***Brad "One Punch" Pickett SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Brad, I'm a big fan.

First question is what's your favorite striking techniques and your favorite submission techniques? Also, what's your strength and conditioning consist of?
thanks mate.
For me its an over hand right, or left hook, upper cut.
favourite submission would be many variations of a guillotine
strength and conditioning wise, its more about explosive power with cardio.

Hey Brad, I was an Arsenal fan for 20 years of my life, but the tide has now turned and I'm now a massive fellow Spurs fan!

Is this the year we finally finish above those muggy Arsenal mouth breathers?

WENGER OUT lmao

256D6A6400000578-3020012-image-a-32_1427820828419.jpg

He's one of our own!

Aside from that, do you have any outside interests not related to fighting that you want to pursue?

YIDO! YIDO! glad to see you you've seen this light. if we dont finish above Arsenal this year, then i'll support them next year :) (that will never happen lol)
for me now im focusing on family, coaching and opening my own gym....thinking about taking up golf too!

YIDO! YIDO! glad to see you you've seen this light. if we dont finish above Arsenal this year, then i'll support them next year :) (that will never happen lol)
for me now im focusing on family, coaching and opening my own gym....thinking about taking up golf too!
So Spursy, the overconfidence. :p Though this year it would be quite shocking if it happened again. Best of luck on what your future holds.

Hi Brad, Ive been a fan for a long time now and was cheering hard at the O2, so close to getting that W.

Whose been your favourite fighter to watch and if you could fight one fighter regardless of weightclass, who would it be?

P.S I would love the Brad One Punch Pickett shirt, I was seeing around the O2, send me one please <{RoseRun}>
favourite fight to watch currently has to be Conor....i love his fighting style and how charasmatic he is outside the cage. but old school would be genki sudo......but i think favourite of all time would be anderson silva.
if i could fight anyone , i know he's dead but it would have to be Bruce Lee
its been amazing support from the fans getting my last dance t-shirt, only got a few left now and you can get them on my website www.onepunchpickett.com
Thanks mate

Always a fan mang! Hope to see you fight again soon and get that W.

Cheers!

Hey Brad asked you a question at the Belfast Q and A when I gave a shout out to sherdog.

I met you the next day in JD sport. Can you tell me how it felt when me and my grey sweater took to the mic?

Also congrats on a great career. I only talked to you for 2 minutes but I could tell you are a great person.

20161120_141849.jpg
that moment changed my life and made me the man i am today......

LAD!!!

Arsenal are a pathetic club and I found supporting them for the last decade was just giving me more misery and pain. I just look and laugh at all the muggy Arsenal fans I see now. They just moan all the time! Wenger Out Wenker in etc I needed a clean break. To Dare is To Do, exciting times for the future.

Good to hear, wish you the best. The Grove in Watford is a great golf course, you probably need to pay a fair bit but you deserve to treat yourself after the career you've had. Have fun.

YIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Always a fan mang! Hope to see you fight again soon and get that W.

Cheers!
I'm going to springboard off this, lol.

Is there anything that could get you to come out of retirement for another go, @Brad Pickett ? I know you just called it a career...but BJ has done it like three times now :D

One Punch, thanks for taking the time, mate, and congrats on an incredibly entertaining career!

Here's the scenario--you're given 5 minutes alone in a cage with Jack Wilshire, anything goes. How does a fight with the little gobshite play out, and what do you do with the remaining 4 minutes of your time?

Your fellow Spurs fans would enjoy a play-by-play.

@Carl Drogo

tumblr_np84g7REAv1sqjlzlo1_250.gif

A bit of pre-fight motivation, in case you need it.
i'd have to make it slow and painful so id defintely take up the full 5 minutes
probably do an arm bar on each arm followed by a heel hook on each leg and then choke him out unconscious and then drop my pants and lay a cleveland steamer right on his chest

Hey Brad. Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan and you have nothing further to prove in this sport. I mean, you fucking ragdolled Mighty Mouse and popped his loss cherry.

WAR PICKETT!!

Brad-Pickett-Wins.png
thanks alot mate, that was a great day and a good story for the grand kids!

Hey Brad,

Quick question regarding your success in MMA. What is the biggest advice you have for someone who is pursing MMA as a career? Thanks in advance!!

What is the hardest part of training/training camp? And how do you think training in the future will advance? Do you think hard, Wanderlei Silva sparring is done for in mma?

Welcome, Brad. Thanks for so many memorable fights.

What are your plans post retirement? Do you have any interest in coaching or anything like that? Do you even have a plan, or are you just going to take it easy and let it all soak in for awhile?
thanks alot mate,
defintely going to stay within the sport in many roles. one being coaching.....looking to open my own gym in south london.
have a few other business ventures i'll be persuing..also at the moment i have my own podcast called 'the one punch podcast' on itunes....if you'd subscribe and give it a listen the support would be much appreciated.
i also have my own fight show which I'm going to focus on alot more called ROC (rise of Champions) which is a great platform for young proffesionals and amateurs to grown

Hey Brad.
Would you agree that Paolo Maldini is the greatest defender of all time? If not, who?
I know @Tules loves Ashley Cole but I consider him to be quite overrated (like most english players tbh).

Cheers.

Brad you beat Demetrious Johnson in 2010 which is a very impressive name in your win collection. Only you and Dominik Cruz have beaten him. Is DJ your best win? If not, who is?
thanks alot mate,
obviously DJ is the most noteable win.....although at the time i didnt get much credit as it was back in the WEC.
other wins that Im really proud of are Ivan Menjivar and my knock out of Yves Jabouin

Do you like to tell people that you beat the pound for pound best fighter in the world?

Thanks for all the fights, best of luck in retirement.

Last edited:
Who'd say no to free cash ey?

One more question.

What gym would you recommend if someone was to start doing BJJ or even boxing around London?
BJJ i would say go to Urban Kings in Kings Cross. Jude Samuel is the coach and a very good coach indeed.

Boxing, i'd go to Peacock gym in Canning Town

Hi Brad! Great to have you on Sherdog. Always enjoy watching your fights.

I was wondering being from England do you follow cricket? Who is your favorite player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back