Boycott Optics Planet and X-Products

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by alanb, Feb 20, 2018.

1. alanb

alanb Brown Belt

Take a look at this below and ask yourself whether you want to buy from these people.

Optics Planet

[​IMG]

TTAG is reporting that Optics Planet sent out an e-mail explaining that they are no longer selling standard magazines (more than 10-round cap).
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-planet-stops-sales-high-capacity-magazines/

X-Products

[​IMG]

Owner's wife is fundraising for Bloomberg/Soros "Everytown." Apparently the CEO himself posted a detailed proposal on his own FaceBook page for a licensing scheme and talks about how the "privilege is nearing a tipping point":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Info procured from ARFCOM
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2082761/?
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2082619/?

2. Ash E Larry

Ash E Larry God D@mn I love me!

Their right to sell what they want, our right to buy what we want, its a beautiful fucking thing man.

3. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

Why don't they just get out of business altogether? They're just signalling hard against their own line of business, alienating their customers, it's not going to do a bit of good either way.

mike sherry and VitorReem like this.
  4. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Steel Belt

@RerouteToRemain posted a clarification by Optics Planet in another thread. Said the problem was being in Illinois and not them trying to make some moral stand. This X-Products guy can suck a dick though. And his wife can suck mine. :cool:

5. VitorReem

VitorReem Geralt of Rivia

I’m with you man fuck these pussies. Catering to the complete opposite of their customer base.

Robocok and Jonathan Mohr like this.
  6. RerouteToRemain

RerouteToRemain Silver Belt

alanb and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  7. uncommon

uncommon Brown Belt

If i got 13% off their razor hd spotter last week does that mean i have to give it back?

8. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

WTF is X-Products?

9. RerouteToRemain

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. alanb

alanb Brown Belt

http://www.recoilweb.com/official-s...larkey-in-response-to-controversy-135210.html

x products released a statement and it is some serious back pedaling.

I believe firearm ownership is inalienable right and we should be allowed to own all types of firearms. As a community, it is our civic duty is to enforce responsible gun ownership and make improvements to systems that protect those rights. Continually, our community is under immense pressure to address problems that are difficult to debate. There is an innate fear of dealing with repercussions of the public when addressing these hot button issues. I also believe that if we continue to avoid these issues, legislators will draft laws that are unfavorable to the 2A community. As an industry member I felt obligated to present a process that systematically reinforced ownership, eliminated registration and allowed unlimited ownership of new NFA weapons. The goal of my post was to illicit thought and provoke discussions. These points were meant to be argued, and contested, with an end goal to find a positive solution that protects our rights and safety of US citizens. I apologize for calling the 2nd Amendment a right and a privilege, it is a god given right, however if we do not work together and openly discuss solutions we will continue to have our rights chipped away.

MALARKEY’S RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS ASKED
    RECOIL: James has been quoted as saying that firearm ownership is a ‘privilege’ and he outlined a licensing system that would further regulate firearm ownership.
    Malarkey: Please see my public Statement ” I apologize for calling the 2nd Amendment a right and a privilege, it is a god given right, however if we do not work together and openly discuss solutions we will continue to have our rights chipped away.”

RECOIL: A woman named Amanda Razey-Malarkey has been identified as James’ wife by another media outlet. In a December 28th post, she calls for donations to Everytown for Gun Safety instead of gifts for her birthday. Is this, in fact, the CEO’s wife and does James support her actions in calling for donations to a gun control group?
    Malarkey: My wife makes her own decisions, I do not consult her or recommend the charities she contributes. (Please remove her from any further commentary)

RECOIL: Does James still feel as though magazines should be subject to “some kind of licensing” and does X-Products stand behind James’ belief that a licensing system would “weed out a lot of crime?”
    Malarkey: Please read my original post in it’s [sic] entirety. It was written to parallel today’s laws, with some stipulations, while allowing us unlimited access to new manfactured [sic] NFA items.

RECOIL: Has X-Products turned off reviews and is actively screening comments on their Facebook page? It appears that potential customers have questions about the above issues and are not able to make those posts or receive input from X-Products as a result.
    Malarkey: People are more than welcome to comment on the pages or send us messages.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/official-s...onse-to-controversy-135210.html#ixzz57msA2Zx8

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  11. Gregolian

Fuck that guy, shit he made was gimmicky as fuck anyways.

HockeyBjj and Mungoose like this.
  12. Lord of Lies

Lord of Lies Brown Belt

"As such he DOES NOT reflect the views of X Products".

Uh, isn't he the CEO? I hope that company fails now. If you want a drum for your AR, buy the Magpul one.

HockeyBjj, Reyesnuthugr and Gregolian like this.
  13. Gregolian

More like if you want the drum, smack yourself in the face, save your money and buy a bulk pack of 30 rounders.

Mungoose and jlagman like this.
  14. Cubo de Sangre

Or 20's and 40's. All my ammo comes in 20 round boxes. Loading only half a box triggers my OCD. :eek::D

Stoic1 and Gregolian like this.
  15. Gregolian

I will never understand that. It triggers mine too which is why I try to buy ammo in things that are divisible by a 3.

So my minimum round purchase is three 20 round boxes.

16. RerouteToRemain

Load 2 30 rounders at once pouring 3 boxes into a pile

17. Cubo de Sangre

That's way too much advance planning. Besides, 20's are better for bench and if you wanna go big then those Magpul 40's are friggin' sweet. :cool:

HockeyBjj and RerouteToRemain like this.
  18. Mungoose

Mungoose Kitty Whisperer

It’s coming eventually guys. Even folks who have financial incentive to be pro 2nd amendment are turning against us. The groundwork is in place. When this generation of youngsters grow up they will have already been indoctrinated against firearm ownership. When their kids grow up gun ownership will be on its deathbed. It wont be a gun grab, but a slow play. A long-con if you will.

19. Cubo de Sangre

Time to boycott Dick's.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/dicks-spo...nger-sell-120903254--abc-news-topstories.html

This shit always sounds stupid.

If they're staunch supporters of something is certainly isn't the 2nd Amendment.

Post Mortem and RerouteToRemain like this.
  20. Lord of Lies

Lord of Lies Brown Belt