Boxing vs MMA : Using the "streetfight approach"

And the two lame drunks would be stomping on his head if he went jiu jitsu.....

Sorry but Jujitsu is not MMA. Jujitsu is only part of MMA just like boxing is or any other art/martial art.

Now, if the fight had went to the ground with the two guys bringing him down, then jujitsu would be a perfect martial art to help you defend yourself and escape.

One quick arm bar and the arm is broke and your attacker is incapacitated not able to attack you again.

A Boxer vs a MMA fighter one on one in a street fight, the MMA fighter IMO will come out on tops. The MMA fighter will know enough to cope with the boxers strikes could just as easily catch the boxer with some strikes of his own. The MMA fighter could easily KO the boxer by head kick, the boxer has only trained for punches, so will be at an disadvantage with head kicks, knee's and elbows raining down on him, he wouldn't know what had hit him.

If the fight did go to the ground, sorry boxing fans, but the boxer would be like a up turned turtle. The MMA fighter could end the fight so many ways, rear naked choke if he got the back, arm bar, ground and pound, elbow strikes etc etc

Sorry but true...

Also, a MMA fighter could cope better in a boxing ring, than what a boxer could cope in a MMA ring IMO.

What you described isn't a street fight. It's an MMA fight on pavement.

lol I love when people defend their ignorance.

P.S. - Britt, you'd do well to learn the concept that a man's chosen Profession does not encompass the scope of his knowledge.

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just saying how I see things in a honest way.

I like both sports remember.

Sorry but Jujitsu is not MMA. Jujitsu is only part of MMA just like boxing is or any other art/martial art.

Now, if the fight had went to the ground with the two guys bringing him down, then jujitsu would be a perfect martial art to help you defend yourself and escape.

One quick arm bar and the arm is broke and your attacker is incapacitated not able to attack you again.

I'm going to try and avoid getting into semantics here, but in a street fight with multiple people you're not going to be throwing around "quick armbars" here and there while being struck from several angles.

Also, a MMA fighter could cope better in a boxing ring, than what a boxer could cope in a MMA ring IMO.

I didn't even see this crap.

Jens Pulver
Marcus Davis
Vitor Belfort

And countless other attempted cross-over careers disagree.

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just saying how I see things in a honest way.

I like both sports remember.

No, you're being ignorant. It's entirely ignorant to assume that just because a man competes as a Boxer, he's completely clueless as to what to do when put on the ground, or kicked at. You're not saying "a Boxer who has never had any other training"...you're generalizing and stereotyping every practitioner of the Sport of Boxing.

Very ignorant.

Lame drunks? No. They were actually Gypsies running a scam where they distract a guy into an argument, then when he's arguing with the one who slapped his girl the other either stabs him or hits him from behind so they can both rob him.

Pretty common scheme in Eastern Europe. Nice try, though. It's fun pretending to know what you're talking about.

BTW, where are the MMA in the streets videos?

Oh, they were gypsies were they? Would you put your mortgage on it? Nobody knows for sure. But they looked like a couple of punks to me. If the boxer didn't beat them, then I would quit boxing if I was him.

Yeah, I'd put money in it.

I'm going to try and avoid getting into semantics here, but in a street fight with multiple people you're not going to be throwing around "quick armbars" here and there while being struck from several angles.

.....and you are psychic and can see the way every fight goes down can you now? A untrained fighter that's not used to defending arm bars etc etc, will leave the perfect opportunity for a JJ guy to grab an arm or leg or neck and end the fight in quick succession. F*ck even MMA fighters get caught in SUBS and they have been training for years to defend and apply the moves.

Lame drunks? No. They were actually Gypsies running a scam where they distract a guy into an argument, then when he's arguing with the one who slapped his girl the other either stabs him or hits him from behind so they can both rob him.

Pretty common scheme in Eastern Europe. Nice try, though. It's fun pretending to know what you're talking about.

BTW, where are the MMA in the streets videos?

Wait, gypsies know Brule-jitsu?

They forgot their bats, though. If they would have hit the guy in the face with a bat first and then stabbed him and stole his money, it'd go a lot better.

They must be Brule-jitsu whitebelts.

.....and you are psychic and can see the way every fight goes down can you now? A untrained fighter that's not used to defending arm bars etc etc, will leave the perfect opportunity for a JJ guy to grab an arm or leg or neck and end the fight in quick succession. F*ck even MMA fighters get caught in SUBS and they have been training for years to defend and apply the moves.

And you trying to take it to the ground will leave the perfect opportunity for me to perform an on the spot vivisection with the knife you never knew I had.

If you're in a fight with more than one to several people, the prospect of throwing armbars on them in the midst of this seems bogus.

It reminds me of those ridiculous aikido videos where the instructor is just casually throwing people around as if that would somehow be possible in an actual street scrap.

I didn't even see this crap.

Jens Pulver
Marcus Davis
Vitor Belfort

And countless other attempted cross-over careers disagree.

No, you're being ignorant. It's entirely ignorant to assume that just because a man competes as a Boxer, he's completely clueless as to what to do when put on the ground, or kicked at. You're not saying "a Boxer who has never had any other training"...you're generalizing and stereotyping every practitioner of the Sport of Boxing.

Very ignorant.

Atleast they tried to have a shot at boxing, what boxers can you name that have even attempted to fight in MMA? Exactly....

Not only that, but IMO they are not that good in MMA either.

...and you know exactly what I mean with the boxing debate, you're trying to twist things now.

Generally, a boxer will know less than a MMA fighter on the ground, that's not being ignorant, that's the truth.

Look what happend to Ray Mercer and stree fighter Kimbo, and kimbo is not even a MMA fighter IMO

Ray Mercer is probably older than your dad. It could be that he sucked at MMA because of his age, not because LOL BOXING SUX!

If you're in a fight with more than one to several people, the prospect of throwing armbars on them in the midst of this seems bogus.

It reminds me of those ridiculous aikido videos where the instructor is just casually throwing people around as if that would somehow be possible in an actual street scrap.

I'm not really talking about 5 on one or whatever, one on one.

and lol @ aikdo

Also, just FYI, boxers don't fight MMA because a boxer of an equivalent level is making about 10x what an MMA fighter would.

Why risk your career for peanuts?

Wait, gypsies know Brule-jitsu?

They forgot their bats, though. If they would have hit the guy in the face with a bat first and then stabbed him and stole his money, it'd go a lot better.

They must be Brule-jitsu whitebelts.

And you trying to take it to the ground will leave the perfect opportunity for me to perform an on the spot vivisection with the knife you never knew I had.

I'm not talking about knives and guns or tanks here, but just a fair one on one street fight with fists. legs, knees and elbows etc.

Ray Mercer is probably older than your dad. It could be that he sucked at MMA because of his age, not because LOL BOXING SUX!

I thought I would throw in my own stupid comparison at the end too

I'm not talking about knives and guns or tanks here, but just a fair one on one street fight with fists. legs, knees and elbows etc.

The second you step outside the ring, there's no such thing as a fair fight. You try to throw down on me, I'm going to cut your guts out and call my crew to bash your head in with bats.

That's how "street fights" work.

lol

Also, what about Kimbo, he's no spring chicken is he? he looks older than my dad.

Back