Boxing vs MMA : Using the "streetfight approach"

How about military guys trained to kill people in seconds by crushing the other guys throats or ripping their balls off, those kind of things? I'm guessing if there's multiple opponents many will run away or think twice about fighting a guy that just killed a man on front of them. I'd choose him and stand back so I don't get done for murder haha.

You have to get w/in range first.

Bottom Line:
YOU CAN'T TRAIN A CHIN!

Most MMA fighers get real weak in the knees when they get their chins tapped.

http://mmameetsboxing.blogspot.com/

How about military guys trained to kill people in seconds by crushing the other guys throats or ripping their balls off, those kind of things? I'm guessing if there's multiple opponents many will run away or think twice about fighting a guy that just killed a man on front of them. I'd choose him and stand back so I don't get done for murder haha.

Most of what I've heard is that military H2H combat training is sub par. Besides, I wouldn't just stand there and let someone crush my neck or grab my balls.

I know I'd rather have a mean right hook then a great ground game. I'd trust knocking someone out more then going for a single leg, getting mount and trying to arm bar them...especially with a friend or two booting me in the skull in the mean time...

Unless they are drunk, and alone, then I'd go gracie on them!

No of course not necessarily... but in my opinion this would usually be the case. As an example, I would easily choose an elite boxer to act as a "bodyguard" if I were to enter a hostile street fighting environment, say an all out riot, over an elite MMA fighter. What would you pick ???

You've obviously never seen Bas Rutten's Lethal Street Fighting Self Defense.

Brule-Jitsu destroys that lame shit. Brule-Jitsu was tested on the MEAN STREETS of PINE RIDGE in real LIFE OR DEATH SITUATIONS by ELITE TACTICAL WARRIORS.

It's the new evolution of X-TREME TACTICAL STREETFIGHTING!

I guess it depends on the situation and who takes advantage of the situation.

in a street fight im inclined to jump on my opponent and pull guard if he dowsnt hit me with a barrage of strikes i usually work a gogoplata but if he does i usually hold him down and wait for a standup. thats how street fights usually go.

in a street fight im inclined to jump on my opponent and pull guard if he dowsnt hit me with a barrage of strikes i usually work a gogoplata but if he does i usually hold him down and wait for a standup. thats how street fights usually go.

I love it

Not if I pull guard first.

*pulls guard*

pull guard. remember leland dog the bountys hunter son pulling guard when he attacked some fool with punches it ended up on the deck, to be honest i dont know who ended up a better position. he looked like he was trying to pull leg locks, that will get u killed in the street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5nqWuTTbw

You have "No Idea" about street fighting don't you? Military Hand-to-Hand Combat only works if your oponent is an "idiot and is afraid to fight." If your opponent is a muscled-bound dick head, it might work but not againts a determined guy ready to hurt or kill you. In a street fight their is no patterns or choreograph moves-- it's all random strikes and total aggression coz of our natural instict to survive and kill. Try to go to a Countries like Brazil, Philippines or Thailand and pick a Fight... they will reap you apart their. Fighting regardless of styles will be functional if the one who's using it has the will and guts to use it to Survive but at the same manner, styles or system that practice Total Combat form of Fighting and teaches mental tenacity will oftens times Succeed in a Street Fight. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is, a MMA fighter has more tools to play with and can end a fight in many ways. Sorry but a boxer cant and just has one way,

Bottom line is, a MMA fighter has more tools to play with and can end a fight in many ways. Sorry but a boxer cant and just has one way,

I'm guessing you haven't actually read this thread.

A Boxer vs a MMA fighter one on one in a street fight, the MMA fighter IMO will come out on tops. The MMA fighter will know enough to cope with the boxers strikes could just as easily catch the boxer with some strikes of his own. The MMA fighter could easily KO the boxer by head kick, the boxer has only trained for punches, so will be at an disadvantage with head kicks, knee's and elbows raining down on him, he wouldn't know what had hit him.

If the fight did go to the ground, sorry boxing fans, but the boxer would be like a up turned turtle. The MMA fighter could end the fight so many ways, rear naked choke if he got the back, arm bar, ground and pound, elbow strikes etc etc

Sorry but true...

Also, a MMA fighter could cope better in a boxing ring, than what a boxer could cope in a MMA ring IMO.

I'm guessing you haven't actually read this thread.

First and last page. I don't need to read the rest. I have my own opinions, don't need anyone else's to help me along.

take care xx

lol I love when people defend their ignorance.

P.S. - Britt, you'd do well to learn the concept that a man's chosen Profession does not encompass the scope of his knowledge.

Tell that to these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iDlzL7zrNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07v-Qn3n88g

- Both Boxers.

- Both fighting multiple attackers.

- Both victors.

You better go explain to them that what they did is impossible quick.

First video the guy is punching my grandfather and his fellow domino players no doubt with a few pace makers between them.

the second video the guy is punching two lame drunks

(all with zero fight experience)

...anymore vids?

First video the guy is punching my grandfather and his fellow domino players no doubt with a few pace makers between them.

...anymore vids?

And the two lame drunks would be stomping on his head if he went jiu jitsu.....

...anymore vids?

Lame drunks? No. They were actually Gypsies running a scam where they distract a guy into an argument, then when he's arguing with the one who slapped his girl the other either stabs him or hits him from behind so they can both rob him.

Pretty common scheme in Eastern Europe. Nice try, though. It's fun pretending to know what you're talking about.

BTW, where are the MMA in the streets videos?

Back