v1 scenario

Yet again the exception proves the rule in your logic. You've seen quarterbacks avoid players and score a touchdown. Yes but a thousand times more you've seen quarterbacks run through a bunch of players and get tackled. Why would you have a defense at all if you've seen quarterbacks run through players way more than them get stopped?

Sorry the lack of cognitive reasoning with Sherdoggers is hard to take seriously.

LOL!
That is What you do you, not me... Every single martial art is "design" to do xxxxxx thing, thing is, as soon as shit goes down, it's all about good old punches kicks tackle, that's the reality of life, I know it sucks to admit your pathetic life has been wasted doing some worthless shit, then again, that's life...
God U r fucking stupid!

I'm not saying X art is effective in Z arena, holy shit can't you get that through your brain?

I'm not claiming JJJ is going to be effective in a ring or glorified school yard scuffle setting. I'm not claiming that the way it's trained is "real" enough.

Can your stunted IQ at least understand that?

I'm getting some snacks and settling in for the two RAGE brain cells rattling around up there to accidentally bump into each other and produce a moment of understanding...

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

What do you mean
Was unsure if you liked my post because of the alt comment or the on topic portion...

Thought maybe I was right about the alt.

What unit?

A few, U.S. Army, last one was a tour with the 490th Civil Affairs Battalion in Iraq. My first MOS was 11B (Infantry) and later 38A (Civil Affairs). I enlisted right out of college as a private and later went through OCS for a Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Infantry.

Was unsure if you liked my post because of the alt comment or the on topic portion...

Thought maybe I was right about the alt.

Ughhh I'm too lazy to scroll back

Scratching my head, I think you need some English lessons BJJ. You completely misread what I wrote. Go back and give it another try…

Big Jack, thick-skinned, big man on campus, Division II wrestling at Pennsylvania State University. What was it that you wrote earlier about not being able to join the military because you were in college. You could have put college on hold and joined the fight my friend. We could have used your help, but I guess wrestling was more important. Isn’t college were draft dodgers went to avoid the draft during the Vietnam War? Your little ass was saved since we now only have an all volunteer military. After 9/11 I had already been in the military for 13 years and heading to Afghanistan. That’s were real men went, but you decided to stay back and roll with the boys on the mat…
Lol. First, post actual video evidence. You trying to attack my manhood won't distract me from the fact that you shockingly don't have actual evidence

And alright.. let's break this dumbassery down..
1. wrong school and division but we both know you deliberately said that wrong because you have the mentality of a 10 year old

2. Me deciding to get an education has no correlation to suburban pussies draft dodging a different war over 50 years ago. If the draft was being used. And I had been drafted I would have gone without any complaint or resistance. Being from the trailer park and broken family my options were limited. I had an opportunity to pursue a dream. I took it.

3. You misunderstand, i would have had no problems serving or doing what was necessary. It's possible to join the military or serve and do a good job without blind patriotism or being hurt like a three year old to find out Uncle Sam doesn't give a damn about me and get disillusioned after I leave

4. Why "should" I have enlisted before College? You waited till after college to start. I graduated in 2010 there was no patriotic reason to join unless taking and occupying countries for oil or opium production counts as defending the flag? Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with America doing what is necessary to be on top and there's no need for liberal guilt. But if I choose to join the military it will be for pragmatic reasons or to help my counties agenda not for some blind slogan or idiotic patriotism

5. Once again I'll reiterate. The draft didn't save me from squat. In fact, I will take being drafted and risking my life over even considering being a weekend warrior doing "summer camp military" that would get sent get sent to get blown up by IEDs

Your pathetic attempt to both demean me and distract from the fact you have no evidence for your akido bullshit beyond anecdotal stories with no proof is beyond embarrassing.
1. Your attempt to appeal to my sense of civic duty?
-I'm a teacher dumbass,unless teachers aren't important and shouldn't be valued..
2. Trying to demean my masculinity or courage for not enlisting instead of going to college or say it was cowardice
-it was a pragmatic choice and chance to pursue a dream. It's not really cowardice when it was a hard decision not made till the last week I had to decide. And I was/am going to "serve" my country by either serving or teaching

And again, post some actual evidence artard

We just want brain to win out over brawn.

The funny thing about this, and the precise problem i've noticed over the years, is that the sort of people who bang on the most about things like 'smarts trumping strength'... tend to also have some of the dumbest ideas around wrt actually smart strategies in combat sports. Tend to be clueless and uninteresting when actually trying to have an actual conversation with them about actual fighters in actual competition; their games, their prospects, their match-ups.

You can see that sort of hipsterish attitude fairly often in this corner of the martial art world too, especially in bjj. The subject has come up in the past in other threads as well.

What is it really i wonder? A defense mechanism? A cry for help? Signal hacking so as to compete for status without actually having any actual 'goods' to signal?

As of late i tend to lean more and more towards option 3.

Basically the essential problem is that people (pseuds) big on the whole 'brain vs brawn' false dichotomy, the ones who say things like 'technique should over come '''attributes'''', need to have some level of blindness or incomprehension of reality, so as to dispute the effectiveness of those self-same 'attributes', and hence their value in their minds. Such people tend to also be, well, dumb. Hence, the irony of their posturing.

Last edited:
Yet again the exception proves the rule in your logic. You've seen quarterbacks avoid players and score a touchdown. Yes but a thousand times more you've seen quarterbacks run through a bunch of players and get tackled. Why would you have a defense at all if you've seen quarterbacks run through players way more than them get stopped?

Sorry the lack of cognitive reasoning with Sherdoggers is hard to take seriously.

You're not making any sense and contradicting yourself. You're the one that said it was possible for someone skilled in aikido to take on 10 guys. Now that I say I've seen football players do that, you point out that most of the time the QB gets tackled and he needs other players to protect him. Why would it be any different in feudal japan or in an aikido school? AIkido isn't a team sport. Most of the drills are 1 v1, with no resistance. Now Kendo is a sport and is trained with resisting opponents, but you haven't mentioned that.

I've noticed that for each martial art you've mentioned doing i've pointed out that there is another sport that would probably fit you better.

Mauy Thai has kicks and punches but doesn't require painful spinning motions like TKD you say hurt your hip

BJJ has throws, armbars and chokes but the rule set is more forgiving and less time is spent break falling.

Football requires tactical thinking as well as teamwork. There is an opportunity for one truly heroic player to take on multiple lesser opponents. Now it is kind of hard on the body so soccer might be better

Kendo requires wearing medieval armor and hitting people with bamboo swords.

Last edited:
The funny thing about this, and the precise problem i've noticed over the years, is that the sort of people who bang on the most about things like 'smarts trumping strength'... tend to also have some of the dumbest ideas around wrt actually smart strategies in combat sports. Tend to be clueless and uninteresting when actually trying to have an actual conversation with them about actual fighters in actual competition; their games, their prospects, their match-ups.

You can see that sort of hipsterish attitude fairly often in this corner of the martial art world too, especially in bjj. The subject has come up in the past in other threads as well.

What is it really i wonder? A defense mechanism? A cry for help? Signal hacking so as to compete for status without actually having any actual 'goods' to signal?

As of late i tend to lean more and more towards option 3.

Basically the essential problem is that people (pseuds) big on the whole 'brain vs brawn' false dichotomy, the ones who say things like 'technique should over come '''attributes'''', need to have some level of blindness or incomprehension of reality, so as to dispute the effectiveness of those self-same 'attributes', and hence their value in their minds. Such people tend to also be, well, dumb. Hence, the irony of their posturing.

Well said.

You're not making any sense and contradicting yourself. You're the one that said it was possible for someone skilled in aikido to take on 10 guys. Now that I say I've seen football players do that, you point out that most of the time the QB gets tackled and he needs other players to protect him. Why would it be any different in feudal japan or in an aikido school? AIkido isn't a team sport. Most of the drills are 1 v1, with no resistance. Now Kendo is a sport and is trained with resisting opponents, but you haven't mentioned that.

I've noticed that for each martial art you've mentioned doing i've pointed out that there is another sport that would probably fit you better.

Mauy Thai has kicks and punches but doesn't require painful spinning motions like TKD you say hurt your hip

BJJ has throws, armbars and chokes but the rule set is more forgiving and less time is spent break falling.

Football requires tactical thinking as well as teamwork. There is an opportunity for one truly heroic player to take on multiple lesser opponents. Now it is kind of hard on the body so soccer might be better

The only reason that a QB doesn't get tackled by 10 guys 100% of the time is the rules . They can't take out his knees or go too low or risk severe penalty. So essentially it's like bumper cars, but with people . Still impressive that a qb can evade at all , but in the " streets" there would be no such rules to protect his ass.

In fact, I will take being drafted and risking my life over even considering being a weekend warrior doing "summer camp military" that would get sent get sent to get blown up by IEDs

Ok Jack, you must have stayed up all night and a good 24 hours putting that bit of information together. Man, you and BJJ just don’t know when to let up. It’s like a dog chasing its tail. BJJ was the one that posted you were a Division II wrestler at Penn State. I already ‘taped out’ and let you win one argument before, but you just keep coming back for more. It’s like OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Tell me, what does posting a stupid video prove? You can find YouTube videos to prove any argument. How legitimate is the video? How good are the people in the video? If BJJ was represented by a weak fighter other than Royce Gracie back in UFC 01, the guy would have lost and none of this BJJ hype would exist today. Believe what you want, I don’t give 2 shits.

A lot of people didn’t serve in the military, and that’s fine with me. You though come across as the ‘alpha’ macho type, all powerful, no fear individual, so I figure you would put your money where your mouth is and go prove it outside the mat. You are the one that brought up the military topic and mentioned your family’s military background. By the way, what exactly do you teach? What level?

“I will take being drafted and risking my life over even considering being a weekend warrior doing ‘summer camp military’ that would get sent to get blown up by IEDs.”

I would be very careful about that statement Jack. Complete disrespect for dead American Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen. There is nothing wrong with the National Guard or the Reserves. Most are made up of Active Duty folks who are trying to complete their 20 years and retire with benefits. When in theater they were no different from the Active Duty guys, in fact some were even better.

An 18 year old American soldier being blown up and killed by an IED is nothing to joke about. Go to Walter Reed Hospital or a Veteran’s center and tell them your thoughts. Let me know how that turns out. Have you ever seen the results of what an IED does to the human body? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you never served a day in uniform. That kid had more ‘balls’, courage, and sense of duty than you will ever have. He was defending his country while you were wrestling, drinking, and chasing pussy. He was out there so you did not have to be. Curios to see what the response to your stupid statement is going to be. No sense of respect for the dead or patriotism. Just like that little ‘bitch’ 2nd string quarterback who took a knee during the National Anthem. Now he can’t get a job anywhere.

“I graduated in 2010 there was no patriotic reason to join unless taking and occupying countries for oil or opium production counts as defending the flag?”

The enemy is still out there Jack only now it is called ISIS. We still have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. ISIS is killing Christians, Americans, women, and children. Raping women and children. Decapitating and burning people alive. You are still young, there is still time to join.

Ok Jack, you must have stayed up all night and a good 24 hours putting that bit of information together. Man, you and BJJ just don’t know when to let up. It’s like a dog chasing its tail. BJJ was the one that posted you were a Division II wrestler at Penn State. I already ‘taped out’ and let you win one argument before, but you just keep coming back for more. It’s like OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Tell me, what does posting a stupid video prove? You can find YouTube videos to prove any argument. How legitimate is the video? How good are the people in the video? If BJJ was represented by a weak fighter other than Royce Gracie back in UFC 01, the guy would have lost and none of this BJJ hype would exist today. Believe what you want, I don’t give 2 shits.

A lot of people didn’t serve in the military, and that’s fine with me. You though come across as the ‘alpha’ macho type, all powerful, no fear individual, so I figure you would put your money where your mouth is and go prove it outside the mat. You are the one that brought up the military topic and mentioned your family’s military background. By the way, what exactly do you teach? What level?

“I will take being drafted and risking my life over even considering being a weekend warrior doing ‘summer camp military’ that would get sent to get blown up by IEDs.”

I would be very careful about that statement Jack. Complete disrespect for dead American Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen. There is nothing wrong with the National Guard or the Reserves. Most are made up of Active Duty folks who are trying to complete their 20 years and retire with benefits. When in theater they were no different from the Active Duty guys, in fact some were even better.

An 18 year old American soldier being blown up and killed by an IED is nothing to joke about. Go to Walter Reed Hospital or a Veteran’s center and tell them your thoughts. Let me know how that turns out. Have you ever seen the results of what an IED does to the human body? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you never served a day in uniform. That kid had more ‘balls’, courage, and sense of duty than you will ever have. He was defending his country while you were wrestling, drinking, and chasing pussy. He was out there so you did not have to be. Curios to see what the response to your stupid statement is going to be. No sense of respect for the dead or patriotism. Just like that little ‘bitch’ 2nd string quarterback who took a knee during the National Anthem. Now he can’t get a job anywhere.

“I graduated in 2010 there was no patriotic reason to join unless taking and occupying countries for oil or opium production counts as defending the flag?”

The enemy is still out there Jack only now it is called ISIS. We still have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. ISIS is killing Christians, Americans, women, and children. Raping women and children. Decapitating and burning people alive. You are still young, there is still time to join.

State Department bluetribesmen don't actually want ISIS to go away, or any other foreign terrorist group really; they are perfect proxies for the 'regime changes' they love so much, and are some of their best chips in their sectarian competition with the Pentagon redtribesmen after all. The more redtribesmen that get blown up by IEDs, the happier they'll be. Hell, they'd love to bring em over stateside even to do the job even faster, but alas, such measures have so far at times proved troublingly difficult to swing by the sometimes intransigent natives.

Christ this thread is actually embarrassing to read now. It's making the the War Room look like mature discourse.

Christ this thread is actually embarrassing to read now. It's making the the War Room look like mature discourse.
Just days ago someone posted a thread on BJJ stating that it solves ego issues. :p

No lol, I was working, is that ok? Or should I just become a parasite or say any job that doesn't pay 80,000 is "beneath" me. I knew my response instantly. And my comment about the weekend warrior thing was that if I was going to serve it was going to be as soldier actually doing something not waiting to get blown up the way regular reservists tour of duty tends to be. Which is what actual well balanced soldiers who served over 3 tours have told me. I didn't say shit insulting or dimishing veterans. And that QB is a dumbass

My degree is in secondary education, I'm subbing currently due to having just moved. I hope that is acceptable to your moving goalposts. Or the fact I work with kids from low income neighborhoods when coaching. But hey, those kids are useless unless they serve

In college I didn't party or really chase pussy I was focused on my goal and working when not training or studying but I should've known my place as a trailer park boy and not tried to better myself. Should have just enlisted

Once again, you keep using trying to insult my masculinity to avoid the fact every other legitimate art has actual video evidence.

And no it's not that I'm the "macho man" you're accusing me of. I know my shit about martial arts and fighting and I watched you react to any criticism with Tantrums and insults. For such a "well balanced" experienced mature adult you have reacted to any criticism like a 4 year old and had to resort to bullshit anecdotal stories and insults to my masculinity because I dared to challenge you. And asides from no evidence you only focused and jumped in the military thing and none of my other points i made about this whole discussion I made not rudely, because your lil feelings were hurt

And yes. We're actually "fighting" ISIS while we fund and give weapons to the Saudis who find and support ISIS not to mention the fact we may be supporting them directly to act counter to Iran and Russia

Honestly I don't care anymore. Except for the fact there will be people that get hurt because they'll have been taught bullshit instead of how to fight.

Holy shit I did NOT!

WTF?

This is what I wrote!

"Send 10 guys running at speed against a sport fighter and he's overwhelmed after the 2nd guy. That's the conditions that combat systems are made for.

Not that they train with that intent for the most part, but you have to identify the TC(Theater of Combat) to criticize the system."

How does that identify Aikido?

IT DOESN'T!

I need to go back to watching the idiocy that is Sherdog...

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

...because the lack of actually reading what people post is so low I'm starting to feel like....

lard1.gif

From the stupidity!

Try to bring the most basic logic to a MMA stupid fight...

3yZy-gfPiRLqkp0h61GYiTNRNgaGASvYlLoeuMPmFsZ5CCG6hs8DFe72EkKwvV70NZabNMkId1BMxtHMyNoyjxRtpELXeo-kYyTEAegh8nfH4YhhgONhRrMfsZM3vRwc3yWiPxnQ

Back