Boxing

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by shincheckin, Oct 28, 2017.

1. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    Has anyone heard of EMA boxing equipment? it looks like they are trying to copy/compete with UMA. Has anyone used or know anything about their products? Their stuff looks nice, but you really cant tell the quality of something by a picture. Only once you have it in your hands. Was wondering if anyone was familiar with these guys? take a loot at their stuff

http://www.emacustomfightgear.com/

2. oocampo White Belt

oocampo
    sketchy

3. Kick_@ss_Seabass Orange Belt

Kick_@ss_Seabass
    If i remember correctly, the EMA used to work with UMA....

shincheckin likes this.
  4. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    where or how did you hear this?

Its obvious they are competing or copying them. its like sprite vs 7up, at least from the pictures and logos.

5. Kick_@ss_Seabass Orange Belt

Kick_@ss_Seabass
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    shincheckin likes this.
  6. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    just read that thread.

So I dont know if I would doubt the quality, its sounds alot to me like what happened with king and topking. My understanding, I could be wrong or have the details wrong but King is made by twins, The guys that were making king, left and started their own compnay, topking.

7. Kick_@ss_Seabass Orange Belt

Kick_@ss_Seabass
    The only thing left to do is for you to get a pair of EMA and let us know how they are

shincheckin likes this.
  8. StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

StRatoCastR
    No, we do NOT need to support Knock off companies with inferior products. Plenty of high quality Pakistani companies to support that consistently offer superior products at an already reasonable price point.

iFossil likes this.
  9. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    Everything from pakistan that I have come across is shit quality. I was really surprised to see the UMA is good quality, and coming from pakistan. Can you name any other brands from pakistan that are good quality?

as far as EMA being a inferior product. No one will know until their brand is tested. For all we know it could be better.

10. StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

StRatoCastR
    We know about ema already, thats the thing. A guy defected from UMA stole patterns along with other things that we would consider illegal. If you want to chance it and support illegal practices and a shady business go for it. But when you place an order and either get something you didnt order or money out right stolen. There have been multiple red flags regarding EMA. Why bother?.

Not trying to be hostile here but it happens all the time in sherdog. Someone tries to provide insight on not shopping at a particular business or buy/trade from a specific person. Then they get burnt, and the warnings and signs were there. People will ignore my advice anyways in the hope they will get some kind of treasure no one else knows about.

There have been several reviewers here that will simply stay away from brands like EMA because if theyve stolen before, they are more than likely going to steal again. New brands come and go all the time. Im sure there will be a legit brand that pops up. For those listening, stay away. For those that chose to ignore, good luck.

In terms of high quality Pakistani gear. Stick with top boxer and UMA. Both brands are very well knownand trusted, and Ive reviewed both way more times than I can count.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    iFossil, theranch and shincheckin like this.
  11. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    Do you have any links or any proof of the things you state about them? Money stolen? Red flags? etc etc. I do not see any "warning signs" or any reason to believe they are going to steal my money. if they stole before they will steal again? What are you talking about?

They seem to be doing pretty good business from their instagram and from the pictures I have seen their gear looks good actually.

I dont see anything illegal about a former employee branching out and creating his own compnay. King and Top King did that. King was first, Top King ended up being way more successful.

You see it all the time with a competitor that is similar like: coke/pepsi, 7up/sprite, home depot/lowes, petco/petsmart, Dr Pepper/Mr Pib, etc etc etc.

https://www.instagram.com/ema.boxing/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  12. StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

StRatoCastR
    Poor analogy of a competitive business.

But when has any business tried to look badly, wave their hands up and say dont buy from me?

No, an illegit business will try to look as legitimate as possible. Thats the whole point.

There have been posts out there regarding this before, even posted by UMA about stolen patterns and materials. If you want to support that, cool.

Its not about breaking off and starting your own company here because they used to work there and found out they could do things better using previous training.

This is not that particular case. Things were STOLEN. Physical blue prints and materials such as leather and things to make gloves. Even the name is simply one letter off. UMA vs EMA. Its not like there is a coke and a koke to use your analogy.

Its like when i was in Korea there are blatant knock offs that look legit but they clearly arent. People still buy them.

As I stated you were never going to listen anyhow, its your money. Im warning the people that lurk on sherdog.

Im trying to prevent you from making a mistake, but you need to be willing to listen and close yourself off before you make up your mind.

Take it from a guy that reviews and tests/has a hand in creating gear. There are literally thousands of companies out there and hundreds of start ups. Why gravitate and waste time on one that has a questionable business.

Flashguard likes this.
  13. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    you seem pretty biased against them.

You dont have any proof to your claims, so they are opinion rather than fact. If you had some sort of evidence to back up the things you are saying about them it would be different. If you know the brand so well, and you state they are poor quality, but you have made no comments on the materials used, stitching, etc. on them vs UMA to point out why they are an inferior product and why UMA is better. The only thing you have said is that they have "stolen" from UMA. Which again I dont see any proof of, its an accusation with no evidence.

Have you ever seen the gloves in person, tested them, used them, reviwed them? Your a gear reviewer right? well have you reviewed them? If not you really cant comment on the quality of them because you simply dont know, and neither do I.

You seem to be basing everything about them off of this stolen thing, which if they did infact steal, would not be able to be in business.

King and Top King, both are good quality.

UMA, EMA, I have not seen them in person (neither have you?) but from the pictures I have seen, they seem to be good quality.

I really dont care about this whole "stolen" thing at all. And that seems to be what your basing everything off of. You have no idea whether they will steal my money when i place an order or not like you stated earlier. You also have no idea of the quality of the product.

Im open to learning about them, but you need to have something thats factual, with some evidence, rather than just accusing and jumping to all kinds of conclusions.

Post up some links about shitty products received, bad customer service etc. about them on sherdog. You said they have been discussed here before, so there should be some previous threads to read about people getting ripped off and inferior quality products right?

14. StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

StRatoCastR
    I dont even know what to say to this. Not because Im stumped...

Again, its your money, do what you want. At this point I cant help you nor am willing to argue. All I can say is good luck with the snorkel training and EMA.

15. hangulmalmotayo Blue Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    Unfortunately, without any evidence, it's just your word against his.

Also, I take umbrage at your anti-snorkel comments... Snorkeling can be a very relaxing experience.

EMA fight gear likes this.
  16. StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

StRatoCastR
    I know it is thats why i wished him luck!

The whole evidence thing, its a moot point. Best experience is a learned one. So thats why I left it at that.

shincheckin likes this.
  17. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    your stumped because you have nothing to back up anything you have said about them. If you do, please post it.

if anyone on here has learned anything from them that would be great. But the only thing you can state is basically, They stole from UMA so they will steal from me and their gear sucks, etc, etc, etc. If you had anything to back this up, I would take your word for it, but since you dont.........cool story bro.

[​IMG]

18. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin

From the pictures your product looks like good quality to me.

EMA fight gear likes this.
  19. shincheckin Green Belt

shincheckin
    @EMA fight gear

this is a bad ass set of equipment. I have not seen many of those paddles or "sticks" around before.

[​IMG]

20. iFossil Orange Belt

iFossil
    I don't know any back story between the 2, UMA and EMA.

But there is no doubt their products look identical. Even OP said copy/compete initially.

It's a free market, so of course everyone is free to purchase from whoever they want.

All I can chip in is UMA has a great reputation in quality and been treating their customers well with their CS (Myself included).

And their Ultra gloves just lies among my absolute favourites.

So between the two with similar (looking) products, I'd recommend UMA with personal experience. (Proven legit and reliable)

BTW, I think all the custom gear makers make those paddle and sticks.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:06 AM
    StRatoCastR and shincheckin like this.