Brad Tavares Injured & Out Of TUF Finale vs. Israel Adesanya; Thiago Santos Potential Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't bump it to fuck with you, bra. I couldn't find anything conclusive online about whether Tavares was in or out and was in a rush and thought somebody here might be able to clear it up in the small window of time where I had WiFi access.

I didn't bump it to fuck with you, bra. I couldn't find anything conclusive online about whether Tavares was in or out and was in a rush and thought somebody here might be able to clear it up in the small window of time where I had WiFi access.
He’s in...

He’s in...
Thanks :) Tavares is a better test for Adesanya but less entertaining for fans. Sure, Santos is a bit of a glass cannon but people seem to forget how fuckin' hard the guy hits.

Thanks :) Tavares is a better test for Adesanya but less entertaining for fans. Sure, Santos is a bit of a glass cannon but people seem to forget how fuckin' hard the guy hits.
Think both would have been entertaining. Both also have questionable chins so Adesanya could flash KO either

I FUCKING KNEW IT!! I am feeling so smug right now because I fucking predicted it.
I predicted Tavares would magically become injured.

Predict every main event will be cancelled and you'll be right 80% of the time. Pulling for Stipe/DC and Holloway/Ortega but the odds they stay together aren't great.

Predict every main event will be cancelled and you'll be right 80% of the time. Pulling for Stipe/DC and Holloway/Ortega but the odds they stay together aren't great.
?!! Knock on wood asshole

All the hard work is done... only way someone pulls out now is a failed test or a Ferguson level catastrophe

Tavares is a big step up in competition. I feel like his game plan will be to smoother Israel with a wrestling based game plan, i feel like he will through rangy loopy shots to close the distance and take Israel down or shoot as Israel is coming in.

I'm not sure if Israel has the wrestling, or grappling cardio to keep up. But regardless, obviously if it stays standing Israel is definitely a class above Brad and other MWs as he was a proper professional kickboxer competing at the top level in Glory.

Tavares is a big step up in competition. I feel like his game plan will be to smoother Israel with a wrestling based game plan, i feel like he will through rangy loopy shots to close the distance and take Israel down or shoot as Israel is coming in.

I'm not sure if Israel has the wrestling, or grappling cardio to keep up. But regardless, obviously if it stays standing Israel is definitely a class above Brad and other MWs as he was a proper professional kickboxer competing at the top level in Glory.
Yeah they really pushing Israel hard, especially considering he didn't look great his last bout.

wow thiago santos is a way better fight

Far more dangerous than Tavares imo, That's why Dana was stressing on Thiago they want to bring up Isreal not get him completely crushed.

Should have got Joker Hermanson

I like this ^^^ thought, I like it a lot Joker as been very, very, good to me.

Holloway Ortega especially, seeing as you are dealing with one guy who failed to cut to 155 his last time up and another very large 145'er who will be going lower than any other time in his life and has been busted for roiding. It will actually be great seeing D.C. not have to cut and both he and Stipe are reliable, not to mention the fight is not receiving insane hype - and insane hype events like TFerg/Khabib and Jones/DC types seem to fallout more often.

Far more dangerous than Tavares imo, That's why Dana was stressing on Thiago they want to bring up Isreal not get him completely crushed.

I like this ^^^ thought, I like it a lot Joker as been very, very, good to me.
Santos is a more dangerous striker IMO but not as good a fighter. Tavares is like Marvin 2.0 and just real well rounded. It is a definitely a litmus test to see if Adesanya is the real deal. I personally think he might be able to win but will get crushed by the likes of Weidman, Jacare and other elite middleweights.

Fml i was makin money on Tavares winning this. Thinking about going to this event but scared one of top 4 will drop out. I can see ortega not making championship weight.. felder was a better fight than Yancy maybe they will give me someone else to beat raw Israel.

Yeah they really pushing Israel hard, especially considering he didn't look great his last bout.
He talks mad shit, which is obviously helpful in selling yourself but if they chuck you in the deep end you better be able to swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back