Brand New has released a new album

Joe Wong

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if there are any fans in here, but I find Brand New to be some of the best in the business as far as lyrics and passion go.

They just released their 5th LP. I recommend giving it a listen.

Really enjoying this song.

Not sure if there are any fans in here, but I find Brand New to be some of the best in the business as far as lyrics and passion go.

They just released their 5th LP. I recommend giving it a listen.

Really enjoying this song.

My wife is a big fan. On record I listen to them from time to time but they aren't a band on heavy rotation for me. With that said I really enjoy them live and go see them with my wife every time they tour around here

Never got the hype. Loved their style on Sic Transit Gloria, but haven't heard any of their other stuff that was as heavy.

My wife is a big fan. On record I listen to them from time to time but they aren't a band on heavy rotation for me. With that said I really enjoy them live and go see them with my wife every time they tour around here
They have some really good stuff. I don't think they have one song that I don't like. Never seen them live but they'd be on my list.

The new album is good btw. Seems like some of their fans don't like it, but i did.

Never got the hype. Loved their style on Sic Transit Gloria, but haven't heard any of their other stuff that was as heavy.
Yeah they definitely aren't a heavy band by any means. I do like their stuff more that incorporates the screaming.

Yeah they definitely aren't a heavy band by any means. I do like their stuff more that incorporates the screaming.
I'm glad someone else sort of feels the same way. Every fan of theirs I've known is just "ZOMG EVERYTHING THEY RELEASE IS GOLD"

First half of the record fucking slays. But some of the latter songs are kinda meh for me, at this point. Gonna keep giving the whole thing a few more spins before I make any final judgements.

First half of the record fucking slays. But some of the latter songs are kinda meh for me, at this point. Gonna keep giving the whole thing a few more spins before I make any final judgements.
I felt that same way. Some of the later songs definitely have a sound to them that I'm not quite use to. They were alright though.

Been jamming the fuck out of 137. Dark song too.

Enjoying the new record. Favorite tracks are Desert, Waste, and Same Logic so far.

Devil and God is one of my favorite of all time. I don't think this comes close to that one but it's better than Daisy.

Have you listened to any of the 2 albums after Deja Entendu? Much heavier than that record as a whole and really perfected the soft/loud style from Sic Transit Gloria.

The Devil and God are Raging inside me is quite a bit heavier and darker than Deja Entendu... and Daisy probably even more so although I'm not a big fan of most of Daisy. Science Fiction is definitely more mellow so probably not your style. Check these ones out though

Update, science fiction gets better with every listen. Incredible album Imo.

Back