Branko Cikatic

Heikki Mustola

Slightly Psychotic
@Brown
Reaction score
I moved to another country and now have been without internet for often enough. For that time I have watched plenty of fights that I have on my computer and saw Branko Cikatic vs Ernesto Hoost there and it got me thinking... What is going on with Branko nowadays? How good was he as a kickboxer? I know that he beat Ernesto Hoost by KO but dont know much more. Here is a video.

[YT]zhxs2VfgDto[/YT]

But anyways, I decided to check him on wikipedia. I remember hearing something controversial about him here or K-1 fans, dont remember. I think that I heard that he had assaulted someone, but I also think that I might be confusing him to someone else. Maybe to Morkevicius? I do remember reading that he did assault some lady indeed.

Anyways. Wikipedia says that he was the first K-1 World GP Champion (!), also the oldest one. Wiki says that he not only knocked out Ernesto Hoost, but he did it twice.

However, he seemed to be quite dirty as a fighter. He fought against Ernesto Hoost 3 times, first time he lost by disqualification. This is what wiki says about his MMA career

"He extended his athletic resume to include mixed martial arts in 1998, fighting in the Pride Fighting Championships. His PRIDE debut was fought against Ralph White under K-1 rules format. Cikatić lost via disqualification after kicking the head of the downed White. Cikatić returned at Pride 2, fighting under MMA rules and facing Mark Kerr. He was again disqualified after holding the ring ropes when Kerr attempted a takedown, refusing to let go when directed by the referee, running away through the ring ropes, and delivering several illegal elbows to the back of Kerr's head. His next fight at Pride 7 ended in a submission loss to Maurice Smith by forearm choke."

He also tried acting.

I haven't heard about him that often in the forums, or maybe I just haven't payed attention. So I wanted to ask here, how good was he really? Whats going on with him nowadays?

His pro record is said to be 87 Wins (82 knockouts), 5 Losses, 1 Draw and this about his amateur career

Total 170

Wins 152

By knockout 138

Losses 15

Draws 3

Seemed like he had plenty of power...

Branko's a legend and was one of the best HW kickboxers ever. He was a scary, scary man.

Cikatic and Sapp were Ernestos worst nightmare.

Rumor has it he used to participate in underground fights that were to the death. He allegedly even tried to get CroCop to participate in an event (not against him).

his fights with Longinidis was all ways good

He was a tough guy but a bit slow for today. He reminds me of many Australian/Southern Hemisphere kickboxers. Cro Cop was better in my opinion.

Ernesto was a technician but not such a tough guy one on one. Certainly a top 3 though.

This is from a Croatian news article in 2014
cikatic_648236S1.jpg

http://www.jutarnji.hr/ekskluzivno-...i-otjerali-u-grob--a-biznis-unistili/1174892/

Basically politics, bad luck and a short temper all got the best of him.

He was a tough guy but a bit slow for today. He reminds me of many Australian/Southern Hemisphere kickboxers. Cro Cop was better in my opinion.

He did seem bit slow and even slightly sloppy for my eyes. But he did seem to have that punching power for sure...

This is from a Croatian news article in 2014
cikatic_648236S1.jpg

http://www.jutarnji.hr/ekskluzivno-...i-otjerali-u-grob--a-biznis-unistili/1174892/

Basically politics, bad luck and a short temper all got the best of him.

Has he had some problems with laws? Assaults or anything?

Shady character, dirty fighter, had early success in MT and kickboxing.

Cikatic was solid in kickboxing/MT. The K-1 GP in 1993 was stacked, and he won. Says a lot.

Has he had some problems with laws? Assaults or anything?

Basically, it's his security company and related troubles. Most of people in these parts of the world (Balkans) running security companies are shady characters, connections to the underground and such. Cikatic is no different, if there is 1% of truth in the rumors.

Cro Cop and Cikatic had a turbulent relationship, Branko giving Cro Cop his entrance to K-1 and Japan, CC allegedly (according to Branko) busting up younger kids in training and hanging out with bad man, Branko allegedly (according to CC and one other guy) ordering a hit on CC and his manager etc etc.

Some things went south, most of the people that know the story think the reason is Cikatic being envious of CC and his success in Japan. But it's probably mostly about the money, as CC and his manager at the time were planning on organising a K1 tournament in Croatia, which IMO Branko thinks he should've been a part of. Again, just my opinion.

Cro Cop refuses to talk about the relationship, and i know they were having a court case against each other for along time, don't know the outcome.

Anecdotal rumor: my MT trainer (opened a gym next to my house, nothing serious, just recreational MT) was previously training under him. When he opened his "gym", he asked Cikatic if people from our gym could qualify for the national MT team. Cikatic implied "not unless some money comes into my pocket".

He had indeed a great killer instinct.

Bit too great it seems with those DQ losses where he (according to texts) seemed to go almost crazy :F

Shady character, dirty fighter, had early success in MT and kickboxing.

Cikatic was solid in kickboxing/MT. The K-1 GP in 1993 was stacked, and he won. Says a lot.

Basically, it's his security company and related troubles. Most of people in these parts of the world (Balkans) running security companies are shady characters, connections to the underground and such. Cikatic is no different, if there is 1% of truth in the rumors.

Cro Cop and Cikatic had a turbulent relationship, Branko giving Cro Cop his entrance to K-1 and Japan, CC allegedly (according to Branko) busting up younger kids in training and hanging out with bad man, Branko allegedly (according to CC and one other guy) ordering a hit on CC and his manager etc etc.

Some things went south, most of the people that know the story think the reason is Cikatic being envious of CC and his success in Japan. But it's probably mostly about the money, as CC and his manager at the time were planning on organising a K1 tournament in Croatia, which IMO Branko thinks he should've been a part of. Again, just my opinion.

Cro Cop refuses to talk about the relationship, and i know they were having a court case against each other for along time, don't know the outcome.

Anecdotal rumor: my MT trainer (opened a gym next to my house, nothing serious, just recreational MT) was previously training under him. When he opened his "gym", he asked Cikatic if people from our gym could qualify for the national MT team. Cikatic implied "not unless some money comes into my pocket".

Thank you! Appreciated man, great stuff and lots of info. had no idea he had his own security company. I figured that he fell out with Crocop but didn't really know about it, just guessed. This post gave me lot to think about so thanks for that!

He is probably the meanest, dirtiest, scariest, most inhumane sadistic killer I have ever seen in any sport.

He was a bit slow but he was such a great technical fighter, super tough and could put ANYBODY to sleep.

He had such world class skills but couldn't keep from being dirty. After dominating Ralph White and sending him to the canvas he throws an axe kick if I remember correctly to a downed opponent. This was a kickboxing match, not an NHB fight. I have no idea why he felt the need to do that when he was clearly going to take the win. Its almost like he was trying to show everybody how bad he was.

So the Japanese match him up with Mark Kerr at Pride 2. It was literally the two guys that nobody in the world wanted to fight. Unsurprisingly, Kerr shoots for the immediate takedown. The elbows that Branko rained down were very lethal. Only problem was he was holding onto the ropes and downward elbows were illegal! Now if he were to sprawl and throw those elbows or pull guard and throw them, he could absolutely generate some massive power. He was a true true striker. A very good K1 kick boxer but he never really learned the intricacies of grappling.

The outcome is that he was relased from all the bullshit charges. Alot of people on this forum are talking out of their ass. How i know all that? Because i read the court files myself.The so called witness was Đino Zekan that made everything up. Mental case that was involved with Vinko Martinovic "Stela" Croatian goverment had to pay back huge money for locking up Branko for nothing. I cant believe how some users still dare to make things up. Next year IFMA Muay Thai European Championship is organised in Split,Croatia thanks to his reputation. As i said he is still very active , runs the Croatian Muay Thai Federation and every championship Croatian fighters pick up few gold medals.

I am going to address every lie that i just read on this thread starting with this"

-Rumor has it he used to participate in underground fights that were to the death. He allegedly even tried to get CroCop to participate in an event (not against him).

NOT TRUE. THE MAN IS EUROPEAN, WORLD AND K1 CHAMPION. No events like that exist in Croatia and if you gonna write the "rumor" at least write it properly and where you got it from. It was mentioned by Mirko that they were going to fight in cage surrounded by barbed wire. You want me to put a copy of the interview aswell for you? :icon_lol:

Taurus :Anecdotal rumor: my MT trainer (opened a gym next to my house, nothing serious, just recreational MT) was previously training under him. When he opened his "gym", he asked Cikatic if people from our gym could qualify for the national MT team. Cikatic implied "not unless some money comes into my pocket".

Once again complete bullshit. Every year there is a muay thai championship in Croatia where figthers get selected from different clubs in Croatia. Now i dont understand if your trainer is into "recreational MT" how can request or demand to be on Muay thai team if the fighters are low quality and not engouh ring time. 70% of fighters that Branko takes to competition they return with medals. Znam isto tako da razumis hrvatski ajde napisi ko ti je trener i sta je reka. Dolazit na americki forum pisat gluposti je dno dna. Nemoj mislit da mozete dolazit odi i pisat gluposti kako vam padne napamet.To je proslo sve se sad prati. Neces ti ni nitko vise rusit ugled i cast gospodina Branka Cikatica.

Heikki this is the offical youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSL66ZgPp9mFSAAfvzn4YWw and whenever you have internet stop by to see some power from Croatian Tiger.

I stand by my post, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. I have no reason to lie, as I am impartial to this topic and all the actors involved, while you evidently are not (having court files, you're either family or one of his fighters). I stated that most of it is rumors. Learn what "allegedly" means.
I didn't mention similar rumors, such as Cikatić his crew jumping Zvonimir Lucic outside of a restaurant and similar. Also, i didn't mention other side of the coin such as Lučić and the croatian government taking Cikatić's security business apart. I stated i don't know what happened in the trial.

Funny you accuse us of not citing sources and talking out of our ass, when you do the exact came thing. Cherry picking facts and missing the point seems right up your alley.
What does MT championship (your post) have to do with national MT team (my post)?

Now for the croatian part.

Frende, ja sam na ovom forumu dugi niz godina (ne ponosim se tim, ali eto, istina), i da, sudjelujem u temama koje se tiču hrvatskih K-1 i MMA boraca. Ne impliciram da znam sve o tome, ali nešto sitno znam.

Cikatića poštujem kao borca, ne toliko kao osobu (kompletno isto vrijedi i za Mirka, da ne bi mislio da sam ja na jednoj ili drugoj strani). Ostalu ekipu kao Lučić i Zekan i ostali nit znam niti me zanimaju. Ne znam zašto ti mene optužuješ da sam došao ovdje blatiti Cikatića, rušit mu ugled i čast (čovjek bi rekao da pričamo o Stepincu, ne o Cikatiću), nit sam otvorio ovaj thread, nit sam ga blatio, samo sam rekao što ja zasad znam i razjasnio da, pošto nisam akter u toj priči, prenosim glasine.

That said, nemam ja kome, pogotovo tebi, objašnjavat tko je meni bio trener, da li je pro, amater ili rekreativac, a pogotovo šta je on meni rekao (uostalom, već sam rekao što mi je rekao, ako si pismen, pročitaj. Da mi je još nešto rekao, i to bi napisao). Znamo i ti i ja da je to istina. Isto tako, to (mito, korupcija i nepotizam) je istina u svakom sportu (pogotovo repke) kod nas, pa ne razumijem zašto te to toliko uzrujalo, osim ako si u zabludi što se događa oko tebe.

Bez uvrede tebi i velečasnom Cikatiću, ja ću sa svog accounta pisat što god ja hoću, ako to mislim. Ovo je javni forum, gdje ljudi izražavaju svoje mišljenje. Ako imaš dokaze da nešto od toga što sam ja rekao nije istina, stavi ih, dovoljno sam odrastao da mogu priznat svoju pogrešku i reći da sam "pričao iz svoje guzice". I ne bi htio nekome, bez obzira dal mi je drag ili ne, rušit ugled i čast.

Pozdrav,

T

Settle down Branko... also get some fighter tags.

Taurus last time when evidence and material was attached here on this shit forum they took it down and banned the account. So much for the chance to even disclose what actually happend/ Look at this idiot above me he thinks its Branko writting this hahaha. :icon_lol: a stari moj cim se ti pucas da je meni znat

uyyy.

Calling you Branko is a quip about your enthusiastic white knighting on Branko's behalf.

Do you even internet bro?

Over and out. Lol.

g9S5F04.gif

Let's switch back to english, so that other people can see what you're on about. I wish i had the time to translate your full answer but i really don't. And quite frankly, i'd feel a lot dumber writing that.

First things first. Calm your tits.

Second, you didn't prove to anyone absolutely anything. It's all your words (mostly ignorant and incoherent ramblings) and opinions, without any merit behind it. I asked what does MT championship have to do with national MT team? You answered "Everything. Because you're lying that Branko is taking bribe". I fail the see the answer in this. How is that even connected? And also, for who knows how many times, i said it's a rumor.

Thirdly, all caps=serious business. Don't yell, improve your arguments. Arguments such as "to go into further debate with you is pointless" and "this is truth" don't go a long way. Let us hear your truth. Of course this is rhetorical, because only the key players know the real truth, and there is (to my knowledge) no evidence to either side.

Lastly, just try to understand i didn't attack your hero. Just listed some rumors. Just be thankful i didn't list all of the rumors connected to him.

send the files, stored on a site like jumbomail, on my PM. I won't tell the mods.

Settle down Branko... also get some fighter tags.

lol.

I am nowhere in the ring. I never had a single fight. As i said, i trained (as in the past) recreationaly. Where did i imply i had any achievements in sport, especially muay thai?

I didn't see the court files. Send them...

Actually, you know what? Don't. I'm done wasting my time and energy. You bring nothing to the discussion. You're words are making everyone in this thread dumber, just by reading them. Go away.

No time to spend here day and night like yourself. You must be very proud of your 100000 posts :icon_lol:

You just keep trying to save face don't you?

I've been here for over 12 years. It's not even three posts a day.

Thanks for the link though even if it's a little hard to read.

No one sees what you mean. I can't talk about him because i'm not a pro fighter? Go figure...

Ministry of Interior and Courts does not exist. I'm quite sure that's from a book similar to Harry Potter. That would imply you could actually read with comprehension, which, obviously, is not the case.
There is a Ministry of Interior, which does not partake in court cases. There is a Ministry of Justice, that also doesn't partake in court cases. There is, however, a Department within the State Attorney's Office that does. And of course, courts. Definitely not Ministry of Interior and Courts.

i kind of recognize the pattern here.
tumblr_mdm840ElIb1qhnavvo1_500-youramoron_zps955ae8c8.gif

Back