Boy scouts to admit girls. Why?

When you don't know who you are, anything goes.

Real men who aren't insecure in their sexuality or threatened by female empowerment, probably.
And by "real men" you mean the ones that are allowing masculinity to die. Apathy is a dangerous thing.

Membership numbers are down.

Therefore, find a way to get more members.

The Boy Scouts is a better run organization. They do more interesting things too. I like it and I don't.

First off, it's much more convenient to enroll my daughter and bring her to the same meetings and activities as my sons. I also just like it better than the Girl Scouts and think the outdoors stuff they do is far superior.

That said, it's the loss of a male place, of which there are fewer than ever before. I like sending my kids somewhere where he can be a boy with other boys and have male role models. Adding girls changes the chemistry.
you think boy scouts leaders are good male role models?

You seem to not know what the boy scouts is. It's not the anonymous camp scouts of America.
so you'd send your girl to boy scouts, but you wouldn't send your girlfriend in the woods alone with that creepy yellow carded anonymous poster on a karate forum? #exposed

so you'd send your girl to boy scouts, but you wouldn't send your girlfriend in the woods alone with that creepy yellow carded anonymous poster on a karate forum? #exposed

Yeah, that post seemed to be a declaration of want.

Umm, there are more skills than shooting guns and robotics. I fail to see the problem with girls getting taught the skills that scouts teaches.

Do you think the Scouts will require girls to piss standing?
<6><6><6>
Iwe have changed schools in recent years. We have eliminated contact sports dramatically reduced p.e and otherwise have gotten rid of traditional methods to deal with the aggression of young boys. The result a spike in ADD and other behavioral diagnosis. Even the books chosen for public school.are geared to what girls prefer which has done great for increasing female reading ability to the disadvantage of boys.

The Boy Scounts should start becoming interested in protecting boys and less about being modern. Boys simply don't do as well when you cater to female preferences.

Iwe have changed schools in recent years. We have eliminated contact sports dramatically reduced p.e and otherwise have gotten rid of traditional methods to deal with the aggression of young boys. The result a spike in ADD and other behavioral diagnosis. Even the books chosen for public school.are geared to what girls prefer which has done great for increasing female reading ability to the disadvantage of boys.

The Boy Scounts should start becoming interested in protecting boys and less about being modern. Boys simply don't do as well when you cater to female preferences.

I agree, but who said the Scouts is doing that?

I don't know the first thing about boy scouts or girl scouts. I just saw this on the news. Why are girls joining the boy scouts? Why would a girl even want to join the boy scouts?

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/boy-scouts-will-admit-girls-allow-them-earn-eagle-scout-n809836

Good idea? Bad idea? Pros? Cons? Is it unacceptable for boys to do boy things and girls to do girl things?

the article says "cub scouts." slightly different than boy scouts....so im not sure what exactly is going on.

i think the idea at least, is kinda dumb though. why cant girl and boy scouts do their own thing? BUT...i also dont think its anything to be outraged over. how many girls are REALLY going to join boy/cub scouts? 7?

This is the stuff the liberals said would never happen 20 years ago. This was thought of as way out of bounds

Just imagine what's next.

I swear Pedophiles will be accepted eventually
Bro they can't help their urges, they are jusy doing what comes natural to them

The parents of scouts go with them a lot of the time. And your last sentence makes no sense, because this is not just some guy who I've never met camping with my daughter. Goddamn what a stupid thing to say.

When I was in scouts it was usually 2-3 adults for 30ish children. Personally I wouldn't let a daughter go camping with a couple dozen boys and only a couple of adults to supervise.

This is the stuff the liberals said would never happen 20 years ago. This was thought of as way out of bounds

Just imagine what's next.

I swear Pedophiles will be accepted eventually

Best as I can tell the Boy Scouts have historically been pretty tolerant of pedophiles. They just recently stopped trying to ignore and bury accusations of abuse by leaders. They and the Catholic Church have a lot in common in this area.

Best as I can tell the Boy Scouts have historically been pretty tolerant of pedophiles. They just recently stopped trying to ignore and bury accusations of abuse by leaders. They and the Catholic Church have a lot in common in this area.
And Hollywood, and the Democrat Party, and the public school system, and NCAA football.

BTW, what is your source on the Scouts tolerance of pedophilia? This is news to me.

Wow, there's a lot of stupid arguments in this thread. The skills that Boy Scouts teach are awesome and should be learned by boys and girls alike. There's nothing manly about the shit they do. But a big focus of the Boy Scouts was to have a safe space for boys to be boys and have a man to guide them, I think that is a great thing as well and you're going to lose a piece of that with this. I think there's plenty of room for a comprise though and having events where the boys and girls get quality time together as separate groups will fix that aspect. The problem here is that there's a real effort to tear down gender and gender roles, which has some merit but is taken to a ridiculous extreme by a very vocal minority at the moment. This will be about destroying the concept of gender altogether for them and that is just foolish.
I disagree. I think the boy scouts are learning necessary skills to be a man. It is manly to learn all those things.

You have a few good points though..

The Boy Scouts is a better run organization. They do more interesting things too. I like it and I don't.

First off, it's much more convenient to enroll my daughter and bring her to the same meetings and activities as my sons. I also just like it better than the Girl Scouts and think the outdoors stuff they do is far superior.

That said, it's the loss of a male place, of which there are fewer than ever before. I like sending my kids somewhere where he can be a boy with other boys and have male role models. Adding girls changes the chemistry.

I think a lot of it is just Boy Scout membership is way down and they want people's money for whittling chips.

26406787.jpg

Last edited:
I think a lot of it is just Boy Scout membership is way down and they want people's money for whittling chips.
I think allowing girls now as members will kill their numbers.

Boys won't feel like it's exclusive and join up as much.

I think allowing girls now as members will kill their numbers.

Boys won't feel like it's exclusive and join up as much.

Considering their membership is down 20-30% within the past 10 years I don't think that it makes a difference one way or the other at this point.

Back