Boxing will see a great resurgence in 2018, courtesy of an amateur fighter...

The HW division is way more interesting than it was these last 10 years or so.

McGregor will take his beating, grab his check and run away from where the biggest numbers have always been (ie boxing).

But yes, 2017 is a much better year than 2015, boxingwise, and it has little to do with Mc Gregor. The year was great before he gets smoked, and will be great afterwards.

I think MMA has passed up boxing in North America. The UFC is able to put on a PPV once a month. Granite they don't always do huge numbers, but they are still turning a profit. Look at 2016.

Boxing
Canelo vs Cotto- 900,000
Pacquiao vs Bradley III- 400,000
Canelo vs Khan- 500,000
Canelo vs Smith- 300,000
Pacquiao vs Vargas- 300,000
Ward vs Kovalev- 160,000

http://www.badlefthook.com/boxing-purse-reports

UFC

Rousey vs Holm- 1,100,000
Aldo vs McGregor- 1,200,000
Lawler vs Condit- 300,000
McGregor vs Diaz- 1,600,000
Jones vs St. Preux -425,000
Werdum vs Miocic- 350,000
Rockhold vs Bisping II- 320,000
Tate vs Nunes- 1,200,000
Lawler vs Woodley 240,000
McGregor vs Diaz II- 1,650,000
Miocic vs Overeem- 450,000
Henderson vs Bisping II- 290,000
McGregor vs Alvarez- 1,300,000
Pettis vs Holloway- 160,000
Nunes v Rousey 1,100,000

http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

Boxing can only do a PPV if Canelo or Mayweather are fighting. Pac's last fight wasn't even a PPV, GGG doesn't draw, and the Ward Kov fights tanked pretty bad.

I'm not trying to shit on boxing as I am a fan, and am not a boxing is dying tard, but I'm just calling it as I see it. There hasn't even been an EA Boxing video game since 2011. I'm really pulling for Wilder to unite the HW straps, because I think it would be good for boxing if the U.S. had an undisputed HW Champion.

McGregor and Rousey PPV's are the only ones that did over a million, and UFC 200 because of Lesnar

Boxing PPV is no longer a thing

Like Pac vs Floyd? Oh wait.....

But that wasn't a cross-platform event. There is potential with this show, for both boxing and mma to attract new viewership from each others realms, as well as possible neophytes from the mainstream.

But that wasn't a cross-platform event. There is potential with this show, for both boxing and mma to attract new viewership from each others realms, as well as possible neophytes from the mainstream.
The only people really taking it seriously are McGregor fans. Literally everyone else seems to think its a joke.

The only people really taking it seriously are McGregor fans. Literally everyone else seems to think its a joke.

Even if you were to relegate this to only McG fans, that's a shitload of people.

Even if you were to relegate this to only McG fans, that's a shitload of people.
A shitload of people who already had loads of free boxing on tv and chose not to watch instead of overdiluted ppvs.

This isn't going to be some seismic shift in fan bases and they only people with a semi in anticipation for the weekend are people who seem to think boxing is punch face to win, and anybody getting a slice of revenues.

What are those expectations?
Breaking all PPV records. I think it'll do well I just question if it really gets up in that 4 million PAc/Floyd range.

Breaking all PPV records. I think it'll do well I just question if it really gets up in that 4 million PAc/Floyd range.

And how exactly does that discrepancy have any meaning? Does it deserve any criticism whatsoever?

And how exactly does that discrepancy have any meaning? Does it deserve any criticism whatsoever?
Because its expected to break records. I don't really know how to break it down more than that.

Because its expected to break records. I don't really know how to break it down more than that.

Those expectations were only made by people who know how to base projections on hard specific data. Your speculation however is based on...

Nada.

How convenient, especially after both Rogan and White have always talked shit about boxing, even going far as saying the sport sucks and MMA is going to take over

I sometimes pity the rich on how theyre truly not happy and miserable but I think id sing different tune if I had a couple million

Dana loves boxing. He's at about every big event.

Those expectations were only made by people who know how to base projections on hard specific data. Your speculation however is based on...

Nada.
That makes no sense whatsoever.

You're not making any sense. I said I don't expect the fight to meet the highest expectations. You having some issue with that doesn't make any sense to me. I'm done talking about this.
Dude he used google...

Back