BRAWL IN CELL BLOCK 99 from Bone Tomahawk Writer-Director (Update: Out Now on VOD)

So, is this more Bone Tomahawk or Hobo with a Shotgun?
Bone Tomahawk. This movie builds and then unloads everything in last 15-20 minutes basically the same way. Bone was the better movie, imo.

Based on the trailer I think I saw for this and the writer/director I will give it a shot.

Based on the trailer I think I saw for this and the writer/director I will give it a shot.

It's worth watching alone for the very last frame of the movie.. epic as fuck .. alpha as ass

I'm about halfway through right now. It's a slow burn so far, but it's not terrible.

I actually just saw this a few days ago.. Not worth it for a 2hour 10 minute watch. There was nothing spectacular about the movie, everything was dull.

Vince is great as usual, but I'm sorry to say, this movie basically sucked.

5.5/10.

Shot Caller is about a 9/10 movie. Watch that instead.

looks like garbage.
if I get that bored, I'll rewatch one of the Boyka movies

It’s okay. The story is pretty nonsensical, and the movie’s watchability relies heavily on its violence. Bone Tomahawk was way superior.

is it better than Shot Caller, which I hoped would be good but turned out to be drivel

If you're looking for the next citizen Cain, this ain' it, but if you like grind gritty no shots wasted nihilstic don't give a fuck film making this is for you.. It's beautiful in all colour.

I nearly teared up at one point.. baby call.. fucking great stuff .. if you didn't like this you're a pussy and should go back to watching sjw bullshit on you tubes

I will say it was a change of pace for Vince Vaughn. However, the script was meh, even for a straight action movie. Furthermore, as a "former fighter" , Vince Vaughn's character wasn't convincing. He was supposed to be a boxer and he fought sloppily.

Its the same director that did Bone Tomahawk.

Which was incredible.

I need to check it out. Its not on netflix is it?
its on amazon prime, saw it there, its also on bittorrent :)

very cathartic watching vince go hulk for some reason. this is probably what a hulk movie should be.

I couldn't get into it because the second half is completely absurd. No real life prison is set up like a dungeon, there's no cells with non-functional toilets, no shock belts, no "VIP" inmates playing cards in a special section, there's no snatching keys from guards, and certainly no getting away with it for like 10 minutes. I guess people who like this movie were just looking for something fun, don't care about disbelief.

Without spoiling the storyline too much.

Put it this way,
The main character have a better chin than Prime Mark Hunt.
Frank Mir-ed Big Nog more than Frank Mir on Big Nog.
Story plot is as interesting as GSP pre-fight review on his opponent.

I watched, like it. 8/10 as a popcorn flick.
3/10 as a film itself.

If it was a women's prison I might watch.

Back