Brad Dourif is money in every movie he appears in

I wonder how he feels about the state of the Child's Play series.

He keeps coming back to do the voice of Chucky. Is that because he likes the creative direction of the last few films or does he just want the money?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how he feels about the state of the Child's Play series.

He comes coming back to do the voice of Chucky. Is that because he likes the creative direction of the last few films or does he just want the money?

He was in Gingerclown, and is running a Lance Henriksen like streak of movies almost exclusively with a sub-5.0 IMDB rating. He's gotta work for a living.

Jeff Bridges too, Clancy brown and Micheal rooker. All solid actors. We appreciate them as we age and revisit old classics.

Rooker is a B actor in the majority of films he's in, and his constant raspy yell is a sad and desperate shtick.

He was in Gingerclown, and is running a Lance Henriksen like streak of movies almost exclusively with a sub-5.0 IMDB rating. He's gotta work for a living.

It's fairly well known. Especially after his turn on Deadwood I'm surprised he has to continue to appear in shitty movies to make a living. I wonder if he just enjoys working.

In any case, I still would like to know his opinion on where the Child's Play franchise is today.

Rooker is a B actor in the majority of films he's in, and his constant raspy yell is a sad and desperate shtick.

*rasps petulantly*
tumblr_miecy44nSi1r2acrxo3_250.gif

He was billy bibbit in one flew over the cuckoos nest, this guy is severely underrated, and cuckoos nest was his film debut and he put on that type of performance and got nominated for an Oscar in his first movie, its weird how he never blew up and became a super star actor after this, dude just burst on the scene got tons of praise and then was relegated to smaller roles and bit parts and character roles, its a shame.

Dourif is excellent in the episode of the X-Files that he guest stars in, I forget which episode, "Somewhere Beyond The Sea" or something like that, I do know it was in season 1. If you are a fan of his go out of your way to see this episode it's worth watching for his performance.

Also seen him in a great episode of Tales From The Crypt recently, alongside Bill Paxton. Can't remember the name of the episode but it was a good one, season 5.

Season 3 has Peter Boyle in a similar themed episode 'clyde bruckmans final repose' that's another great guest role.

225cba9ade7f3357385b45be6c96219f.jpg

Michael Wincott deserves a mention, too. Top 5 GOAT voices in movies.

He made a pretty good Wormtongue
brad-dourif-lord-of-the-rings-grima-wormtongue-brad-dourif-212562.jpg

Also, how did Theodon not realize this guy was bad news with a name like that...

He's underrated. Done some excellent work over the years.

He was billy bibbit in one flew over the cuckoos nest, this guy is severely underrated, and cuckoos nest was his film debut and he put on that type of performance and got nominated for an Oscar in his first movie, its weird how he never blew up and became a super star actor after this, dude just burst on the scene got tons of praise and then was relegated to smaller roles and bit parts and character roles, its a shame.

A lot of very good actors from that time period did great work (and even got Oscar nominations) but never became household names. Burt Young, Vincent Schiavelli, Joe Spinell, Michael V. Gazzo, Al Lettieri, Carol Kane, Paul Winfield, Lance Henriksen, etc., etc.

A lot of very good actors from that time period did great work (and even got Oscar nominations) but never became household names. Burt Young, Vincent Schiavelli, Joe Spinell, Michael V. Gazzo, Al Lettieri, Carol Kane, Paul Winfield, Lance Henriksen, etc., etc.
that era was the real Era for acting and cinema, these were legit Thespians all classically trained or well honed and loved their craft.

Now you no longer had to go to the actors studio, Julliard, or theater academy to show you were the goods, you just get famous off youtube and get an agent or reality show.

that era was the real Era for acting and cinema, these were legit Thespians all classically trained or well honed and loved their craft.

Now you no longer had to go to the actors studio, Julliard, or theater academy to show you were the goods, you just get famous off youtube and get an agent or reality show.

giphy.gif

Back