Boxing vs Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Raphael Dourado

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm sure that great BJJ fighters like Royce Gracie and Rickson Gracie would not be able to defeat great boxers like Sugar Ray Leonard and Muhamed Ali. BJJ will need to grab the opponent and the footwork of boxing will make it much more difficult, whenever the BJJ fighter tries to grab the opponent he leaves the guard open and a good boxer will always take advantage of this gap to knock out the BJJ fighter. What is your opinion?

Last edited:
Gotta lean towards the grappler 9/10 times. Especially if were talking someone whos ONLY trained bjj vs someone whos only trained boxing.

Gotta lean towards the grappler 9/10 times. Especially if were talking someone whos ONLY trained bjj vs someone whos only trained boxing.
Cant see a world where Royce grabs Ali or Tyson before getting tapped.

Cant see a world where Royce grabs Ali or Tyson before getting tapped.
I think Tyson would give trouble due to him being a freak of nature. But i dont see a world class bjj guy having trouble just diving on the legs of a boxer

Inoki wrecked Ali from the butt scoot. LOL. TS has never heard of wrestling. Watch the low single Randy did on Toney. No chance of being hit at all.

Back