Boxing technique podcast (any other recommendations?)

Brando

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys. Here's my first stab at a boxing technique podcast:

I reference some film study clips here, all of which can be found at http://www.warriorpunch.com/wpp1

Listening to podcasts and audio books is one of my favorite ways to consume information nowadays, but there isn't much content out there for fight sports participants.

While you can learn a ton about nutrition, S&C, MMA/boxing headlines, and fighter personalities behind-the-scenes, there aren't many shows sharing boxing techniques, strategies, and training tips.

My goal with the Warrior Punch Podcast is to fill that void. I understand that "active or aspiring fighter" is a tiny niche. I won't get anywhere near the traffic of a headline-driven "hot topic" sports show. But none of that interests me as much as 'talking shop.'

Week by week, I'll be looking at a different boxing tactic, strategy, or technique. First I consult the experts, then I relate the lesson through my own learning experience, before applying it with film study examples (which I hope will work as audio-only for those not interested in visiting the website). By the end of the show, I hope to have introduced listeners to something new, whether that's a cool trainer interview or a new concept entirely.

I limit every episode to 20 minutes to force myself to STFU and keep the info as clear and concise as possible.

I've been a longtime member here (I found my old training log from 2006... embarrassing) and would appreciate simple, honest feedback.

If you don't feel like listening, can you just recommend me some old technique podcasts?

A little too much selling and explaining yourself and what you're trying to achieve, may have been better just to get on with it.

Otherwise though, keep doing it, you'll get more comfortable and confident on the microphone as you go!

Also, check out Heavy Hands, its the only way to hear from Discipulus now.

Thanks Andy. That's very useful feedback. I considered chopping out that entire "but since this is the first episode..." preamble.

Enjoyed reading your stuff on MTG. Thanks again for the listen.

Thanks Andy. That's very useful feedback. I considered chopping out that entire "but since this is the first episode..." preamble.

Enjoyed reading your stuff on MTG. Thanks again for the listen.
No problem dude, you have a good voice for radio, and you explain everything clearly too!

Episode 2 is up:

Hoping this addresses your issues.

I won't plug this here anymore, so thanks for listening if you have!

Didn't listen to the first podcast, but the second was good!

The warrior punch site is much larger than I expected as well.

You seem passionate about the sport and know enough to communicate knowledge, quoting different boxing experts as well and providing references and videos for visual aids.

I'll be listening to the future podcasts!

Canadian? As soon as I heard that "about".

Excellent idea! Really good. Smart thinking on making it concise as well. Enjoyed the podcast so far!

Some of the things are a tad hard to visualise with audio only though. More clips, pictures or GIFS and such might get the point across better (I didn't see any for the 2nd podcast), just as long as they are concise as well.

Keep up the good work man! The site looks great too. Looking forward to more!

Canadian? As soon as I heard that "about".

Some of the things are a tad hard to visualise with audio only though. More clips, pictures or GIFS and such might get the point across better (I didn't see any for the 2nd podcast), just as long as they are concise as well.

Lol yup, Canadian.

Thanks for the feedback. I included links to video clips that were quoted in the podcast, but the embedded GIFs/short clips I used for Episode 1 are better. I'll stick to that approach.

I really appreciate all the feedback. Thank you again everyone.

Lol yup, Canadian.

Thanks for the feedback. I included links to video clips that were quoted in the podcast, but the embedded GIFs/short clips I used for Episode 1 are better. I'll stick to that approach.

I really appreciate all the feedback. Thank you again everyone.
Haha, thank Trailer Park Boys for teaching me how to recognise that one (one of my fav shows btw). Most Canadians I've talked to seem like good people though, so no worries.

Again, keep it up!

Cool idea. Get your show added to the podcast app so we can subscribe.

I like it, feels different than 2-man shows and I like all the references. Keep it up!!

I like it, feels different than 2-man shows and I like all the references. Keep it up!!

Thank you! Just released a new one (and I think we finally fixed the levels):

Back