Boxing's GOAT and the MMA's GOAT in one picture

One out of two ain't bad.

SRR is the boxing GOAT. And Joe Louis > Ali
Ali's a top 10 ATG, no doubt.

You should chow down on a bullet.
wow, so violent. I bet you believe people truly fear your silly ass....
9ecaa13b545cc6bbed3946662373b4e6.jpg

Bitch all you want, but Anderoid Silva didn't want to go against Jon Jones, that's a fact.
He had the opportunity, but refuses it.

He looks like the biggest pussy ever.

You have to give credit to GSP: he retired 4 years, came back in a heavier weight class, and chocked the champion unconscious (the same dude who has beaten Anderoid Silva).
He's the undisputed GOAT.

Meh, I disagree.
GSP saw the whole division waiting for Bisping to fight Hendo. Yet he still dragged on until he signed a contract (by end of January) with full intention to not fight until August/September. That alone shows he did not care for the division. And we both know he accepted this fight BECAUSE it was Bisping.

And the way he left was exactly as you said. Money grabbing and 100% disrespect (or at least don't care) about the sport.

but I agree with you that the greedy UFC is to blame for allowing the fight to happen, though they did try to force GSP to unify the belt by putting that fight into his contract. I guess they were led to believe he would stay for more fights.

And for you to claim "it is nice that GSP & Bisping got to make money for their retirement". Fighters like Yoel and Jacare deserved title shots they didn't get. How fair it was to them? Jacare might never get a new title shot, and he darn well deserved it. (Yoel is getting his, so not so bad, but you know what I mean!).
Besides, let us be honest here. Bisping and GSP both were not hurting for money.

So you choose to see the negative side of it and I don't. Fair enough. As far as honoring the sport goes, how many of these guys will throw away opportunity and cold hard cash to uphold this honor when fighting is their job and the goal is to make the most money possible and do notable things?

Why do you think regular guys who would ordinarily be relaxed and focused are trying to act like clowns to emulate Conor? It is super easy to judge others when we are not in their position. Would you throw away millions of dollars to make a statement for the integrity of the sport?

You say it was because it was Bisping? Ya, I agree. People could say that they think Bisping is an easy fight which I don't think any of those guys are easy also when you consider that GSP was off for 4 years. Fighting anyone after 4 years in the ufc is crazy. But there is also the fact that most casuals know who Bisping is and far less have any idea who Romero or Whittaker are.

Everyone watched Bisping fight Hendo. I gave you the timeline where with injuries and viable contenders were beaten opening the door for this fight to happen. I don't know really what else to say. I think you are just bent on hating the guy. The obvious clue is the fact that you seem to want to downplay Bispings and the ufc's role in the whole situation. I guess we just disagree. I thought it was a fun fight and did next to no damage but we are entitled to our opinions.

The youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history , was notoriously powerful and intimidating in the ring , had incredible hand speed ( comparable only to the legendary Muhammad Ali ) had great lateral movement and sense of timing

Trevor Berbick ( heavyweight champion at the time , the man Tyson beat to become the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history ) , beat Larry Holmes ( was never knocked out before facing Tyson ) , Michael Spinks ( undefeated before getting destroyed by Tyson ) , Tony Tucker ( heavyweight champ at the time ), Tyrell Biggs ( olympic gold medallist ) , Pinklon Thomas ( tough as hell ) , James Smith ( was clinching Tyson the whole fight to avoid banging with him , also champion at the time )

All this before turning 25 years old ( in which he admittedly fuck himself up with hooker , booze , streetfights and the rape conviction )

But still

hqg-84.gif
Yeah buddy that's not a top 10/20 resume. In that he only has 2 top wins Larry Holmes (old as fuck) and Michael Spinks (should be 1 weigh class below). This is coming from a Tyson fan he's my favourite boxer. You can say all the excuses in the book but the truth is Tyson never reached his full potential.

Bitch all you want, but Anderoid Silva didn't want to go against Jon Jones, that's a fact.
He had the opportunity, but refuses it.

He looks like the biggest pussy ever.

You have to give credit to GSP: he retired 4 years, came back in a heavier weight class, and chocked the champion unconscious (the same dude who has beaten Anderoid Silva).
He's the undisputed GOAT.

LOL
make up whatever story you want, we both know GSP run from Silva throughout their primes.
GSP came back ONLY to fight Bisping, because he knew it was the easiest fight for him.
So much so, he run away right after.

So you choose to see the negative side of it and I don't. Fair enough. As far as honoring the sport goes, how many of these guys will throw away opportunity and cold hard cash to uphold this honor when fighting is their job and the goal is to make the most money possible and do notable things?

Why do you think regular guys who would ordinarily be relaxed and focused are trying to act like clowns to emulate Conor? It is super easy to judge others when we are not in their position. Would you throw away millions of dollars to make a statement for the integrity of the sport?

You say it was because it was Bisping? Ya, I agree. People could say that they think Bisping is an easy fight which I don't think any of those guys are easy also when you consider that GSP was off for 4 years. Fighting anyone after 4 years in the ufc is crazy. But there is also the fact that most casuals know who Bisping is and far less have any idea who Romero or Whittaker are.

Everyone watched Bisping fight Hendo. I gave you the timeline where with injuries and viable contenders were beaten opening the door for this fight to happen. I don't know really what else to say. I think you are just bent on hating the guy. The obvious clue is the fact that you seem to want to downplay Bispings and the ufc's role in the whole situation. I guess we just disagree. I thought it was a fun fight and did next to no damage but we are entitled to our opinions.

No, you misunderstand.
I do blame Bisping and the UFC as well (I wrote as much). I just concentrated on GSP because he is the topic, but I noted how I don't believe in Bisping being "injured". he used injury as an excuse to dodge other fighters so he could fight GSP.
But My point was that GSP was not blind/oblivious to what was happening and as such, he does share the blame as well.
As for the money part, come on now. You speak as if him (or even Bisping) were not rich enough to not need doing what they did.
yes, an extra million is fine, but as I said, I thought GSP would have more respect for the sport of MMA and not act like a hungry up newbie like the ones emmulating Conor.
He does not need that! And he was honorable before.
So maybe I was naive into thinking he would maintain his integrity. but You are just far more forgiving for the moackery of the sport throughout the full year it tookto set this fight in place (up until when he up & run back into retirement).
So at the end of the day, it seems simply that I had higher expectation of him than you did. And that you are far more forgiving or into accepting the (IMO lame) justifications and reasoning of what happened.

he run from Hendricks... and then from Whittaker...
Add Silva into the mix...
...seems he only accepts when it is the Dan Hardy's or one-eyed Koschek... and even then, he is afraid to finish them...
This is bullshit. You should be ashamed of your shitty opinion.

Yeah buddy that's not a top 10/20 resume. In that he only has 2 top wins Larry Holmes (old as fuck) and Michael Spinks (should be 1 weigh class below). This is coming from a Tyson fan he's my favourite boxer. You can say all the excuses in the book but the truth is Tyson never reached his full potential.

You are correct in that assessment that Tyson never reached his full potential , but as you're alluding to of the quality of opponents he beat , well as the old adage goes , you can only beat who's in front of you , and he did so in some of the most brutal and one sided fashion in ever seen in heavyweight boxing , he beat heavyweight champions , undefeated fighters ....

And please don't retort with " when he faced top competition he got murked " because by 1989 Tyson completely lost interest in being the best and had Mickey Rooney ( Cus's picked trainer for Tyson ) fired.

You are correct in that assessment that Tyson never reached his full potential , but as you're alluding to of the quality of opponents he beat , well as the old adage goes , you can only beat who's in front of you , and he did so in some of the most brutal and one sided fashion in ever seen in heavyweight boxing , he beat heavyweight champions , undefeated fighters ....

And please don't retort with " when he faced top competition he got murked " because by 1989 Tyson completely lost interest in being the best and had Mickey Rooney ( Cus's picked trainer for Tyson ) fired.
I agree with you but the fact is that since he lost interest and didn't beat the elite I wouldn't rank him in the top 20 he will still be a legend however.

No, you misunderstand.
I do blame Bisping and the UFC as well (I wrote as much). I just concentrated on GSP because he is the topic, but I noted how I don't believe in Bisping being "injured". he used injury as an excuse to dodge other fighters so he could fight GSP.
But My point was that GSP was not blind/oblivious to what was happening and as such, he does share the blame as well.
As for the money part, come on now. You speak as if him (or even Bisping) were not rich enough to not need doing what they did.
yes, an extra million is fine, but as I said, I thought GSP would have more respect for the sport of MMA and not act like a hungry up newbie like the ones emmulating Conor.
He does not need that! And he was honorable before.
So maybe I was naive into thinking he would maintain his integrity. but You are just far more forgiving for the moackery of the sport throughout the full year it tookto set this fight in place (up until when he up & run back into retirement).
So at the end of the day, it seems simply that I had higher expectation of him than you did. And that you are far more forgiving or into accepting the (IMO lame) justifications and reasoning of what happened.

In a perfect world it would likely be just how you hope and I would be happy with that also. Things become more complicated when business is involved for sure.
If people were that concerned with the sports integrity to that extent then they would most likely not support the ufc.
I am not going to speculate as to whether GSP always had the intention of dropping the title and we can never truly know what his true intentions were. I have never seen anything that would indicate to me that he is a sneaky, untrustworthy person, so I won't instantly assume the worst now just because I was not happy with how it turned out.

Professional athletes are primarily concerned with money, I know this because they put the word professional in front of athlete. GSP and Bisping did their jobs and the reasons for him dropping the belt are a matter of opinion. I won't call you a hater for your opinion if you don't call me naive for mine, I just don't think he is a bad guy. I get the feeling that neither of us have an agenda here which is unusual, lol.

In a perfect world it would likely be just how you hope and I would be happy with that also. Things become more complicated when business is involved for sure.
If people were that concerned with the sports integrity to that extent then they would most likely not support the ufc.
I am not going to speculate as to whether GSP always had the intention of dropping the title and we can never truly know what his true intentions were. I have never seen anything that would indicate to me that he is a sneaky, untrustworthy person, so I won't instantly assume the worst now just because I was not happy with how it turned out.

Professional athletes are primarily concerned with money, I know this because they put the word professional in front of athlete. GSP and Bisping did their jobs and the reasons for him dropping the belt are a matter of opinion. I won't call you a hater for your opinion if you don't call me naive for mine, I just don't think he is a bad guy. I get the feeling that neither of us have an agenda here which is unusual, lol.
hahahaha
I hear ya.
No, I don't mind people not thinking my way. And I hear ya.
Personally, I do try to always take the path you took. But in my mind, the second Dana announced he put a clause in GSP's contract that would obligate him to unify the belt, and then the way GSP spoke... it just seems logical to me what happened.
I do her what you say (that we don't have the full picture) and I agree with it. But one must work with what he gets, and the logical person I am, I got to the conclusion I got. No harm feelings though. As a grown up, I know not always the word will work the way I'd like...heck, more often than not it doesn't :)

LOL
make up whatever story you want, we both know GSP run from Silva throughout their primes.
GSP came back ONLY to fight Bisping, because he knew it was the easiest fight for him.
So much so, he run away right after.

If GSP fought Silva instead of Bisping it would have been a much easier fight. As for GSP ducking Silva, look at my sig. Also, remember he called out Diaz and McGregor. How can a supposed all time great call guys 3 weight classes below? GSP never called out a smaller man, never.

those are facts, buddy.
I know it hurts your feelings, but that is entirely your problem, isn't it?
Nothing in your post was factual. A series of opinions which were all bullshit, and flagrant disrespect for a legend.

You are entitled to your bullshit opinions, and I am entitled to call them bullshit.

Back