Boy scouts to admit girls. Why?

And Hollywood, and the Democrat Party, and the public school system, and NCAA football.

BTW, what is your source on the Scouts tolerance of pedophilia? This is news to me.

Dumb question. Is your photo Mari Pokinen?

Yes. You are the first person to correctly identify her. Are you a fan?

I am good with faces and one of her songs along with a picture popped up on a streaming music feed a few days ago but I could not identify from where until I was posting last night. I liked the song but have not heard enough to form a thoughtful opinion. I have hearing loss at the upper end so I suspect her voice may be difficult for me.

Its funny that liberals are celebrating this, when it basically means death for the girl scouts

It does not mean that at all.

What is so funny about people being so up in arms about this is the fact that you are not going to see a massive influx of girls into the Boy Scouts. What you are going to see is some girls join that are personally more interested in the activities the Boy Scouts do over the Girl Scouts, or them joining because there is no Girl Scout troop in their area.

lmao @ anyone wanting to join the boy scouts.

because it's for dorks. but maybe now they'll be able to talk to girls.

Yeah I mean who wants to hang out with dorks like Jimmy Buffet, Gerald Ford, W., Bill Clinton, Obama, Steven Spielberg, Hank Aaron, MLK, Nolan Ryan, Neil Armstrong - hell half the people that walked on the moon were scouts.

Yeah I mean who wants to hang out with dorks like Jimmy Buffet, Gerald Ford, W., Bill Clinton, Obama, Steven Spielberg, Hank Aaron, MLK, Nolan Ryan, Neil Armstrong - hell half the people that walked on the moon were scouts.
lol @ that list of old farts.

maybe it was cool to be one 70 years ago but lmao @ being one today.

From what I've seen, many real men are not secure in their sexuality and are threatened by powerful women in many contexts. Those things need to be developed intentionally. A big part of what is needed is programs that help males develop a positive masculinity: skilled, dependable, resourceful, good.

I see nothing wrong with this position, nor do I see it as in any way incompatible with co-ed development.

I'm not interested in the Boy Scouts teaching much about sexuality either way,

Beyond de-stigmatization, neither am I.

but it will be more difficult for them to shape boys as boys going forward.

This is nonsensical, since we already agreed that building up rigid and volatile concepts of masculinity is not of material worth to developing being "skilled, dependable, resourceful, good."

This is nonsensical, since we already agreed that building up rigid and volatile concepts of masculinity is not of material worth to developing being "skilled, dependable, resourceful, good."

How is this a response to anything I said? Are you asserting that single sex programs inherently build up rigid and volatile concepts of masculinity?

How is this a response to anything I said? Are you asserting that single sex programs inherently build up rigid and volatile concepts of masculinity?

Are you asserting that the presence of female influence precludes or weakens instillation of dependability and goodness?

Are you asserting that the presence of female influence precludes or weakens instillation of dependability and goodness?

Yes, too many girls can in some circumstances hinder male education and/or character development.

lol @ that list of old farts.

maybe it was cool to be one 70 years ago but lmao @ being one today.

ok, I admit that I didn't think of it as cool in my teens either, but how famous do you expect a 20-30something to be?

Here's a list of just Eagle Scouts since '95:

Aaron Brewer of the Bears, John Beck of the CFL, Austin Collie - Colts, Jordan Devy - Patriots, Chris Fogt - Olympian, Jeremy Guthrie - Royals, Josh Hart - Lakers, Grant and Ross James - Olympians, Jake Hannerman - Mariners, Steve Holcolmb - Olympian, Deuce Luti - Cardinals, Shane Victorino - Phillies, Matt Paradis - Broncos, Denis Pitta - Ravens, Dan Reynolds - Imagine Dragons, Kevin Rose - Dig Nation, Ryan Stout - Comedian, James Valentine - Maroon 5, David Archuleta - singer

ok, I admit that I didn't think of it as cool in my teens either, but how famous do you expect a 20-30something to be?

Here's a list of just Eagle Scouts since '95:

Aaron Brewer of the Bears, John Beck of the CFL, Austin Collie - Colts, Jordan Devy - Patriots, Chris Fogt - Olympian, Jeremy Guthrie - Royals, Josh Hart - Lakers, Grant and Ross James - Olympians, Jake Hannerman - Mariners, Steve Holcolmb - Olympian, Deuce Luti - Cardinals, Shane Victorino - Phillies, Matt Paradis - Broncos, Denis Pitta - Ravens, Dan Reynolds - Imagine Dragons, Kevin Rose - Dig Nation, Ryan Stout - Comedian, James Valentine - Maroon 5, David Archuleta - singer
lmao. never seen a longer list of nobodies.

Back